• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Christians: Embrace Your Suffering and Persecution..Historically Persecution has Accomplished the Purposes and Plan of GOD & Salvation

goon

FALaholic #
He is being persecuted right now.....in this....HIS....proper thread.....by HIS OWN BROTHERS in arms.

Let that soak in.
I have a few people I’d call brother, either by birth or by the grace of God. But none of them post here. You can’t even trust some of the people here to sell you a metric extractor, let alone call them your brother. Surf around a few discussions and just read the stuff some of these guys say to others.

Aeroscout

Contributor
FALaholic #
I have a few people I’d call brother, either by birth or by the grace of God. But none of them post here. You can’t even trust some of the people here to sell you a metric extractor, let alone call them your brother. Surf around a few discussions and just read the stuff some of these guys say to others.
He is a "Well known" and long established member of the FAL Files. Clearly he has a love for that which brings us all here, The Right Arm of The Free World (Hmmm). He is/was a mortar-man of the 7th Infantry Division, and has neither bought nor sold (according to his feedback) in the marketplace. He is obviously a fellow Brother in Christ.

I know nothing of him other than that.....And I proudly call him my Brother, as I do you. Brother.

Whether that notion is reciprocal with you concerning you and I? Is irrelevant.

Love is the answer. Return not evil for evil.

V guy

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
We obviously upset the poster.

He tries to post topics that he thinks we will bite on, to some how gain comraderie/acceptance, but there is no camraderie here, just banter, as it should be.

Faceless nameless anynomyity is great shit.
But he just does not get it. I feel sorry for him.

He is trying to BELONG to some group, but you cannot belong to a nameless-faceless "virtual cyberspace dream".

This is not home; this is where we share knowledge and experiences gained in our lives, and learn that our opinions may or may not be valid. We share our outer reality and hope others may appreciate it. I do.

goon

FALaholic #
We obviously upset the poster.

He tries to post topics that he thinks we will bite on, to some how gain comraderie/acceptance, but there is no camraderie here, just banter, as it should be.

Faceless nameless anynomyity is great shit.
But he just does not get it. I feel sorry for him.

He is trying to BELONG to some group, but you cannot belong to a nameless-faceless "virtual cyberspace dream".

This is not home; this is where we share knowledge and experiences gained in our lives, and learn that our opinions may or may not be valid. We share our outer reality and hope others may appreciate it. I do.
Increasingly, it seems to be a place for people to vent their anger or hatred at each other over the slightest provocation. Or none at all. There’s an unbelievable amount of FAL knowledge archived here from the early 2000’s, but many newer discussions collapse into vile contests to shred each other.

I walked past a Bible that someone moving out of my building left on a shelf tonight. It was open and a couple pages were crumpled. I closed it to protect the pages and set it away from the corner. The scriptures didn’t cause me any pain. I won’t be going to church this Sunday, but it takes nothing to behave with some respect. Anyone could scroll past this discussion easy enough.

And if the OP is struggling with a psychiatric issue (I’m not saying he is), will a bunch of people piling on to ridicule him help with that? Probably not.

Aeroscout

Contributor
FALaholic #
Wow....what an eye opening thread.

Nothing said by the OP is anything left field. Simple teaching that would be found in any Bible study, in any Church, in any town in America...Including all of yours.

The hatred and vitriol is rather stunning. The exact same people, with the exact same attitude is who crucified Christ.

Clearly some have bought into the "we bubbled up from some goop on a cooling rock and "descended" from monkeys" doctrine hook line and sinker....as evidenced by their howling and slinging of poo from the tree tops.

goon

FALaholic #

Nothing said by the OP is anything left field. Simple teaching that would be found in any Bible study, in any Church, in any town in America...Including all of yours.

The hatred and vitriol is rather stunning. The exact same people, with the exact same attitude is who crucified Christ.

Clearly some have bought into the "we bubbled up from some goop on a cooling rock and "descended" from monkeys" doctrine hook line and sinker....as evidenced by their howling and slinging of poo from the tree tops.
When I was 14, my grandmother began misplacing things. Keys, her bracelet, her purse - small things. At first us kids were blamed for moving things around or playing pranks. We weren’t. About a year later she became extremely invested in her church, the Bible, and donating large sums to missionary trips. She had gone to church for about the last 25 years - but her complete devotion to it was a noticeable change. I think she knew something was happening, and tried to turn to her faith to explain and endure it.

