• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Cimarron 1911. My first impressions

Pluribus

Testudo Sicario & Mediocris Albus Diaboli
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Because of a recent thread discussing the 1911s sold by Cimarron Arms that Lew started, I went ahead and took the plunge. I ordered through my LGS instead of ordering online and transfer through him since he offered a better price. I ordered it Monday and, received it today. Even standing at the counter at the shop, I was really impressed with it as was my dealer along with several customers and, personnel in the store. Everybody noticed that it really does have the look in the slide stamping on the left side and, blank on the right side with the only real difference in the lack of a proper G.I. safety. I already have one of those on the way from EGW to correct that. The slide cycling is delightfully tight and smooth just like Susie’s butt with no rattle whatsoever. I haven’t put the calipers to it or, even disassembled it yet but, muzzle is nice and tight at the bushing also.
EBB18990-2F66-432A-A952-B6378EFCDA2A.jpeg
Racing pony instead of the prancing pony.
3F71DD9D-35BD-40F0-A9A6-8A85BFFED0C7.jpeg
Lil dinky G.I. sites with a hole in the barrel of the appropriate bigness.
905AE8F8-7818-47A4-96EA-9504FC4A85D9.jpeg
AD915311-3056-40FD-920A-92C21FFEDCE9.jpeg
Everything has a nice smooth, flush fit at the back of the slide with a checkered hammer spur. The slide stop is also nicely checkered as it should be.
EA86D775-63C3-42C0-98E4-C02E60D52C74.jpeg
The grips are somewhat on the light side but, decent double diamond checkering and woodgrain.
D6D6B2F8-A426-4B23-900F-20EEF29C4B10.jpeg
I’ll wait till I get the EGW safety lever in and, installed before I put it in the Guns and Coffee thread. In the meantime, I’ll just sit here and, grin like a raccoon.

Shout out to our brother Lew for the inspiration. 👍🏻 🙂

Edit because, I forgot the picture of the import mark on the bottom of the spring tunnel. I know, Pahrump, NV? lol. 🥸
3EA59B31-F381-40CA-AC90-692BC747EE17.jpeg

Attachments:

Last edited:

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
That's a sharp lookin' gat!

They better watch out for that logo though. Looks a little too much like the COLT "rampant stallion."

rampant stallion.jpg

Some other outfit some years ago was putting something similar on their guns. One of my rifle-team buddies is a law-talkin' fella. He sued those guys for COLT, and got a bunch of money for it.

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #

They better watch out for that logo though. Looks a little too much like the COLT "rampant stallion."

View attachment 382993

Some other outfit some years ago was putting something similar on their guns. One of my rifle-team buddies is a law-talkin' fella. He sued those guys for COLT, and got a bunch of money for it.
So, there’s the possibility that someday mine will be rare. I called Cimarron to check for availability and they said they had over 900+ of that model. I also forgot, it came in a nice plastic hard case with two Italian made Act-Mags, the no bangity thingy and, the two test fired cases.
C7E1FDAC-FF73-4976-A566-AA1EEB463D09.jpeg

Bladewurk

FALaholic #

View attachment 382993

sounds like the EMF Colt SAA clones with the patent dates and the “Hartford Horsey”.. I’m pretty sure those at least got a C&D letter I dunno about a $ettlement.
The Cimarron looks more like a Pony Express rider it should be alright.
Good for those Wild Bunch matches!

lew

FALaholic #
Don't be givin' me no credit like I'm someone reputable.

I was hemmin' and hawin' on one as I really want another single stack pistol of some historical merit to go with my P38 and MAC Mle. 50. I had just sworn off on that quest, but dammit if I don't need one of those Cimarrons. Addin' it back on the list. THANKS A LOT. :mad:

😁🍻

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Oh, you’re 🫵🏻 responsible, absolutely. If you hadn’t started your thread, I wouldn’t have started Jones-ing for one of these things in the first place! I’ve got 1911 type pistols running out the Ying-yang but no-owhh, log into the Falfiles and a guy encounters all manner of of irresponsible influence.
I kid. But, it did peak my interest in the variety. I’m glad I did, too. It’s well made and a good tribute of the time frame with the exception of the noted thumb safety. My FFL priced me out about $25 less than the MSR listed on Cimarron‘s website and, no transfer which made it that much easier for me to make my decision. I’m just a weak man at times and, easily influenced, lol. 😎

lew

FALaholic #
Oh, you’re 🫵🏻 responsible, absolutely. If you hadn’t started your thread, I wouldn’t have started Jones-ing for one of these things in the first place! I’ve got 1911 type pistols running out the Ying-yang but no-owhh, log into the Falfiles and a guy encounters all manner of of irresponsible influence.
I kid. But, it did peak my interest in the variety. I’m glad I did, too. It’s well made and a good tribute of the time frame with the exception of the noted thumb safety. My FFL priced me out about $25 less than the MSR listed on Cimarron‘s website and, no transfer which made it that much easier for me to make my decision. I’m just a weak man at times and, easily influenced, lol. 😎
I plant the seed for irresponsible purchasing decisions, you reinforce and reciprocate. That's what the Files is all about. It's a support group for delinquent behavior.

Story

FALaholic #
The slide cycling is delightfully tight and smooth just like Susie’s butt with no rattle whatsoever.
log into the Falfiles and a guy encounters all manner of of irresponsible influence.
I’m just a weak man at times and, easily influenced, lol. 😎
Fret naught, as spreading the word of Saint Browning and God's caliber embiggens a soul with each keystroke.

However, you might do the collective a reach-around favor and specify *which* Susie's butt you're referencing as that grouping can range far and wide.

Savvy?​

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
However, you might do the collective a reach-around favor and specify *which* Susie's butt you're referencing as that grouping can range far and wide.

Savvy?​
I thought everybody knows who Susie is. At the drive-in, you think you’re in love, happily ever after... You know, Susie.

My confelicity embiggens with the pecking of each key. 🤓

Last edited:

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Gotta clarify specific Susie or generic Susie. I have four specifics that spring to mind, each with buttocks as individual as snowflakes.
I considered mellifluous for my description but that just didn’t seem to fit in describing slab steel and, big boolitz. So, I’m going with the generic Susie, kind of like the generic Susie’s panties a DI sings about for cadence. Not to be confused with Mary Jane Rottenkrotch which is nowhere near as delightful.
I also could’ve said smooth as a babies butt but, too many Internet spies would’ve turned that into some sort of pedo event.

Story

FALaholic #
I considered mellifluous for my description but that just didn’t seem to fit in describing slab steel and, big boolitz. So, I’m going with the generic Susie, kind of like the generic Susie’s panties a DI sings about for cadence. Not to be confused with Mary Jane Rottenkrotch which is nowhere near as delightful.
I also could’ve said smooth as a babies butt but, too many Internet spies would’ve turned that into some sort of pedo event.
GoogleImages is a weird spin of the digital roulette wheel
Today I learned
there's a realtor named
Susie Butts​

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
My EGW thumb safety showed up in Saturday’s mail so, after about 20 minutes of minor fitting which was very, very minimal, my new Cimarron now has a proper G.I. 1911 safety. The EGW blasted bluing is just a skosh darker but, still closely matches the blasted blue finish of the Cimarron. For those who might be interested or, influenced lol, here’s a pic.
38D1BCA5-289A-4B01-930E-275CE895B6D6.jpeg
E10BB115-1EBA-48B0-858A-73515BFAA335.jpeg