• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Bsskng001 - liar/cheater - the completed saga (details inside)

peter-paul

FALaholic #
The multiple I.P. addresses is probably not evidence of intent to defraud.

Now that so many of us are posting from phones, I think there is a lot more of the "dynamic I.P." thing (i.e. constantly changing), and which is completely beyond the user's control as to which I.P. is utilized.

Now, where there is a VPN used, there *might* be more cause for concern.
I played around with a VPN when they first became popular. Granted, my experimentation involved using overseas I.P. addresses. This caused a lot of fuckery in my connections. I never messed around much with using North American I.P. addresses with the VPN.

I don't stalk EVERYBODY on this site, but I do see that some of you are using VPN technology. I also note that you are usually using North American I.P. addresses.
I use a tool called Netblox on Linux. It shows IP address blocks as owned by corporations and assigned by IANA. Therefore you can see if someone is using a VPN, mobile network from a specific carrier, etc.

I work in Cyber Security.

adam6955

FALaholic #
I use a tool called Netblox on Linux. It shows IP address blocks as owned by corporations and assigned by IANA. Therefore you can see if someone is using a VPN, mobile network from a specific carrier, etc.

I work in Cyber Security.
What’s wrong with using a VPN? More specifically, why is it interpreted as a sign of some type of guilt?

The reasons to use a VPN far outweighs the reasons not to.

peter-paul

FALaholic #
Well you are the one who is discussing ways to track VPN use while dropping the "I work in cyber security" line.

Paints a pretty clear picture.
Oh, I remember you! You’re the guy with 3rd grade reading comprehension skills!

I’ll help you, though. VPNs are neither bad nor good, despite your assumption about things other people haven’t said.

Knowing the owner of the net block can tell you if the user is using endpoints belonging to a single VPN provider, and whether that provider is headquartered overseas, like in Hong Kong.

Most US users use VPNs that are from the US.

I fully expect you not to understand any of this, and to make some statement about something I didn’t say, as if it were written down here.

adam6955

FALaholic #

I’ll help you, though. VPNs are neither bad nor good, despite your assumption about things other people haven’t said.

Knowing the owner of the net block can tell you if the user is using endpoints belonging to a single VPN provider, and whether that provider is headquartered overseas, like in Hong Kong.

I fully expect you not to understand any of this, and to make some statement about something I didn’t say, as if it were written down here.
After all of that you still fail to understand context of your post or of the thread we are in.

Since you are a self proclaimed genius, I can bring it down to the “third grade level” for you since you are apparently too busy being smart to understand a basic concept such as context.

Reading comprehension indeed 🤡

peter-paul

FALaholic #
After all of that you still fail to understand context of your post or of the thread we are in.

Since you are a self proclaimed genius, I can bring it down to the “third grade level” for you since you are apparently too busy being smart to understand a basic concept such as context.

Reading comprehension indeed 🤡
Genius indeed! One must really be a true genius, like you, to tell OTHER PEOPLE what THEY meant in terms of the context of THEIR OWN post!

I am sure so many other people are desperate to hear you, the true oracle, inform them of what they actually mean when they write their forum posts.

2barearms

Contributor
FALaholic #

[/QUOTE

I have been using Protons email and VPNs for some time now. It's not important for you to know where I am. My privacy is the only thing that matters to me. You won't find any pictures of me either unless you know specifically where to look or you are an LE with access to a database of that stuff.

Before the Biden Plandemic arrived many would have been deemed as having something to hide if you used a VPN and had a large Bitcoin wallet.....ijs

peter-paul

FALaholic #
I don’t have anything against VPNs, they’re useful for privacy. My point for the Ass Hat was that I never said they were “bad”.

My point regarding analysis of VPN endpoints and net blocks is that it is useful to spot overseas scammers.

adam6955

FALaholic #
Genius indeed! One must really be a true genius, like you, to tell OTHER PEOPLE what THEY meant in terms of the context of THEIR OWN post!

I am sure so many other people are desperate to hear you, the true oracle, inform them of what they actually mean when they write their forum posts.
I mean you are the one here raging away and calling people you don’t know names.

None of this “information” was asked for nor is it relevant to the conversation. Yet you continue forcing the issue while refusing to answer the most basic of questions: Why do you imply that anyone using a VPN has ill or criminal intent?

I recommend you step away from the keyboard and talk to someone about this irrational need to be heard and put on a pedestal, and the even less rational habit of making personal attacks against anyone who questions or disagrees with you.

Now I am done here as I would prefer to clutter this thread further while Artigas has yet to receive his money back.

peter-paul

FALaholic #
I mean you are the one here raging away and calling people you don’t know names.

None of this “information” was asked for nor is it relevant to the conversation. Yet you continue forcing the issue while refusing to answer the most basic of questions: Why do you imply that anyone using a VPN has ill or criminal intent?

I recommend you step away from the keyboard and talk to someone about this irrational need to be heard and put on a pedestal.
You’re like my ex wife.

Me: “I have to be to work by 9 AM.”

Her: “ So you’re saying you don’t want to spend the morning with me. Paints a pretty clear picture.”

This is you in a nutshell.

Answer my original question: Who wrote “VPNs are bad?” Wait, I’ll answer it for you. Nobody did. But go ahead an create your fantasies. My ex wife was good at that, you are too.

You are the guy who says things, attributes them to other people, then argues against them.

You did it in the other thread. You’re doing it here. Hence the lack of reading comprehension.

As for information being “asked for”, I am sure the members here will need to run it by you first to see if they can post something on the internet.

And then you can tell them whether or not what they said is in context. So far, in terms of investigating scammers - and scammers are the original intent of this thread - I’ve offered some advice. What value have you offered? Nothing. Per the usual.

You sound like a lib.

Look at all of your likes and upvotes in this thread. There are none. Look at mine, there are plenty.

I don’t take advice from asshats, and I definitely don’t “step away from the keyboard” based on their suggestions.

You’re an asshat because you think and act like Kathy Newman. A truly unlikable person. This is you doing an interview.

Marantz

FALaholic #
Please post his full name, city/state, phone number and email address.

DO NOT post his numeric street address.

I show the account registered under this email address: bluebot120@gmail.com

The language of his communications is very consistent with others similar I've seen where deals went tits-up.

Wierd that he refunded some money.
If he were straight-up scammer, I would have expected he'd just take it all and disappear.

He was using multiple I.P. addresses - mostly in the SEATTLE area.

View attachment 372016
I got curious about the volume of different IPs and looked into it a little; they're all in the same subnets belonging to T-Mobile. I would guess that he's either posting from a cell phone, or more likely, he has a T-Mobile 5G gateway at home, and the DHCP lease lengths for the gateway are just short. I should ask my friend with a T-Mobile gateway if his does the same. :unsure: Glad to see the funds are making their way back at least; if this thread hadn't started he'd have never paid it back. I've encountered eBay sellers who try to just ride out the refund periods by delaying shipping due to "too busy at work"

(W.E.G. pls don't post my job's static IP :ROFLMAO: I have enough traffic to wrangle there)