Her memory continued to decline. She was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s soon after. She began wandering off from her home and was found miles away several times, once in cold & wet woods with no shoes. My mother did what she could to provide comfort and visit her until the disease claimed her life. Just being able to talk to other people meant a lot to her over that time.

From just the tiny slice I can see of any stranger’s life in a discussion like this, if someone else was struggling with something like that, the last thing I’d want is to see is anyone ridicule him. But I have no hatred for the man either way.

Aeroscout

Contributor
FALaholic #
Religion is an abomination (Let he who has ears Hear) and any proclaiming to follow the teachings of Jesus that took advantage of a person suffering from dementia/Alzheimer’s is no child of God.

Shuck off the meatsack, shuck off any notion of man's creation called religion and read the Book. Then act accordingly. It really is that simple. He is merely speaking the Word. The Book tells us we are to do so. Nothing outlandish or crazy about anything I have read in this thread....other than the reaction to it.

I don't think it is him they are hating on.

Matthew 10:22 comes to mind.

ftierson

FALaholic #
Wait - just so I'm clear on all this...

You guys who are bitching about this dude voluntarily clicked on a thread he started?

Wake up, maroons. He's not breaking any rules, and YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ ANY OF THIS. No one has a gun to your head. You are acting like snowflake libtard douchecanoes - the very people you hate in the 'Cancel Culture' whack-job Antifa/Godless Commie riot groupies.

I'll say it again: you don't have to be here. He didn't post this in your thread. You are giving him space in your head absolutely RENT-FREE.

Try to imagine Daffy Duck's voice when I type this:

"Thuckerths!"
About sums it up...

I've thought about a comment or two, but then I'm on double ignore anyway... :)

Forrest

jugrunner

Alpha-Mail
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
His door?

He is posting this in open discussion so there is no ( his door )... personally I'd rather be a wolf of Odin than a lamb of his so-called god.

His religion is in it's dying days, the old Norse religions are coming back but the biggest gainer is Islam. I hope he would remember this, with them you convert or they cut your head off... maybe he is looking forward to it.
No doubt you have some issues .. I wish you well ..

MOS11C

FALaholic #
continued....

Saul wanted to extinguish the Church of Christ.
But his Persecution just scattered hundreds of believers away from Jerusalem to PREACH.
People escaped through their back doors with only the clothes in their backs and without their livelihood, pouring out of the city gates of Jerusalem, cast out, running for their lives. They did not hide in the hills or the desert, instead they went everywhere PREACHING the Word. Everyone was a preacher.
Saul's ferocious , ravaging and fierce Persecution fulfilled GOD's Word.
Many fled to preach all over the World.
Today it is right and proper for all of us to go out and preach the Word.
One illustration of the scattered that was significant is Phillip.

To be continued.....

MOS11C

FALaholic #
....continued

Phillip, not the apostole, but the deacon.
One of the crème de la crème. One of the 7 that was chosen.
From a deacon he became an Evangelist.
An Evangelist , since he went everywhere preaching the Word.
He went to Samaria. A Tough land. Enemy of the jews. They hated each other.

In 722 BC when the assyrians conquered the northen kingdom, which capital city was Samaria, they casted out everybody from Samaria to Assiria and filled Samaria with pagans, invaders, illegal immigrants
and all kinds of scumbags. Some of the Jews who stayed behind married these folks and created a
corrupted group of heretics. <------- Not the crème de la crème.......LOL
Unlike the southern kingdom where it's Jews refused to intermarry the scum babilons.
The Jews even refused help for Samaria after they (the Jews) came back from exile.

But Phillip was not going to take that. He did not care.
He was going to Preach Christ to these Samarians.

to be continued.....

-
-
-

Last edited:

MOS11C

FALaholic #
...continue

So why would Phillip "proclaim" Christ to these corrupted heretics?
Phillip knew that Samarians had knowledge of the Messiah.
As Christ once had passed thru Samaria on His way to Galilee and
folks witness His conversation with the Samarian woman by the well.

In John 4:
The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ).
“When He comes, He will tell us all things.”

Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He."

So Samaritans believe in the coming of the Mesiah and turns out that Christ
revealed His Mesiahship to them first.
Phillip performed miracles of healing and demon casting to authenticate the message
of our Lord.

People were fascinated and joyful, as there were so many false preachers and teachers
running around.....But this guy was powerful and legit. Full of the Holy Spirit.

Following with the causal idea of the title of this thread:

Persecution drew Phillip to Samaria, and the testimony of this ONE man drew the entire
city to believe in GOD and rejoice greatly.
Believing in GOD is joyful and
JOY, is the first fruit of Salvation.

