• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

A List of Smiths, Builders, and people with TOOLS who might do your rifle (MERGED)

Boyropha

FALaholic #
Fal build help in FL

I am replacing by barrel on my FAL and I am looking for some help with timing and proper head spacing. I can probably swing the barrel part, but I would be interested in some help with it. I did it once before and I ground down the shoulder too much and had to shim it and I was always questioning it when I shot it.

PM me if anyone is interested. I am in the Tampa Bay area.

Thanks,
Bob

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Located in N.E. GA. Have 60" toolroom lathe, milling machine, Bridgeport surfacing machine, arbor press, CNC router, Miller MIG with 30 amp Aluminum spool gun. Stick welder, Inverter TIG welder. Metal fab and woodworking shop. All tools for AR's, some M1a tools can borrow odd tools locally. Cerrakote and micro slick installer. Trade shop time for parts or tools. I you teach me new tricks then shop yours to use.

Thundermaker

Contributor
FALaholic #
Tools

Not sure if I qualify as a builder, but I have all the Ratas calientes tools (alignment rods, vice blocks, receiver wrench), and I have used them to successfully build an FAL that hasn't blown up yet. I'm always happy to help with gun projects.

FALaholic #
FAL gunsmith

I vote for Randy at Sledgehammer Arms Works in Jacksonville, TX. Drove over there from N. Dallas today and he did amazing work on my FAL's while I waited. Unfortunately, I had to replace a barrel in one but he had two excellent barrels on hand that were very reasonably priced. He's my FAL go to guy!

sgr

FALaholic #
Help with headspacing

Hello

Can someone recommend a gunsmith in NorCal ? Would like to check headspacing on my new build.

Thanks

lockjaw

Contributor
FALaholic #
I need to buy/borrow/barter/rent an FAL receiver wrench and barrel vice. I have everything. I'm basically rebanning a couple AWB era builds.

I have plenty of AR parts, some retro stuff....

Help is appreciated.

aardq

FALaholic #
Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience with Globel Military Gunsmithing, in SE MI?
Want a parts kit built and he is listed here, but no comments on the shop or the work they do.

Thanks,
Dan

FALna45

FALaholic #
Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience with Globel Military Gunsmithing, in SE MI?
Want a parts kit built and he is listed here, but no comments on the shop or the work they do.
IMO & IME Ken's a very good builder with a solid rep going back to 'the old days' here, i wouldn't hesitate to use his services.
:beer:

Fnbob

FALaholic #
Gunsmith Services
Builds (Complete or partial) FAL, AK, Galil, Romak 3, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine
Repairs on most milsurp bolt action and semi auto rifles
Refinish Metal (Parkerizing, Black Oxide, Paint over Park)
Refinish Stocks (wood or synthetic)
Barrel work (cut, crown, thread, attach muzzle device)
Flash Hider Sleeving Service (any type)
Firearms Dealer and Manufacture (Special orders)

Custom work. Let me know your needs.

Thanks,
Randy Kline

NK2000

FALaholic #
Is there out there a HK G3 tech in Northern Alabama/South Tennessee to secure a wobbly/loose triple frame on an Indep G3?

I also need some help with an L1A1 that is not cycling that may have gas issues at the gas block. Thanks.

IndianaBlackhats

FALaholic #
Anyone in or around southern Indiana that can install a barrel? I took my FAL carbine to a gunsmith who said he had all of the tools to install a barrel but ended up not having a action wrench which he neglected to tell me. So I have a nice new DSA barrel that that I want to swap places with my obnoxiously loud integral muzzle brake barrel...willing to pay.. also I would like to watch the installation just because I'm interested in seeing it done

Eskimo Joe

FALaholic #
Cliffy109 had this suggestion: A 'stickied' thread of those who build, have tools to share and can loan, etc. Please add to this thread IF you are
- a professional gunsmith
- a hobby builder who can assist
- a holder of tools you'd be willing to loan
- an organizer/sponsor of a GTG to have a build party

merged: PLEASE CLEARLY IDENTIFY WHTHER YOU ARE A SMITH, HOBBYIST FOR HIRE, OR TOOL KEEPER SO TAHT OTHERS CAN CHOOSE WHICH SERVICE or SERVICE THEY WISH

Identify any special tools you have, and most especially, any you don't. State any limitations you might have. Also, there may be inferred issues w/ 'builders' re: ATF. Keep that in mind if you suddenly find yourself having a load of rifles show up at your home. Our intent is to provide Members a locus for info regarding people close to them who can help with a build.

Customers: please do NOT post "who's in Tejas (answer: nobody important šŸ¤£ ) who can help?" questions. This is the 'supply chain' end of your question. Answers should be made by those who can provide the service.

As this grows I'll do a little Mod-work to keep it organized. Please be patient w/ me.

A start w/ professionals (omissions are because it's 0500 EST!)

- Gunplumber/Arizona
- Dan @ VOW/East Tennessee
- Tony Marshburn/Atlanta
- Brett Stafford/Atlanta
- George Gouger/Oregon

VOILA! We'll work on this together!
:biggrin:
I have been gone a while and may not use site correctly. I need to barrow, rent etc a Wadman barrel shoulder cutter. Anyone have one?
Eskimo Joe in PA
570-672-2473