• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Charter Arms ?

yovinny

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
Are the latest CA revolvers any good ?
Do they compaire to something like Taurus in quality & design ?
I'm thinking of their 2" airweight 32mag's, 'undercoverette' iirc.

I'm kind of spoiled with older Smith's and havent looked at much else in the last decade, but I'm pertty limited looking for something 'else' thats actually available and in 32mag.
I already own a Smith 4" SS kit gun...A case of ammo & reload it.. Had a ruger single six 20+ yrs ago, but couldn't get it to shoot for me. Probably should have picked up one of the Taurus ones some years back,, but didnt.. :
Thoughts,, or if you just want to troll about the girly caliber, have at it !! :)
Cheers, yv

Invictus77

1C16:13
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Thoughts,, or if you just want to troll about the girly caliber, have at it !! :)
Cheers, yv
Standing up on your feet, recoil is easily managed. Maneuverability is easy and all options are open.

I do understand the need for less recoil however, when you sit down to pee and might be attacked.

No trolling on that itty bittly little caliber from me bro sister :cool:

VALMET

M62/76
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I’ve owned one of their .44 Spl Bulldogs since I bought it new in 2010. Have prob put 600-700 rounds thru it from light reloads to warmer Winchester/Hornady stuff. It’s worked like a champ and locks up tight. I would be a tad hesitant to put red hot Buffalo Bore thru it though- at least regularly.

I would say they’re a great value for the money but they aren’t as cheap as they used to be

pistolero1911

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Acceptable quality mousey size revolver in a defensive caliber. I found out about the CA Undercoverette by accident, my friend purchased some .32 H&R Magnum rounds when I asked him to get .32 ACP for my Walther. Luckily (??) his wife had an Undercoverette so we tried a few cylinders worth of the .32 Magnums. Not bad, good accuracy at 7 and 10 yards, decent fit and finish, overall a very good gun at the price point. It is not S&W quality, but neither is it S&W $$$.

SWOHFAL

FALaholic #
Acceptable quality mousey size revolver in a defensive caliber. I found out about the CA Undercoverette by accident, my friend purchased some .32 H&R Magnum rounds when I asked him to get .32 ACP for my Walther. Luckily (??) his wife had an Undercoverette so we tried a few cylinders worth of the .32 Magnums. Not bad, good accuracy at 7 and 10 yards, decent fit and finish, overall a very good gun at the price point. It is not S&W quality, but neither is it S&W $$$.
With the corners S&W has been cutting lately, neither are they.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Something to be said for .38 back up revolvers vs anything else, ammo availability, cost being high among them.
We have a couple Smith J frames, and also a Taurus clone J frame, the little Taurus is actually a little smoother than the Smiths.
And a shit load cheaper.
Not like you'll be sending 10 k down range with it.
Mine is a steel frame older Taurus, but they list those ultra light models of same thing, and people that got'em like them.
Ladies that sit to pee, seem to gravitate to them.😉

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
If you like guns, you don't need to justify anything to anybody.

Get it if you want it. Enjoy it.

You already know it won't do what larger calibers will do.

Accuracy?

What are we shooting at? The ten-ring on the 50-yard bullseye pistol targets? If so, then almost 100% of pistols ever sold will fail that standard.

If its just a familiarization-fire standard, then any revolver loaded with low-velocity ammo is the same as the next. Makes a "pop" sound. Makes hole in paper plate at 5 yards. Everybody is happy.

32 magnum with premium two-dollar ammo is very decent as far as bullet performance. Also ear-splitting loud. Just like any other magnum revolver.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I like the looks of this.

63270_PROFESSIONAL_Holster_2048x2048.jpg

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #

tac-40

Moderator, Armed Curmudgeon
Staff member
FALaholic #
I have worked on a bunch of Charter Arms revolvers, mostly .38SPL. The main cause of their issues came from the owner shooting +P and +P+ ammo. They are not up to the task of handling those loads. That said, they were pretty reliable revolvers overall when shooting good quality ammo it was designed for. The .30 Mag is a hot round and what to look for in that would be gas cutting of the top strap at the forcing cone. That will be the lifetime limiting factor for them.