Persecution led to Salvation of many souls.

-
-
-

Last edited:

MOS11C

FALaholic #
Many churches who have defied these draconian, politicized, unconstitutional and onerous
mandates to close churches and/or to restrict church goers have attracted a massive new number
of members to listen to sermons and preachers.

This is a list of democrat Persecutory orders that churches are demanded to follow:

- no indoor meetings at all
- pre-registration of each person who comes into church property
- people only allowed in church property for scheduled events (no personal discussion with pastor)
- every person in the property must be screened
- every person temperature taken
- social distance everybody every where, including parking lots and restrooms
- every other parking space must be left vacant
- mark floor paths for social distance, staff monitors to monitor it
- always wear a mask
- staff monitors to control restrooms social distance
- signs showing these mandates
- restrooms ONLY to be used during the sermon service
- no communions
- no offering containers
- no handing books
- no singing
- no hugging
- no hand shaking (not even with gloves)
- disposable seat covers changed between services
- shorten the services
- self quarantine (2 weeks) required if someone comes in contact with non-family members

...and this one particular church that has thousands of members have had NOT ONE reported case of the virus
before these mandates.

-
-
-
--

RJCapt

FALaholic #
yeah - this ^ is B.S. and must be disobeyed. This is straight anti-1st amendment.
That’s Grace Community Church in California, pastored by John MacArthur. MacArthur is a gifted teacher/author, there are literally hundred of his sermons going back to the early 70s on YouTube. If you’ve never seen them, they are worth it.

In retaliation of his defiance, the city has revoked their leases on 3 properties they use for parking that they have had for decades.

Stand strong Johnny Mac. He truly understands that when governments stand in deference to God, we must serve God. I gladly stand with him. My knee bends only to God and I bow to His Majesty with a joyful heart. He is my shepherd and I know His voice.

Pete

STGThndr

FALaholic #

Historically the Gospel went to the World because believers and preachers were Persecuted.
Preaching...as a result of Persecution...and Persecution as a result of Preaching....leaded to Salvation.

We shouldn't be eager to be persecuted nor create situation where we get persecuted.
No need to strife for it...but we should not fear it.
We need to expect it...and We need to EMBRACE it.

Spread the Word....GOD's Word.

-
-
-
-
HUH????

STGThndr

FALaholic #

Oh horseshit... Obviously you know nothing about evolution and scientific theory... Only fundie Christians teach that humans descended from monkeys (or apes).. evolutionary theory has NEVER taught that!

brunop

Refresh Key Masher
Staff member
Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
I know enough to know two or three really important things:

1. No scientist can actually explain how life came about.

2. The likelihood of this being an "accident" is vanishingly low because there isn't enough matter in the known universe to have delivered the complexity we see here on earth due only to random genetic mutation in the 15BBB years of the earth's existence. So low, in fact, that scientists have had to create the "multi-verse theory" so there are probability numbers that don't look like this: [0], and

3. because of this ^ fact, the biologists I know tend to be atheists, but the actual theoretical physicists, and people who are really good at math, tend to believe in God.

I'm not saying that God didn't use some sort of evolutionary process to complete His design, but I am definitely saying that the odds of life on this earth being an accident of nature is very much like a tornado blowing through a junkyard and making a 747.

Please, please tell me that I just need enough tornadoes and junkyards....

Aeroscout

Contributor
FALaholic #

Oh horseshit... Obviously you know nothing about evolution and scientific theory... Only fundie Christians teach that humans descended from monkeys (or apes).. evolutionary "theory" has NEVER taught that!

Notice the progression below according to evolutionary THEORY (Better to read the Book of Genesis.....and commit it to memory!). God CREATED Man.

Descendant (noun):
1 : one originating or coming from an ancestral stock or source
2 : one deriving directly from a precursor or prototype

Primate:
in zoology, any mammal of the group that includes the lemurs, lorises, tarsiers, monkeys, apes, and humans.

Ardipithecus:
the earliest known genus of the zoological family Hominidae (the group that includes humans and excludes great apes) and the likely ancestor of Australopithecus, a group closely related to and often considered ancestral to modern human beings.

Australopithecus:
(Latin: “southern ape”) (genus Australopithecus), group of extinct primates closely related to, if not actually ancestors of, modern human beings and known from a series of fossils found at numerous sites in eastern, north-central, and southern Africa.

