• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

All we have to fear, is fear itself!

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
"All we have to fear, is fear itself!"

" So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."

True in 1933,,,,,,,,,,,more so, so very true today.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
This is as far as the bastards are going!

1707681071007.jpeg

""As a tank destroyer from the 7th Armored Division moved west from Salmchateau on the highway toward Fraiture, the commander spotted a lone trooper from the 325th digging a fox hole for an outpost near the road. The commander stopped the vehicle and asked him if this was the frontline.""

""The trooper, PFC Vernon Haught, with Company F, 325th GIR, looked up and said, “are you looking for a safe place?”

The tank destroyer commander answered, “Yeah.”

Haught then said, “Well, buddy, just pull your vehicle behind me. I’m the 82nd Airborne Division, and this is as far as the bastards are going.”

You can learn from the past, when ya got no idea what to do going forward today!

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I only posted the above, because there is so damn much fear mongering today,,,,,WWIII, disease X,Y,Z, wars and rumors of war, everything and everyone is going to die, people coming into your home to murder you and yours, everything is falling apart, and on and on and on, damn,,,folks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the world ain't so bad, sure as hell better than many times in the past, and if or when something real happens, just dig in and deal with it...........

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
"A brave man dies once, a coward dies a thousand deaths."

Doesn't mean don't be prepared, but don't live in fear.

So much of everything on the internet, TV, even gun forums ;) , is designed to scare people and sadly its working as designed.

meltblown

FJB
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
For the last 10 or so years, every person who I have reported to told me they needed their jobs. These are people now in their mid 50s. They said it like " they needed to keep this job" because they wouldn't find anything better. Basically that means they are pussies and are under-qualified, and the Peter principle lives. Both say they don't have a degree as the reason they won't speak out or buck the BS. I have 2, and it doesn't matter if you know your shit. I need a job to keep me from being bored and buying toys and shit. Fucking gen x was all about being this and a bag of chips. I'm in between the boomers and X. It's called Gen fuck em all.

Pluribus

Testudo Sicario & Mediocris Albus Diaboli
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Of the things that Churchhill excelled at, it was his choice of words by sticking to predominantly Anglo word choices of very few syllables so that he could be understood with his succinctness. 🫡
Myself on the other hand, I babble, blather and, upon occasion, bloviate.
Ah jes cain’t hep muh’seff.

No wait, it’s the internet’s fault, I fear.

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
For the last 10 or so years, every person who I have reported to told me they needed their jobs. These are people now in their mid 50s. They said it like " they needed to keep this job" because they wouldn't find anything better. Basically that means they are pussies and are under-qualified, and the Peter principle lives. Both say they don't have a degree as the reason they won't speak out or buck the BS. I have 2, and it doesn't matter if you know your shit. I need a job to keep me from being bored and buying toys and shit. Fucking gen x was all about being this and a bag of chips. I'm in between the boomers and X. It's called Gen fuck em all.
The Peter Principle became prevalent when they stopped scoring children’s games of the field at a time when they should be a learning exercise instead of a game of sport.

meltblown

FJB
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
The Peter Principle became prevalent when they stopped scoring children’s games of the field at a time when they should be a learning exercise instead of a game of sport.
Basically none of these people have any hard skills that translate to a trade. It's all about fucking relational and being fucking lazy in their minds instead of hands on. Same fucking people that if their car is broken down and can't afford the repair bill couldn't do it themselves

jimmbob

unreparated
Contributor
FALaholic #
The powers that be are trying to instill enough fear in everyone that they will say, "save us, we'll give up anything if you'll just save us". Once it gets to that point, the game is over, or just begun.
yes, it's for your own good

our gubmint has been programming hate and discontent into our society via many avenues for the last several decades

"Divide and Conquer"

eta, p.s. , just found this pic...

nazi.jpg

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I know I hold a minority opinion around here at times, ;) :whistle: :giggle:, but one thing I'm sure of, no matter what is thrown at us, "enough" people will rally together and deal with it.

No one is ever going to forcefully disarm this county, that horse left the barn, when private firearm ownership went over 25,000,000 and is now estimated to be around 450,000,000 which I believe is a low ball figure.

So, just ignore these loons and their dreams of conquest here at home.

This country and our ancestors lived through the Revolution, Civil war, OK, War of Northern Aggression, Spanish American war, War of 1812,
WW1, WW2, Korea, VN, that was a real bitching time, D/S, 1 and 2, the Depression,9/11, and on and on and on.

