• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Bsskng001 - liar/cheater - the completed saga (details inside)

Artigas

FALaholic #
Took my money ($875 sent Aug 1) then failed to ship my product in a timely manner. I asked for a refund (Aug 21). He provided a partial refund ($250) and promised to send the rest ($625) but never did. Now incommunicado. It is now Jan 2. I have been more than patient.

Rudolf

FALaholic #
Did you report this to the admins?

Is there a reason why he hasn't sent the refund?

What do you mean failed to ship in a timely manner? Are you saying you never got it or you got it and you weren't happy with it as it wasn't as described?

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
Please post his full name, city/state, phone number and email address.

DO NOT post his numeric street address.

I show the account registered under this email address: bluebot120@gmail.com

The language of his communications is very consistent with others similar I've seen where deals went tits-up.

Wierd that he refunded some money.
If he were straight-up scammer, I would have expected he'd just take it all and disappear.

He was using multiple I.P. addresses - mostly in the SEATTLE area.

Untitled.jpg

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
The multiple I.P. addresses is probably not evidence of intent to defraud.

Now that so many of us are posting from phones, I think there is a lot more of the "dynamic I.P." thing (i.e. constantly changing), and which is completely beyond the user's control as to which I.P. is utilized.

Now, where there is a VPN used, there *might* be more cause for concern.
I played around with a VPN when they first became popular. Granted, my experimentation involved using overseas I.P. addresses. This caused a lot of fuckery in my connections. I never messed around much with using North American I.P. addresses with the VPN.

I don't stalk EVERYBODY on this site, but I do see that some of you are using VPN technology. I also note that you are usually using North American I.P. addresses.

Artigas

FALaholic #
Is there a reason why he hasn't sent the refund?
Short on cash. Later told me he got a new job and would be sending more money soon, but failed to do that too, or provide any updates. Last login was Nov 27:

IMG_2474.jpeg

Considering his claim to be short on cash, I also offered to repay him the $250 and complete the purchase, but he told me he didn’t want to sell the P-38 anymore. Must not have been hurting for money that bad. He kept his gun and he kept my money while I was left holding the bag for his “indecision”.

What do you mean failed to ship in a timely manner? Are you saying you never got it or you got it and you weren't happy with it as it wasn't as described?
He kept telling me he was too busy with work to ship the item I purchased. After three weeks of that I asked for a refund. As far as I know he still has it in his possession. I never received it.

Please post his full name, city/state, phone number and email address.
I only have the name associated with the Venmo account, which is Jacob Lynde, and the email address you posted.

Wierd that he refunded some money.
If he were straight-up scammer, I would have expected he'd just take it all and disappear.
That is exactly why I let this go on so long. I figured he would get me my money eventually. I even promised not to leave him negative feedback as long as I got my money back in a timely fashion. But it’s been five months.

OMCHamlin

FALaholic #
Considering his claim to be short on cash, I also offered to repay him the $250 and complete the purchase, but he told me he didn’t want to sell the P-38 anymore. Must not have been hurting for money that bad. He kept his gun and he kept my money while I was left holding the bag for his “indecision”.

He kept telling me he was too busy with work to ship the item I purchased. After three weeks of that I asked for a refund. As far as I know he still has it in his possession. I never received it.

That is exactly why I let this go on so long. I figured he would get me my money eventually. I even promised not to leave him negative feedback as long as I got my money back in a timely fashion. But it’s been five months.
Him, and other scammers reading this, JUST had an "ah-HA" moment...
Artigas, I am sorry you got scammed. A kind, understanding and forgiving heart is definitely your WORST ENEMY as pertains to the world of "internet forum classifieds"... If, in the back of your mind, you approach every possible transaction as a possible scam/theft, you'll be in better shape in the future. But he's a "Fellow Forum Member"? Yeah, fuck that... Presence, Participation, Longevity and Feedback!

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
You were more than patient it seems to me. He has a couple of positive FBs, one from @Leatherlids who is well known here and was an apparently FTF deal. He may have more contact info to reach out to the guy and try to get your shekels.

Rudolf

FALaholic #
Short on cash. Later told me he got a new job and would be sending more money soon, but failed to do that too, or provide any updates. Last login was Nov 27:

View attachment 372027

I only have the name associated with the Venmo account, which is Jacob Lynde, and the email address you posted.

Jesus Christ, King of the Jews, that is way too long man and venmo. This is horrible.

there are other WA members here and maybe they can help or if it can be reported to local law enforcement.

