• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

7.62 x 39 boxer brass ?

owlcreekok

FALaholic #
I had not really anguished over it much, Forrest. Since the guy at the range said that. Reading your post, I had to go check. :tongue: Sure enough ! If I tried REAL HARD I made a whole thousandth read from bullet to bullet in a bunch of Portugese pulls. :beer:

I am going to slug an AK bore today, if I get time. It just now occurs to me to drive a .308 bullet down one. A little measuring there might give me food for thought, eh !?!?

EDIT- Just went out to the shop !

I looked around in my early morning stupor and spied a few pieces of Wolf 7.62 x 39 ammo laying on the loading bench. Also in plain view was my Mitutoyo digital caliper.

"What the hell" I says to me self, out loud.

Carefully I takes a measurement of the bullet's diameter right next to the case mouth.

.3085"

Ahhh hell,,,NO WAY ! Grab another one.

.308"

Hmm, must be a little smaller above the case mouth. Where da hell is that bullet puller hammer thingy ?

Whap Whap Whap Whap

.3085"

Wolf factory AK food is THREE OH EIGHT.

Suits me. :biggrin:

Last edited:

jerrymrc

FALaholic #
I just did the same thing Owl. Wolf=.308 my reloads=.310

Things that make you go ????? And I see Midway has the Nosler 125g (.308) on sale for $12.29 a box.

Last edited:

gunsmith_tony

FALaholic #
Now see there! THATS why we needed a R-E-L-O-A-D-I-N-G forum.
How many among us, do you think, knew that YESTERDAY?
Why...it's like riding the crest of a virtual TSUNAMI of knowledge and new information!

well...something like that anyway.:biggrin:

gunsmith_tony

FALaholic #
:rofl: No wonder my reloads tend to be more accurate than the common surplus. Turns out...it ain't got nuthin to do with my skill or years of experience, I'm just using BIGGER BULLETS! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

jerrymrc

FALaholic #
gunsmith_tony said:
Now see there! THATS why we needed a R-E-L-O-A-D-I-N-G forum.
How many among us, do you think, knew that YESTERDAY?
Why...it's like riding the crest of a virtual TSUNAMI of knowledge and new information!

well...something like that anyway.:biggrin:
I think it is more like a bunch of drunks stumbling around in the dark trying to find the bottle of MD 20-20.:whiskey: :tongue:

gunsmith_tony

FALaholic #
jerrymrc said:

I think it is more like a bunch of drunks stumbling around in the dark trying to find the bottle of MD 20-20.:whiskey: :tongue:
No! "ENLIGHTENED" drunks with AKM's stumbling around in the dark trying to find the bottle of MD 20-20.:whiskey: :tongue:

instr8

FALaholic #
Sorry I got in on this so late. The .308 diameter work fine in X39 cartridges. I have done it plenty enough times to know it works fine.

Wolf now load some loads with .308 diameter bullets. Most die sets come with .308 expander assemblies.

Also, the 150gr bullets work fine too. Silver bear X39 SP ammo is 154gr.