• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Can someone tell me if this is Aussie or brit furniture

Pappy3122

FALaholic #
Sorry new to the wood thing. Trying to find a nice set for a bsa 60 l1a1. Had an English company contact me about this set but I don't know enough about it to know what I am looking at lol
339db_139.jpg

Any info would help. I don't want to get the wrong thing.

Tattered

Registered FAL offender
Contributor
FALaholic #
Aussie. The Brits did have a laminate handguard, but they're very rare and its highly unlikely those would be Brit.

msnyder

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Stock is definitely Aussie due to the thicker wrist as others have said. Brit handguards will have smooth foil inside. Look under trigger plate for Aussie and Brit manufacturer and date markings and underside of stock wrist for Aussie and Brit manufacturer, size and date markings.

Roadmarker

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Would you prefer the one with the rivets with center holes or the flush rivets? Wow, I just read the post above and wasn't aware that one was Aussie and the other Brit.

def90

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
The Peoples' Republic of Boulder, Colorado
Would you prefer the one with the rivets with center holes or the flush rivets? Wow, I just read the post above and wasn't aware that one was Aussie and the other Brit.
Aussies had flat rivets as well for the first year of production and then switched to the rivets with holes but the Brits never had the rivets with the holes.