• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Chuck Mawhinney

Venom6

FALaholic #
My friends, some of you may have known or know of Chuck Mawhinney. He was inarguably one of the best American snipers to come out of the 'Nam. After the war he came home, worked for the USFS out of Baker City,, and raised a family, without ever once mentioning his time in-country. He was outed by Fred Ward in his book, "Dear Mom, A Sniper's Vietnam," and subsequently became a minor celebrity and spoke at several of our Eastern Oregon police sniping seminars, however reluctantly, at my request. He was a good friend. But he has just now died by suicide. Sometimes I think that dam war killed us all.

lew

FALaholic #
That sucks. Really. Mr. Mawhinny was a hero if I've ever had one. RIP, Marine.

He was up there in years. Was there something health-related?

Impala_Guy

FALaholic #
He seemed at peace with his military exploits in the interviews of him I've seen. No one should ever feel bad for disposing of a communist. Watching the clot shot strike down my mom last year with aggressive dementia and my good for nothing old man in his 80s makimg his problems my problems, I can see how getting old and handicapped can be too much for some people especially if those around them dont recognize elderly depression. RIP Chuck, may the wind be at your back from here on out.

Last edited: