• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Another Day at the office

richbug

FALaholic #
It was factory ac, the make kits that mount on roof. Have evap and condenser and electric fans all in on box. Just have to mount compressor and run lines.

Thanks, I'll check them out. This is for machines that had air, but hasn't worked in 10 years or more, missing components etc. Roof mount units would get ripped off by tree branches

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Building a new catwalk platform for pump station. The irrigator guy likes easy access to things without hanging onto stuff by his toenails. Can't really blame him.
Had an oopsie, thing is 3/8 of an inch out of square in 20 feet. Then I found out the expanded mesh is too. Perfect.
20230518_133950.jpg 20230518_133934.jpg

L Haney

Seriously Ponderin'
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Rainy morning today so I broke this 4" Mooney regulator out from between the spool pieces it was bolted up to. It was pulled out of service over in Alabama. Figured I needed some cardio so I used hand tools on the nutz. Lotta' paint on those studs. There was no hurry and the rain sounded nice on the roof of the welding shop. Buffed off the smutz on the flanges and hit those with some primer. I'll rebuild the regulator and pilot with new soft goods before we put it in next week.

Mooney.jpg

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Loooks like an on the job injury to me

Some of them peoples are smart enuf to do it right in front of the cameras

nice settlement and a hate crime racial lawsuit cause da oil was black

calling Al Sharpton....come in....over
We have two 15 gallon drainers with pumps on wheels, one for oil and one for coolant. Keeps the stupid from happening . But we do find stronger stupid once in a while.

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Rainy morning today so I broke this 4" Mooney regulator out from between the spool pieces it was bolted up to. It was pulled out of service over in Alabama. Figured I needed some cardio so I used hand tools on the nutz. Lotta' paint on those studs. There was no hurry and the rain sounded nice on the roof of the welding shop. Buffed off the smutz on the flanges and hit those with some primer. I'll rebuild the regulator and pilot with new soft goods before we put it in next week.

View attachment 301286
We use vales that look just like that to regulate water pressure at the pivots, some 4" some 6". IIRC our lower pressure valves use a slightly different bolt pattern.
And I see an old B&D Wildcat war club grinder/sander, I have 2 that are still in service after 25+ years, heavy as hell but get'r done.

L Haney

Seriously Ponderin'
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
We use vales that look just like that to regulate water pressure at the pivots, some 4" some 6". IIRC our lower pressure valves use a slightly different bolt pattern.
And I see an old B&D Wildcat war club grinder/sander, I have 2 that are still in service after 25+ years, heavy as hell but get'r done.
That's a 600 series control valve so it's good for 1440 PSI on the inlet. My area only goes to 1200 on our pipes.

I have two of those B&D's. Leave one with a twisted wire brush and the other with a coarse rock. I have to have my mind right (and my feet planted) before I squeeze that go button.

alphadog58

FALaholic #
That's a 600 series control valve so it's good for 1440 PSI on the inlet. My area only goes to 1200 on our pipes.

I have two of those B&D's. Leave one with a twisted wire brush and the other with a coarse rock. I have to have my mind right (and my feet planted) before I squeeze that go button.
B+D Wildcat. 15 amp motor. I've used a 9" grinding wheel on mine. Hang the fuck on!
Larry

C-ya

One day at a time...
Contributor
FALaholic #
Just had the plastic intake manifold on Mrs alphadogs Audi replaced. Some flapper thingy wasn't working it was cheaper to r+r it.
Larry
Those are getting coded out on my Touareg as well. Too many issues with those for the "benefit" so c-ya later. When I get a 'round tuit, I'll delete them as well.

tac-40

Moderator, Armed Curmudgeon
Staff member
FALaholic #
Had to replace the one on my wife's Kia. System has something to do with fuel economy and the way the air is ported through the intake. From what I found out, it wasn't the flapper but the vacuum drive motor that goes bad. Unfortunately, even though it is capable of being removed and replaced without taking the top of the engine apart, it only comes as part of the intake manifold.

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Today was a load of fun, one of the hay squeeze heads has a bunch of cracked welds. Hours of grinding then welding.
20230530_134137.jpg 20230530_134159.jpg
Also found out that a Milwaukee cordless grinder can stop a 250 hp rotary swather. Nobody knows where it came from. I'm sure our "Amigo squad" dropped it doing a circle drive shaft.
20230530_124057.jpg

tdb59

Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Also found out that a Milwaukee cordless grinder can stop a 250 hp rotary swather. Nobody knows where it came from. I'm sure our "Amigo squad" dropped it doing a circle drive shaft.
View attachment 303259
Ahh ! The smaller Mexican Speed Wrench ! No bottles or hoses needed !