• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Another Day at the office

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I forgot to mention, #2 truck stuck a starter solenoid and had a wiring fire, I have 2 trailers that need welding work, it goes on and on. I'm burning out. Been given 2 "helpers" in the last 3 months that were useless, no tools and constant babysitting for the smallest task. Might be time for a change.

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Life was better today. My "Next Day Air" Injector showed up on the third day, Installed the injector, went ahead and reset all the valves and injectors, compression brakes and the variable intake valve actuators. Loaded the new trim code for the new injector, and went for a 40 mile cruise to see how it all shook out. I kinda still enjoy driving the big guys around. The rest of the shit can wait until Monday.
20220805_070634.jpg

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
View attachment 221186

Curious, what is this circled (poorly) in red?

TIA
That's the pressure oil feed to the intake valve actuators, those are controlled by a solenoid for each cylinder. Cat's idea was to hold the intake valves open longer than the camshaft lobe duration in certain conditions to lower NOX emissions, it also raises cylinder pressures astronomically leading to blown head gaskets. I rebuilt this one from the ground up in 2020 and went to 16:1 pistons vs the original 18:1 pistons they were built with, solved a bunch of problems we had with that engine. I just noticed today that it has nearly 175,000 trouble free miles since that rebuild. The injector was just "shit happens" (burned out solenoid coil)

NFADLR

FALaholic #
Location thats the question▽ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¿?
In your spare time come over and adjust my valves ehhh...

Or just swap out the cam for me.

Want a hydraulic roller in it, need to find a good truck grind.

If memory serves it's a blower grind but has a quick change cam cover.

Have been wanting to yank this motor for the last 5 years as several times thought wildfires would take the property.

20220805_170058.jpg

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #

Have been wanting to yank this motor for the last 5 years as several times thought wildfires would take the property.

View attachment 221191
Sorry... I don't do stuff with spark plugs. Fuggen weed eaters piss me off. :devilish:

alphadog58

FALaholic #

View attachment 221191
Drag boat with a v drive?
Larry

NFADLR

FALaholic #
Location thats the question▽ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¿?
Yes but it wont run in a camp ground, because its past tents / tence.

Was in a drag boat with a V drive it's being plugged into my M1031 next, after swapping out the square port heads for oval port heads and a cam swap.

Drag boat with a v drive?
Larry

Last edited:

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #

View attachment 221191
If that was built as a blower engine, what does it have for piston compression ratio?

gearlogo

FALaholic #
Not to hijack but our sea scout boat had 2 8v92tti engines. It was a fun boat. It came to life with those engines and got on plane .The 871s It had prior would not get the bow down. It just kind of chugged forward with the bow up...