We're in the silly season of political discourse right now, fuck'em, the people that don't know as adults which bathroom to use, sure as hell ain't going to do anything we can't undo, ignore, or deal with.

jdowney

FALaholic #
Lately I've been seeing headlines about solar storms, and how the Pacific plate is going to rip New Zealand apart or something. Fear mongering, nothing more. Shit you can do nothing about, may not even cause you trouble (solar storms), or happens so slowly you will never notice (plate tectonics).

It's all about generating clicks and selling ads. Nothing pulls in the viewers like scaring them.

SpringerXD

FALaholic #
"All we have to fear, is fear itself!"

" So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."

True in 1933,,,,,,,,,,,more so, so very true today.
Yep. I commented about this on another forum. There's a fearmonger on every corner of the Internet these days. "The economy is about to crash!" "Let's dread 2024!"

The great food shortage was supposed to have started in September. My local grocery store was fully stocked as of yesterday. The next "pandemic" with lockdowns and mask mandates was supposed to have started. Nope.

Even if the fearmongers are correct, what good will worrying about it accomplish?

V guy

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
"Divide and conquer", Sun Tzu Art of War
I always thought that as being somewhat backward. One must first conquer before one can divide. More detail though, one must divide the chore of responsibility in the conquest also but, the standalone quote is often misconstrued.
That’s just my rambling observation.

1911Ron

FALaholic #
I always thought that as being somewhat backward. One must first conquer before one can divide. More detail though, one must divide the chore of responsibility in the conquest also but, the standalone quote is often misconstrued.
That’s just my rambling observation.
If you divide the enemy into smaller groups you can then beat them in detail or in this case conquer them easier.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Lately I've been seeing headlines about solar storms, and how the Pacific plate is going to rip New Zealand apart or something. Fear mongering, nothing more. Shit you can do nothing about, may not even cause you trouble (solar storms), or happens so slowly you will never notice (plate tectonics).

It's all about generating clicks and selling ads. Nothing pulls in the viewers like scaring them.

Yep!

And when not doing this, folks on our side of the argument about firearms, pro second amendment,seek out and post up everything they can locate negative on the internet about anyone that holds even a slight difference of opinion on firearms, or in fact, any and all matter of opinions on everything.

A person may be one of the most decent human beings on earth, doing great and wonderful things, but damn, let them step one inch out of line on some litmus test or another,,,,then they must be completely destroyed.

The "left" does not need to destroy the "right",,,,,,just leave them alone, the "right" will destroy themselves.

I've mentioned a few times, I'm an admirer of Sir Winston Churchill.
I am.
Great wartime leader, lead GB at a time when no one back then gave GB a single chance in hell of standing up to Germany.

But watch here, right here, someone will come along shortly, and list every fucked up thing this man ever did or said, but miss completely, the single most important point, he was a great wartime leader of a fucked up beyond repair nation that did not stand a chance in hell of surviving Germany.

People have learn to destroy everyone, for even the slightest misstep made, that does not fit their litmus test for this or that on any given day.

This is why the "right" will never come together in this country, even when they agree on 99.99999% of all issues, they've been program to destroy everything and everyone................

meltblown

FJB
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Yep!

And when not doing this, folks on our side of the argument about firearms, pro second amendment,seek out and post up everything they can locate negative on the internet about anyone that holds even a slight difference of opinion on firearms, or in fact, any and all matter of opinions on everything.

A person may be one of the most decent human beings on earth, doing great and wonderful things, but damn, let them step one inch out of line on some litmus test or another,,,,then they must be completely destroyed.

The "left" does not need to destroy the "right",,,,,,just leave them alone, the "right" will destroy themselves.

I've mentioned a few times, I'm an admirer of Sir Winston Churchill.
I am.
Great wartime leader, lead GB at a time when no one back then gave GB a single chance in hell of standing up to Germany.

But watch here, right here, someone will come along shortly, and list every fucked up thing this man ever did or said, but miss completely, the single most important point, he was a great wartime leader of a fucked up beyond repair nation that did not stand a chance in hell of surviving Germany.

People have learn to destroy everyone, for even the slightest misstep made, that does not fit their litmus test for this or that on any given day.

This is why the "right" will never come together in this country, even when they agree on 99.99999% of all issues, they've been program to destroy everything and everyone................
Circular firing squad is what I've always said