• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

BDU belt??

idsubgun

Keep Calm and Return Fire
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I wear BDU's most of the time, and use the old metal buckle style that relies on the friction of the little roller inside to stay tight. I find they don't stay tight when you get much weight in your pockets, or if you have a sidearm/mags. So, I've been looking at tactical style belts and rigger belts. I'd like to hear what others are using, and how well they stay tight with weight on the belt.

Thanks.

lew

FALaholic #
I wear a Blade Tech/Next Belt belt with an AZ flag buckle as my everyday. It doesn't move unless I hit the latch.

If I'm going to be wearing a MOLLE belt over it, I'll use either a modern BDU/ACU belt or a Wilderness 5 Stitch.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
The tip (just the tip!) of my 5.11 belt was showing some fuzzing/separation/softening.

Put a few drops of super glue on (just the tip!) and it was neat and stiff as a PFC on liberty!

lew

FALaholic #
The tip (just the tip!) of my 5.11 belt was showing some fuzzing/separation/softening.

Put a few drops of super glue on (just the tip!) and it was neat and stiff as a PFC on liberty!
We don't want to hear about your stiff tip. Although, given your age, I think an "attaboy" is in order.

idsubgun

Keep Calm and Return Fire
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
FAL Files member Old Sarge was generous enough to send me two belts, and I must thank him publicly.

You can't beat the membership of this gun forum, they are the best!
Thanks again Bill

Last edited:

ratas calientes

FALaholic #
Looks like you also have the same fashion sense . . . or lack there of . . . that I have. I also wear BDU most of the time. For more formal occasions, I wear tan BDUs with a button-down shirt.

My belt is like the TDU belt, but the buckle is metal. I understand that there are also models with plastic buckles ... easier for dealing with airport security and similar with metal detectors.

Slaughter

Silver Contributor
Contributor
FALaholic #
Been wearing this belt for years. Perfect for getting tension just right for all the various layers I wear (or don't wear).

Same belt here. Use it daily and as a pistol belt (full 1911 and 2 mag holster)

Only problem is like everything else, it's made in China.

Slaughter

Silver Contributor
Contributor
FALaholic #