• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

AUGs in the domestic market!

SWOHFAL

FALaholic #
I see Atlantic has Black NATO AUGs on sale (and even in stock!) And one or two others, green, mud…
Some of those made during the scamdemic are cracking right around the crossbolt safety - color not a factor. If I got one, I'd pop it apart and take a round needle file to the corners of the slot if not relieved at the factory.

Kalahnikid

FALaholic #

AllOuttaBubblegum

FALaholic #
Some of those made during the scamdemic are cracking right around the crossbolt safety - color not a factor. If I got one, I'd pop it apart and take a round needle file to the corners of the slot if not relieved at the factory.
Does this apply to the standard stock? I’m not sure when mine was made. Also thanks for calling that thing by its proper name 👍

AllOuttaBubblegum

FALaholic #
Same month and year of my original stock that cracked.

Just keep an eye on it and if and when it does, call Steyr and initiate the return...
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll probably inspect the inside and see if there’s any irregularities or high spots/flashing near the safety. It has near the same rounds yours did. Makes one a little nervous since AUGs are supposed to be indestructible but just gonna keep shooting it anyway. I’ve had dealings with Steyr before, they have good customer service at least.

Impala_Guy

FALaholic #
Seen this with glass filled nylon before. Improper melt or mold temperature and you get a weld line from two semi molten wave fronts of plastic in the wrong section of geometry like a thin area or sharp inside corner and *bink!* your part is toast under load.

Andy the Aussie

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
since AUGs are supposed to be indestructible but just gonna keep shooting it anyway.
……interesting, I have some small amount of experience around AUGs (dating from the late 80s onward) and my fellow ex-Aussie 1feral1 MUCH more. While robust “indestructible” is just a little bit of an overstatement. These types failures are not something I am familiar with however.