• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Checkmate M1a mags

lew

FALaholic #
Checkmates are the M14 mag. Look nowhere else. Customer service on an unrelated matter was also first rate.

And yes, they make Springfield's mags. Other than SAI's stamp, they're identical.

Jarhead504

FALaholic #
Yeah, yeah. Fresh ones maybe. Didn't the military have problems with those mags when they first came into production? Old Checkmate M-14 mags scare me.

I have a few they do not give me too much trouble BUT, PRO-TIP: If you (dare) buy mags at a gun show ALWAYS bring your rifle to make sure they fit!! If they don't, then OBVIOUSLY (you would think OBVIOUSLY, right), Do Not jam them, force, ram them, wrestle with them, fight with them, if they don't. However, difficult mags can be remedied, but remember, they still have to be remedied by someone who KNOWS what to do. Many mags at gun shows have already been "Bubba-ed" by Hammer and Grinder experts. They are Experts at ruining gun parts because, that's what they "know" how and what to do.

Jarhead

lew

FALaholic #
Yeah, yeah. Fresh ones maybe. Didn't the military have problems with those mags when they first came into production? Old Checkmate M-14 mags scare me.
Checkmate was not one of the original M14 magazine suppliers. They were contracted in the '90's to make replacements for US military stocks, and their magazines became available commercially in 2005. You may be equating the company's wares with the Beretta M9, but, in that case, use of CMI mags were the recommended fix to issues encountered in the Middle East.

raubvogel

Contributor
FALaholic #

Jarhead504

FALaholic #
Checkmate was not one of the original M14 magazine suppliers. They were contracted in the '90's to make replacements for US military stocks, and their magazines became available commercially in 2005. You may be equating the company's wares with the Beretta M9, but, in that case, use of CMI mags were the recommended fix to issues encountered in the Middle East.
It's the ones made for use in the sandbox in the beginning are those to which I was referring. It is typical for intro-products to get off to a rough start. As I stated, I have a few newer ones that do not give me any problems.

Jarhead

lew

FALaholic #
It's the ones made for use in the sandbox in the beginning are those to which I was referring. It is typical for intro-products to get off to a rough start. As I stated, I have a few newer ones that do not give me any problems.

Jarhead
Gotcha. Cheers!