And the money shot:

Last edited:

RJCapt

FALaholic #
I know enough to know two or three really important things:

1. No scientist can actually explain how life came about.

2. The likelihood of this being an "accident" is vanishingly low because there isn't enough matter in the known universe to have delivered the complexity we see here on earth due only to random genetic mutation in the 15BBB years of the earth's existence. So low, in fact, that scientists have had to create the "multi-verse theory" so there are probability numbers that don't look like this: [0], and

3. because of this ^ fact, the biologists I know tend to be atheists, but the actual theoretical physicists, and people who are really good at math, tend to believe in God.

I'm not saying that God didn't use some sort of evolutionary process to complete His design, but I am definitely saying that the odds of life on this earth being an accident of nature is very much like a tornado blowing through a junkyard and making a 747.

Please, please tell me that I just need enough tornadoes and junkyards....
Hey, I believe in God and I’m terrible at math. Hope that doesn’t hurt your argument.....

I agree with most of what you offered, especially point #1, there’s a reason they can’t explain it using science, and I’ll just leave it at that. Of course if you’re wrong, I’d really like a 747....

The only “slight” point I would differ with you on is that God somehow used evolution to “complete” His design. Considering He spoke us into existence (and He saw that it was good), He is absolutely able to create perfection, we just couldn’t listen to Him, for like 5 minutes. Any “imperfection” in His creation is caused by us.

How many junkyards and tornadoes do you link I need? I’ll admit it, I really want a 747....

Pete

RJCapt

FALaholic #
Religion is an abomination (Let he who has ears Hear) and any proclaiming to follow the teachings of Jesus that took advantage of a person suffering from dementia/Alzheimer’s is no child of God.

Shuck off the meatsack, shuck off any notion of man's creation called religion and read the Book. Then act accordingly. It really is that simple. He is merely speaking the Word. The Book tells us we are to do so. Nothing outlandish or crazy about anything I have read in this thread....other than the reaction to it.

I don't think it is him they are hating on.

Matthew 10:22 comes to mind.
Just thought I’d add this, if you don’t mind.

I’m not a fan of the word “religion” myself, because of the connotations it has in today’s world. But according to scripture:

James 1:26-27 KJV
[26] If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. [27] Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

This passage changed the way I look at this word. Please take this in the spirit I am intending it, I’m not trying to beat you up on this.

Also, if I may continue, you mentioned in another post that the OP hasn’t said anything you wouldn’t hear in a Bible study (I’m paraphrasing here). I disagree. His theology is more than a little skewed. Some of it is accurate, but he has enough inaccuracies to make me wary. Read all of his posts, I think you’ll see what I’m talking about. I tried more than once to redirect him with applicable scriptures and for that he put me on “ignore”.

Either way, I appreciate reading your posts.

Pete

brunop

Refresh Key Masher
Staff member
Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
The only “slight” point I would differ with you on is that God somehow used evolution to “complete” His design. Considering He spoke us into existence (and He saw that it was good), He is absolutely able to create perfection, we just couldn’t listen to Him, for like 5 minutes. Any “imperfection” in His creation is caused by us.

How many junkyards and tornadoes do you think I need? I’ll admit it, I really want a 747....

Pete
Pete - I appreciate the point. I didn't mean to say God's plan was "incomplete" - only that natural intra-species evolution (birds' bills getting longer in three generations based on available food sources was witnessed by Darwin in the Galapagos, for example) might have been part of his Design from the beginning. Organisms can heal themselves, and it makes sense that He would make organisms able to change and compete based on what 'input' came from the world around them.

I do not believe that horses, bears, dogs, and whales all come from the same single-cell parent. The thought makes reason stare.

Aeroscout

Contributor
FALaholic #
Just thought I’d add this, if you don’t mind.

I’m not a fan of the word “religion” myself, because of the connotations it has in today’s world. But according to scripture:

James 1:26-27 KJV
[26] If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. [27] Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

This passage changed the way I look at this word. Please take this in the spirit I am intending it, I’m not trying to beat you up on this.

Also, if I may continue, you mentioned in another post that the OP hasn’t said anything you wouldn’t hear in a Bible study (I’m paraphrasing here). I disagree. His theology is more than a little skewed. Some of it is accurate, but he has enough inaccuracies to make me wary. Read all of his posts, I think you’ll see what I’m talking about. I tried more than once to redirect him with applicable scriptures and for that he put me on “ignore”.

Either way, I appreciate reading your posts.

Pete
I hear you....my wife gave me look also....working on the "bridleth not his tongue" part......the Spirit hit me before you did....I should have listened. Point gladly taken.

PS...I will reread through it.

Last edited: