• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

100 yd load for bolt .223.

ArtBanks

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
Getting down to the nitty gritty on a decent 100 yd load for the Savage 110 .223 20" 1-9 bull barrel. Scope is NF Competition 15-55x52. Brass used is new weighed Starline with 1 gn segregation. Cold clean bore 10 rnd group was shot with 23 gn Varget pushing same 73 gn Berger bullet for an initial cold clean bore .45. After each group was shot a dry patch was pulled through the bore and cooler run for 5 minutes. Me thinks the .2 moa final load will do nicely on the fly swatter challenge. Shot off a front rest with rear bunny bag. Whatta Hobby!

73 Berger Varget ladder..jpg
110 223.jpg
110 223 1.jpg
Barrel cooler..jpg

ArtBanks

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
Refining my 223 load ladder for the 73 gn Berger and Varget in Startline brass. Will be pulling a couple hundred bullets that were loaded with 23 gn now that I have taken the time to see the load was not refined enough. I do get impatient and tend to hop on one when it is close. 23. gn was a consisntent .45 moa load and simply adding another half gn brought it to a .2. New ladder will center around the 23.5 gn load and see what appears. For a 100 yd target, 1/4" dots make a great poa and keeping them in a 3 ring binder helps for future analysis. Keeping up with changes in variables gives us plenty to think about. Whatta Hobby!

Load ladder.jpg