• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Another Day at the office

NFADLR

FALaholic #
Location thats the question▽ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¿?
Are the brakes all air in that vintage a trailer or air / hydraulic system ?

Grandfather worked for IML as a driver and they had old equipment as in reverse fifthwheel with the king pin that came up from the fifthwheel and disappearing landing gear.

But not really familiar with the brake systems in the old truck trailer setups.

Getting this one ready for a sandblast and paint appointment, have to do some DOT upgrades to the brake system and clean up the hose mess on the dolly. 1975 Vintage.
View attachment 282275

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Are the brakes all air in that vintage a trailer or air / hydraulic system ?

Grandfather worked for IML as a driver and they had old equipment as in reverse fifthwheel with the king pin that came up from the fifthwheel and disappearing landing gear.

But not really familiar with the brake systems in the old truck trailer setups.
Yep full air, I had to add spring brakes to the tandem axles. And clean up the hose mess on the dolly.

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Stupid question what is this (expensive?) Pump setup going to accomplish?

Didnt notice if you already mentioned it.
The two new pumps (big blue ones without motors in the pic are replacing four smaller unmatched junk pumps that were having trouble supplying the flow and pressure needed to feed the system. It's also replacing 3 troublesome wells upstream. The 20 inch pipe is to feed a new development starting in October, not sure how many acres that is yet. There will be 2 more pumps installed on the manifold header at that time. All on VFDs so it's pretty efficient compared to the old stuff.

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Finally today after getting ahead of all the other truck and irrigation projects, I got to drag project Detroit/Kenworth out of the tractor shed and make some headway on making it run again. Got valves, injectors, jakes and governor linkage set, maybe tommorow I can take it for a cruise.
20230330_133743.jpg
20230330_140959.jpg