• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

An only slightly biased review of the modern P-07.

archers6

FALaholic #
Disclaimers:
I have the P-09 suppressor ready/N.Sights.

Only issue ever with the P-09 is rear sight got loose within 1st 400 rounds.

I am coasting down the +50 hill with vision that could be better and medium- fat hands and fingers.

I am cross -dominant with a Meh-level smart left hand to go with the left dominant eye, and have "transitioned" from right hand draw to left the last 20 years or so.

Shooting was at 7-18 yards with the left hand (non-dominant) to match the dominant left eye.

I have extensive good but old training with the S&W 586 and feel my D/A skills are rusty but better than average.

So!

A review by contrast.

Differences shooting the P-07 VS P-O9.
The suppressor- hight night sights are not just tacti-cool, they are a boon to aging eyes..
at least at my stage where fine print and low light make small text impossible.

The P-07 sights probably are great for sharp young eyes,

Or getting lucky and finding a nice, still, frontal torso at under... say 10 yards D/A.

Groups were disappointing with a slow decock/ fire, decock /fire And confusing! High left! Dead on, high, low... High left.. wtf?
Ok .. it has been a little while.

Gently swinging, fan- blown empty 9mm boxes as targets at 7 - 9 yards are a completely different animal from shooting the P-09, where they are easy ducks,
and where I feel I can draw sloppy smiley -faces when the rear-sight stays put at shorter range.
( I am still annoyed about that sight after 5 -ish years..)

So- a lil
Disappointing.

Probably me, but the smaller real estate on the grip may effect some hands shooting southpaw.

Shooting lefty, I had to find a grip adjustment to NOT apply pressure to drop the mag enough to fail to chamber a round.
I failed to chamber 3-4 times at the start, mashing the release with my hand.

I take a VERY high, mashed-in hard grip that I focus on when practicing,

The P-09 had enough real -estate that it was not an issue.

I am not anywhere near "disappointed" with Her, but the experience was surprisingly different from the P-09, raising more questions than I was expecting...

And I was expecting somthing like the friendly handshake I got from a long ago Uzi Eagle compact metal frame
-a 941 cousin.. ( the kind that gets scandalous)..

Maybe it is age and the hand/ eye war...

140 rounds of Magtech and S&B shot.

8 out of 10 D/A, decock, D/A.

1 fail to chamber while firing.
.(..and above where my hand hit the mag release chambering the first round.)

Mag changes were just sexy.

Like sliding in and out of a '73 Lincoln.

Glucker

FALaholic #
I liked my P07 so much, I sold my P10C, and thought if a 15 rd mag sized grip is good, the larger one of the P09 must be even better...

Then I bought a Glock 19X, which gave me the larger grip without any long DA pull (good as it was on the P07), and I am now CZ free.

Only one antiquated DA/SA remaining, a Ruger P 95 that I keep because it is uber reliable and I just like it.

aron82

FALaholic #
Love my p07. Doesn't shoot as accurately as my p-09, but my 07 is in 40 and the 09 is in 9mm.
Never had a malfunction with either.
I prefer metal frame pistols for range use, but for carry I tend towards polymer guns. They are lighter and I don't worry about scratching them or damaging them.
Still stuck in the past with my da-sa pistols.
Couldn't find any love for the p10c. It's a fine functional pistol, but down the road it went.

AllOuttaBubblegum

FALaholic #
Love my p07. Doesn't shoot as accurately as my p-09, but my 07 is in 40 and the 09 is in 9mm.
Never had a malfunction with either.
I prefer metal frame pistols for range use, but for carry I tend towards polymer guns. They are lighter and I don't worry about scratching them or damaging them.
Still stuck in the past with my da-sa pistols.
Couldn't find any love for the p10c. It's a fine functional pistol, but down the road it went.
I feel the same about my P10s. Great gun, but not as lively to shoot as a P01 or compact with an alloy frame. I got a surplus trade in of the latter and it’s a target gun in a carry package

OMCHamlin

FALaholic #
Not his…
Well, and not even a P07…
but I got a scorching deal on it as my last VA handgun purchase, before the VA>TN move. Threaded, Night sights (which got loose, just like OPs!)
I decided I needed to play with this one, so I ordered and installed a CGW full action kit, I would say it came out well, then sent it to NC for a slide cut and forward rear sight install. I’m happy with it, but need to work with it instead of my Glocks for a while.
IMG_7382.jpeg
IMG_7386.jpeg

Last edited: