• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Argentine .308 any good?

Hermanthegerman

FALaholic #

lew

FALaholic #
I remember getting some of the Argentine ammo from Dan's (?) fifteen-sixteen years ago. I believe the headstamp was the same, and mine was all 1981 production. Looked like hell on the outside with corrosion. After pulling five apart to make sure the powder and primers were fine, it all shot well through my FALs. About 3 MOA, if I remember right. No functioning issues.

Hebrew Battle Rifle

Horses Ass
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
My experience: All of the 2000+ rds fired first strike and fed reliably. Purple primer sealant is typical surplus 3 MOA accuracy. Green primer sealant produces exceptional accuracy through my Argentine F A L with a chrome lined, bipod cut barrel and open ear gas block.

ammolab

FALaholic #
They say “boxer primers”…I think,..NO, Berdan. All I ever had was Berdan

They say it “may be tarnished”…but 4 pictures of the crate/box and NONE of the ammo…so I think TARNISHED!

Glucker

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I've fired both Argentine military and commercially packaged softpoint .308 ammo, never had any problems with either. If ammo prices keep dropping and the economy keeps tanking this ammo may come down in price to a more tempting level.
Although, I don't know if its his pictures or what but those rounds look wet to me.. maybe he tried to clean them up of whatever tarnish was on them. Either way for maybe $650 delivered I might try a case.

ammolab

FALaholic #
I'keep dropping and the economy keeps tanking this ammo may come down in price to a more tempting level.
Although, I don't know if its his pictures or what but those rounds look wet to me.. maybe he tried to clean them up of whatever tarnish was on them. Either way for maybe $650 delivered I might try a case.
Yes, now pictures of the ammo added…and I bet the best of the lot pictured

GS455

FALaholic #
Whether they were stored poorly.

I had a bunch of the Portuguese that got caught up in a hurricane or something from Samco. It was fine.
Yeah, I remember that stuff. Ugly and scary looking as and as sin. Almost looked like a like Dalmatian pattern on all the rounds. Somebody tumbled them put them in cardboard boxes, 500rds +/-, and sold them for I think 38 cents around. Great deal, as ever, wish I bought more