• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Another Day at the office

L Haney

Seriously Ponderin'
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
No, just various spools to connect the pumps to the manifold. The big white spool in the upper pic is a flowmeter.
I tickles me a bit that with what I do every day, I could step right there with you and do that too. Water and methane gas are both fluids and there are only so many ways they suffer to be handled.

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I tickles me a bit that with what I do every day, I could step right there with you and do that too. Water and methane gas are both fluids and there are only so many ways they suffer to be handled.
Much like electricity and hydraulics. The symbols on the schematics are different, but the essence of how they work are very parallel.

L Haney

Seriously Ponderin'
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Much like electricity and hydraulics. The symbols on the schematics are different, but the essence of how they work are very parallel.
What the fuck happened to the people draw pneumatic schematics? Have you seen that shit? They should have been bitch slapped. They got all these non-referenced arrows look like the non-binary sexual deviants scribbling their bullshit.

L Haney

Seriously Ponderin'
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Don't judge me brother, I am what I am, on my own terms and conditions.

My "non-referenced arrows" are because I am as shitty at archery as I am at shooting boolitz.
I have wrapped you in my arms and felt yours around me. Look elsewhere for judgement. I take you as what you are and apply no conditions. Makes me happy way down where I live. I know you were joshing with that but it reminded me of other things. Good things.

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Yes and no to a point. In irrigation we get away with things that would be heavily frowned upon in the gas and oil industry. ;)
Although I did a project 12 years ago that required 275 PSI to push water up a hill. That was done with heavy pipe and high pressure flanges and valves used in the gas industry.

L Haney

Seriously Ponderin'
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Although I did a project 12 years ago that required 275 PSI to push water up a hill. That was done with heavy pipe and high pressure flanges and valves used in the gas industry.
Our lowest piping standard is ANSI 300 which is good to 740 PSI. Most of my stuff is ANSI 600 which is rated to 1440 PSI operating. A 20" flange at the higher rating is just a bitch to bolt up. I've been sent to projects with 60" pipe at ANSI 900 standards. Nothing gets done fast around that stuff. A single weld flange for that weighs more than my truck. The lower pressure stuff is like a holiday when it shows up.

tac-40

Moderator, Armed Curmudgeon
Staff member
FALaholic #
All this talk brings me back to the days of slinging seawater hull valves 22.5 degree off vertical to mate with the freaking hull flange using chain falls and comealongs. The ball valves without the hydraulic actuator averaged 100-125 pounds per inch diameter. You guys enjoy the ability to have a crane directly above the work site. If I had to do that like you guys do out in the weather (cold, wet, hotter than blazes), I would have quit before making it a career. Hats off to you.

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Here's the beginning of the PVC pipe runs, that is ground water in the trench, going to be an issue for the next 3/4 of a mile. Glad I can weld and don't have to get in that stuff.
We have a 6" diesel pump to dewater.
IMG_20230207_155538.jpg

Vabow

FALaholic #
Yep I believe they stop selling them in 15, cummins in the IH med duty now. They even stopped using maxforce name and still couldn’t sell them. They are nothing but problems and are a pita to work on. But they keep me busy and money in the bank.

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Yep I believe they stop selling them in 15, cummins in the IH med duty now. They even stopped using maxforce name and still couldn’t sell them. They are nothing but problems and are a pita to work on. But they keep me busy and money in the bank.
Yeah, we have 3 Navi mid size trucks, a '98 with the 466E, a 2010 with a DT530, and a new to us 2020 with the 6.7 BSX Cummins. At least the Cummins gets down the road with the traffic. The DT's have been decent engines except for the high pressure oil leaks.