Leatherlids

Contributor
FALaholic #
You were more than patient it seems to me. He has a couple of positive FBs, one from @Leatherlids who is well known here and was an apparently FTF deal. He may have more contact info to reach out to the guy and try to get your shekels.
I do have his contact info, let me ping him and see where it goes.

V guy

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Shipping a pistol via the normal shippers, cannot be done legally today, by an individual, only an FFL...........as he found out.

It may be just a shipping problem........................maybe you should suggest he take it to an FFL and ship it to your FFL.....................novel suggestion, but there it is.

Artigas

FALaholic #
Shipping a pistol via the normal shippers, cannot be done legally today, by an individual, only an FFL...........as he found out.

It may be just a shipping problem........................maybe you should suggest he take it to an FFL and ship it to your FFL.....................novel suggestion, but there it is.
He told me early on he would be shipping it via FFL. Even told me which FFL he intended to use. He just said he couldn’t find the time to take the pistol to the FFL in the first place.

I am in touch with Bsskng001 now through the intervention of Leatherlids. I’ll update this thread with any news.

auggiedoggie

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #

There's an ffl in downtown Stanwood that ships at no charge. All he would have to cover is the actual shipping charge.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
He told me early on he would be shipping it via FFL. Even told me which FFL he intended to use. He just said he couldn’t find the time to take the pistol to the FFL in the first place.
Did he mention any bridges he had for sale?

But he had time to take your money. Even had time to return some of it.

For fucksake.

V guy

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Shit.

There is no 4473 that this was over the sale of a pistol, and ATF will not get involved.
UNLESS it is now...... a STOLEN pistol??? Since it WAS paid for............a cop might get involved. A slow delivery might be made faster.......... by a call?
Maybe there was no pistol............now it is fraud.........??

I have to comment that his photo is pretty insulting.

Artigas

FALaholic #
Did he mention any bridges he had for sale?

But he had time to take your money. Even had time to return some of it.

For fucksake.
I later got the impression he took my money (less than he wanted for his piece) then had seller’s remorse and started to delay. He seems to have only listed it because he needed to liquidate, not because he wanted to part with it.

But by the point he got cold feet, he had already accepted and spent my money on whatever debt he owed and couldn’t refund me. I think in his mind it wasn’t “wrong” as long as he paid me back “eventually” for what ended up being (at best) an interest-free loan on my part.

I don’t think it started out as a scam—he’s dealt with other members here fairly—but it sure ended up that way.

Or maybe he sold the gun locally and got a higher price. Or maybe it was all part of his master plan and he intended to scam me personally the whole time. At this point it makes little difference.

No resolution yet. Will update if he comes through. I am not hopeful.

Abominog

FALaholic #
I later got the impression he took my money (less than he wanted for his piece) then had seller’s remorse and started to delay. He seems to have only listed it because he needed to liquidate, not because he wanted to part with it.

But by the point he got cold feet, he had already accepted and spent my money on whatever debt he owed and couldn’t refund me. I think in his mind it wasn’t “wrong” as long as he paid me back “eventually” for what ended up being (at best) an interest-free loan on my part.

I don’t think it started out as a scam—he’s dealt with other members here fairly—but it sure ended up that way.

Or maybe he sold the gun locally and got a higher price. Or maybe it was all part of his master plan and he intended to scam me personally the whole time. At this point it makes little difference.

No resolution yet. Will update if he comes through. I am not hopeful.

Still a shitbag. If I commit to sell, I sell. That's a legal position as well as ethical. Failing the legal requirement makes one a criminal; failing the ethical position makes one a shitbag.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
We’ve seen that play out just like that more than once.

Did everyone eventually get all their money and/or parts back from G in Oregon? Before or after the law got involved?

We know M in North Carolina never got clean.

Isn’t there some turd who STILL has someone’s SAR-4800 .223 magazine well insert?

There have been others.

IMG_1453.jpeg

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #

1704384393840.jpeg

nvcdl

FALaholic #
Some people are weird and self centered. I once bought a blued CZ-75B from a guy who I guess was selling it due to $$$ problems. I drive 30 miles to meet him and he then tells me he wanted me to let him buy it back when he had the funds( never met the guy before). I told him that was not going to happen - he ended up selling it anyway

OMCHamlin

FALaholic #
If it was me, I would call the Stanwood, Washington police today and provide them with the info in a firearm theft. I think it would hurry this $hitbag to pay you or better yet to send you YOUR firearm.
Or at least make up a better story about how he really didn't mean to "accidentally trip while walking around naked with a raging hard-on, and somehow unintentionally fall on you while you were lounging around naked." And that's how he mistakenly fucked you...
(or in other words, stop trying to justify his theft from you.)