• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Anybody here play chess?

Jimbo Jones

FALaholic #
I like chess pie. Does that count?

Actually used to play a lot...want to play some more wife got a nice board and set so we can keep our wits somewhat sharp in our later years.

Do you have a wallet with your chess name on it?

Cava3r4

FALaholic #
last time I played some serious chess was when I was in the army hospital in 1968. We had 4 patients, all of us in some form of "traction" and confined to our beds. This one doctor comes in and plays all 4 of us at the same time, round robin. I got him on the first time. 2nd time he gave himself a 1/2 minute more at my bedside and he made me SUFFER. Clipped my wings one at a time. Guy was a genius. FUN guy too.

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
For the record, Boonville IN is just a few miles from where I grew up and lived most of my life.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Black Blade

FALaholic #
I pretty much stopped playing USCF tournaments about 40 years ago. Used to play through HS and college on the east coast. I see that my rating is still listed however.

BiGB808

FALaholic #
I play, but barely. My pre teen son will now beat me about majority of time. Complain when I take too long.

Im mostly a backgammon player..need the roll of dice to throw me some bonuses once in awhile: )

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
I’ll brush up on my cheese skills when I’m pulling a dime on the geriatric unit after they take me down during the Boogaloo.

Guy I know got thrown in there. But they pulled his cheese privileges after he got caught hoarding pencils.

Nothing good ever ends well.

Story

FALaholic #
I’ll brush up on my cheese skills when I’m pulling a dime on the geriatric unit after they take me down during the Boogaloo.

Guy I know got thrown in there. But they pulled his cheese privileges after he got caught hoarding pencils.

Nothing good ever ends well.
W.E.G.s posts are starting to remind me of something...

Archilochus

FALaholic #
I don't like playing timed.
Yeah - I dislike the timed games too. I don't mind spending days playing out a single game. I remember way back my oldest brother used to play games via mail (the stamp & envelope kind) with people from around the world. He also collected stamps, so covered two hobbies at the same time.

STG_58_guy

I'm not this cute IRL
Platinum Contributor
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Yeah - I dislike the timed games too. I don't mind spending days playing out a single game. I remember way back my oldest brother used to play games via mail (the stamp & envelope kind) with people from around the world. He also collected stamps, so covered two hobbies at the same time.
Playing correspondance style, when I played a lot I used to dream out games. I played on Yahoo chess for a long time.