• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Cannnnn't waaaait any loooooooonger

Slugger

FALaholic #
Due to dumbass laws from dumbass people in my state . . . . I'm just about to get my first AUG out of 10 day jail. I can't wait! Except I waited forty something years. Still I'm excited to get it in my hands and start shooting. Will be reading here for some time to get more info from you seasoned vets! Thanks ahead of time
D

Sh3008

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
You will love it. I was opposed to bullpups for some silly reason until I bought my x95. I like my Aug just as much.

Enjoy it. They are a very cool and capable platform.

Douglas S Graham

FALaholic #
The corvus mag release button is nice, all metal, feels nice to the hand. Not a necessity, but NICE. All this extra shiiiiiite surely does drive the price of ownership up!!! Try buying a factory left hand bolt one time!!!

Impala_Guy

FALaholic #
I wouldnt change anything. Trigger pull is heavy but crisp and gets better in the first few hundred pulls....at least mine did. I'm sure some nylon safe lube would improve it more. I went with the Stg77 scope eventually but when I had an ACOG 3.5X on it the charging handle was no problem. I just flipped the ACOGs mounting knobs to the RH side of the gun. That ACOG has a 7.62 bdc and got transferred to my SCAR.

20220128_125402.jpg 20220318_114130.jpg

Slugger

FALaholic #
Finally got a chance to shoot the AUG today. Just threw a 1-8 lpvo on it and had to get that Corvus deflector (youngest is a lefty). I'm somewhat impressed but my trigger pull is 11lbs. I'll need to do something about that. You guys are right about the palm up trick. Worked like a charm when I remember. I may do that folding one if they ever get back in stock.

So what is the best bang for the buck on reducing trigger pull weight. I've seen a guy on utube that had does some black magic vudu. Or there is the 20/20 sear and something called the trigger tamer?

moonbat60

FALaholic #
Finally got a chance to shoot the AUG today. Just threw a 1-8 lpvo on it and had to get that Corvus deflector (youngest is a lefty). I'm somewhat impressed but my trigger pull is 11lbs. I'll need to do something about that. You guys are right about the palm up trick. Worked like a charm when I remember. I may do that folding one if they ever get back in stock.

So what is the best bang for the buck on reducing trigger pull weight. I've seen a guy on utube that had does some black magic vudu. Or there is the 20/20 sear and something called the trigger tamer?
I would shoot it for a while and see if you can get used to it or if it
lightens up some by breaking it in.

The AUG is not a sniper rifle or a competition rifle.

I agree that 11lbs is a tad heavy though.

SWOHFAL

FALaholic #

20/20 is the only one I'd trust for safety. Do not combine with any other device. Use teflon dry lube.

Slugger

FALaholic #
Thanks for the advice, after looking at them all the 20/20 sear is the way I was leaning. I bought it used so it's already had approx 500rnds down the pipe.