• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Any tips on removing the front site post from a gas block?

Mythguard

FALaholic #
I'm working an Israeli fal kit build. And the barrel I got had already had a gasblock installed but no front site post. I am aware that there is a proprietary tool for removing it but I just want to see if there is any other reliable way to remove it.

Invictus77

1C16:13
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
The Izzy front post base is square. About 1/4" and maybe is 1/4"?

I've not tried but if there is room between the ears you can probably get it with a small wrench like in a set of ignition wrenches.

EricMuncie

FALaholic #
I am doing 2 myself right now. The first sight post came right out with needle nose pliers. The second older one i had to order the tool and put in vise to break it free. Luckily it finally broke free. I soaked it in lube a day prior also to help. I'd just get the tool for the low cost that it is before rounding off edges.

Mythguard

FALaholic #
I am doing 2 myself right now. The first sight post came right out with needle nose pliers. The second older one i had to order the tool and put in vise to break it free. Luckily it finally broke free. I soaked it in lube a day prior also to help. I'd just get the tool for the low cost that it is before rounding off edges.
Yeah I think that's gonna be what I'll do i just got one of the tools for like $5.00 so that'll probably work.

Thanks for the help!