• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

A List of Smiths, Builders, and people with TOOLS who might do your rifle (MERGED)

Jambo

FALaholic #
Jamin "Jambo" Koehn - Tishomingo, OK (south central OK)
Tools: FAL Action wrench, barrel vise, buttstock tool, extractor tool.

Phone Number: 580-371-0098

As of May 8, I will be temporarily residing at home in Coldwater, KS, where I can be reached at 620-582-2259.

Last edited:

MudBug

FALaholic #
The biggest problem with your thread cliffy is that it has turned into another advertising section for people that want cash for thier services (Which is fine, hell that;s America) when what I think you wanted to start, and what Jambo was starting is just a list of people with tools and/or experience that would be willing to help. Both are a good idea, one list of pros and one list of the helpfull, but they don't both belong in the same list.

Flanigan

FALaholic #
Re: A List of Smith's and Builders who might do your rifle

Earl Flanigan - Equality, IL (DEEP SE. Illinois)

No FFL aside from C&R, so will "hold your hand" and walk you through procedures. Make sure you have all the required US parts - you won't get in my shop without 'em.

Knowledgeable in FALs, AKs, 1919s, MNs, Mausers, and soon (I hope!) DP28s.

Fully equipped shop: mill, barrel vise, headspace gauges, asst. receiver wrenches, BIG hammers, MIG, small park setup, blast cabinet, sutures, and the umbiquitous Dremel. No lathe - yet.

raeldridge

FALaholic #
at the risk of maybe ticking off the for-pay gunsmiths: keep the original thread and then start another one, these guys have these tools, and there's no money involved other than maybe a beer or two involved.

put me in the second category. since I've got all this stuff setting in the garage, maybe someone else will get some good out of it.

Antares

Banned, Marketplace Infractions
FALaholic #
Antares - NE Ohio

Full capabilities in FAL, AK, 1919. Have riveting ability. Lack good refinishing setup.

You bring the :beer: :biggrin:

MudBug

FALaholic #
I know I wish there was somebody local that had a few of the tools that I need, I'd be more than willing to bring Pizza and beer or a couple Rib-eyes and some beer just to borrow some tools and experience.

cliffy109

FALaholic #
MudBug said:
I know I wish there was somebody local that had a few of the tools that I need, I'd be more than willing to bring Pizza and beer or a couple Rib-eyes and some beer just to borrow some tools and experience.
Well... where do you live?

MudBug

FALaholic #
Phoenix, Arizona, but at this point I just ordered the last tools I need. I do wish I knew someone with a sand blasting cabinet though I have a handfull of small parts that need to be parked, I don't mind spending a few dollars for some Park supplies, and I can get a small stainless container from a resaurant supply store, but blasting cabinets are kinda pricey, so I'll just send them to BIG DUKE 60 for Parking. Waiting kills me though, I would much rather just do stuff at home right when I want it.

Rooster

FALaholic #
raeldridge said:
at the risk of maybe ticking off the for-pay gunsmiths: keep the original thread and then start another one, these guys have these tools, and there's no money involved other than maybe a beer or two involved.

put me in the second category. since I've got all this stuff setting in the garage, maybe someone else will get some good out of it.
I agree completely raeldridge. When I initially posted I had not looked at the stickied post in quite a while but rather just knew it was there. It has definietly turned in to a gunsmith ad. We should keep this one going strong.

Rooster's Tools:
- Full setup to build and headspace.
- Working on a refinishing setup.

MarkBall

FALaholic #
Ogden KS, Have all 4 seasons in a single day...
Moved so no longer in Nebraska or Kansas. Shop is heated by Mother Nature her ownself.

Now living in Yuma AZ. Have built 3 for myself (2 FAL's & a HK G-3). Email me if you need help.

Tools on hand:
  1. Receiver Wrench - tweaked for Coonan receivers
  2. PA Patriot's Barrel Vise - we can twist off the barrel threads with this one,
  3. PA Patriot's Timing Tool,
  4. Headspacing gauges - (Go & No Go for .308),
  5. Big Ass Bench Vise,
  6. Steel workbench bolted to floor & wall,
  7. Big F'ng Hammer,
  8. Drill press,
  9. Mig Welder,
  10. Various Grinders - including the manditory Dremel (Corded Variable Speed),
  11. Blasting Cabinet - not able to do barreled receivers yet. Needs modified,
  12. Air Compressor,
  13. Air Brush,
  14. Lots of Patience,
  15. Shovel, Spade, lots of empty space for burial........ (bad parts only other than that sassy little lady at my last job................joke folks!!!!)
  16. Adequate bandage supply for any WESCOG injuries,
  17. Onsite medical personel (me),
  18. Just enough sass to make it fun.
    [/list=1]

Mark

Last edited:

Jambo

FALaholic #
This summer, I'll be in the people's rebublic of California. My phone number and address at that time will be:
219 Hillcrest Ave
Livermore, CA 94550-3455
(925) 449-3589

The tools that I will have at my disposal will be:
Wire Feed Welder
FAL Action Wrench
Barrel Vise
Bench Vise
Numerous other tools that I can't name at this time

benf

FALaholic #
www.murraysguns.com
Full time Gunsmith
All things Fal +
Most all general and Custom gunsmithing available.
Also, retrofitting SKS's with firing pin spring. (no slamfires or uncontrollable full auto)
H&K MP-5 type finish...parkerizing...blueing
ffl# 5-75-337-01-5C-48432
Bowie, Tx (includes DFW area)
940-928-0002
Attn: SKS OWNERS!!!

Last edited:

FAL4ME2

FALaholic #
I'm just N. of Springfield MO.
6 Time FAL Hobby smith.
TOOLs are
6" SHOP vise
BBL vise
Recever wrench
LS pin guages
HS go gage
Butt stock/pg wrench
2 BBL Timming Level's
And 1 used alot DREMMEL TOOL !!!!
And other non FAL tools
(Must use the #of US 922 parts)
Glade to help others with thir FALaholic fixxxx !!!
Will take Friendship/extra parts/ect. for the use of Me & tools

If help is needed send PM or Email
FAL4ME2 #10625

:fal: :uhoh: :fal:

Last edited:

Spark-e3

FALaholic #
FAL building 101.........................

I'm in Oregon and have very successful garage builds under my belt.
TOOLS
headspace gauges(includes go-nogo)
barrel timing tool from Court in FL.(makes it very easy and on the $$$$)
recvr wrench
punch set
big open end wrench(with big cheater bar)
sanding disks
magnetic levels
BIG VISE!!!!!!

Will help if you're got your stuff together.I know others in Oregon that handle the welding,soldering and parking.

jim1of6

FALaholic #
Hobbyist for hire!

I've built 4 functioning FALs and would be willing to help someone starting out. I've made two receiver wrenches, I have headspace tools, silver solder and MAPP gas. Typical garage building which includes beer, bedliner and bandaides of course! If someone is So. California near San Bernardino and needs help building a CaliBAN compliant rifle give me a call.

Oh that's right I moved to "Free America". If someone in Eastern Washington needs help let me know.

BIG50

FALaholic #
ARIZONA PRECISION ARMS

we specialize in the building & repair of the HK 91,G3, 33,93, 94, MP5, MP5K and many more.
we also specialize in the FAL's, AK's, Galils and many more check us out.
Thanks
BIG50