• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Building Documentation *COMPLETE*

Rebel X

FALaholic #
SIMPLY INCREDIBLE!

Bandit, my hats off to you Sir. That is one fine web page you have there, your drive, enthusiasm and audacious attitude in your FAL building project has inspired me to purshase a STG-58 kit from DSA.

I see you spent ALOT on tools for you FAL project . . I don't know if I can swing spending that much or not. BUT one way or the other, with the help of a few friends, lots of hair pulling, Corona Beer, bruised forehead and all, and I'll graduate a WECSOG man !

Anyway . The kit is one the way!!

Now, let me see about a reciever ???

Bandit

FALaholic #
Thanks for the kind words. I really enjoyed doing the website and really appreciate all the kind words I've received during and after the build. It makes it all worth it knowing that others have been inspired by it enough to tackle a build of their own.

I did spend alot on tools, but I went in knowing that I probly wouldn't be building just one. I figured the costs would eventually pay for themselves in the long run and I could always sell them to recoupe some of the costs in a pinch. You can easily build one of these rifles with alot less than what I started with tool wise if ya spend the extra time to fabricate them from scratch. I've always been a stuborn old fart and a "gadget freak," so buying the tools rather than asking for help from those who already owned them and offered to help seemed the way to go for me.

Keep us posted on how your build goes and don't hesitate to ask questions. Heavens knows I asked my fair share of them during my first build.

Take Care,

Rick

Rich

FALaholic #
Fal Build

Bandit,
Thank you for the time and effort put into your build AND for sharing the adventure with us. I was inspired enough to put up the hard earned dollars to buy a kit and get started on my own project FAL. I just removed my receiver stub as instructed on your site and the method worked like a charm. I've completed 3 Ak's and I will be using your site as a guide on my new build. A tip of the cap to you Sir!:bow:

MalcS

FALaholic #
Your welcome! I re-tried the second one and it's not working now either???
The link was malformed in the last couple of posts. The problem appears to be that the board software cuts down a long link by inserting some '...' into the displayed text, but leaves the actual link alone, which works. Problem is when someone cuts and pastes the displayed text and uses that as the link, then the link does not work because part of it is missing. The link posted by Belus (above) works, but the subsequent copies do not. If you 'hover' the mouse cursor over the link, your browser may show you the link target - if it has '...' in it, its not going to work.

This one works:

Link to archive version of Bandit's page

Bandit

FALaholic #
WOW Thread is still here.. and glad to see someone preserved the content of my old WECSOG website.... been ages since I've been here.. was going through my hoarded FAL stuff looking for other stuff.. and thought I'd pop in and say I'm still among the living :biggrin:

Bandit

FALaholic #
Probly what I'll do instead of reviving old build links.. is document Izzy build.. keep/preserve what is linked @ first post (updated) to archived info...