Izzy kits 299.00 at PSA

Anything and Everything FN/FAL related
Biohmmwv

Re: Izzy kits 299.00 at PSA

Post by Biohmmwv »

Of the three kits I ordered, one was missing a gas plug, one has two right side hand guards and one kit was complete .
My friend received a broken hand guard and the other kit looked like it had seen hard use from the time it was made until it was demilled.
Palmetto is not answering their phones, only e-mail.
Air e-mailed them a week ago and received a response on Mondayin the morning that they would give in store compensation on a future purchase. I responded to them within a couple of hours and have not heard anything in response from that e-mail or the subsequent e-mails on tuesday or Wednesday.
If I don't hear back on Friday, a call to the credit card company might wake them up.
I understand sold as is for condition, but when parts are missing that are pictured on their web sight they should make it right.
What if sold as is meant missing the lower?

Biohmmwv

Post by Biohmmwv »

Hey! PSA finally came through on part of the deal!

grahamneall

Post by grahamneall »

Very happy with my first kit, other than a missing Gas Regulator Spring....I have spares.
Carrier was Imbel (strange) but found an FN Israeli Contract replacement within an hour on GB...got really lucky with that.
One of the HG's had a crack, which I am now fixing with a wood dowel on the inside.

Second Kit, no complaints at all....wood is excellent,
Can't wait to clean it up and re-finish with Tung Oil (like my first).

Kit number 3 is in route.
G.

ismith

Post by ismith »

One of mine has some Hebrew carved into the stock. According to google translator it says “Lion” on one side and “Egypt” on the other.

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

ismith wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:27 am
One of mine has some Hebrew carved into the stock. According to google translator it says “Lion” on one side and “Egypt” on the other.

Nice! Trench art is always cool to find.

grahamneall

Post by grahamneall »

SmokeEater2 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:20 am
ismith wrote:

Nice! Trench art is always cool to find.
First we hear Tanzania, now Egypt.....interesting !!

The Bolt on my 2nd Kit has 3 FN proof Marks which dated it to the 3rd qtr of 1962.
So it's been around a while but overall condition is really good.

Found a guy in Dallas (I'm in Austin, Tx) who was advertising an Izzy Kit for $300.
We are doing the deal.
He said he needed the money to fund another project.

I asked if the HG's were cracked and he told me there is a metal rod/dowel which runs the length of the HG's on the inside.
Said is was to prevent cracking, so I'll be interested to see that.
Otherwise, the looked fine and in really good shape.
That will be kit number 4.

kev

Post by kev »

My two kits just arrived. Absolutely gorgeous x 2,.....could not be happier. Pretty much standard, all parts present. Learned something new today about Izzy hinge pins. They aren't male/female halves like every other FAL. Basically just a bolt with a nut,....I never knew.

Again, condition on both is great. The first kit looked so good I was afraid to even open the second but turns out I almost can't tell them apart. Description fits both. Wood is completely solid and VERY good. No cracks, no gouges, not even a scratch. Couple very minor dents here and there. Not even real greasy. Both lowers retain almost all of their finish as do all other parts. One set of handguards shows thinning park but they're all straight and well fitted. No numbers on bolts or carriers but if they had numbers scrubbed it was done very nicely with a mill. Guess the finish on the top covers is a little thin too, but no dings and they're perfectly straight. All springs, pins etc present. One handguard spacer per kit and one combo device each.

I didn't want these two kits but now I'm ecstatic that I caved and bought them. If I make it through the rest of the day without ordering a couple more I'll be surprised. PSA could send me the next two boxes filled with sod and I'd still consider this a win.

kev

Post by kev »

I didn't make it through the rest of the day.

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

kev wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:07 pm

I feel your pain! After I received the first one (really nice) I ordered a second and then a third. I'm happy with all of them and I'm trying really hard not to order more.

blkadder

Post by blkadder »

I received my kit yesterday, and it looks like what the others do. I started doing some cleaning up before I do the heavy duty cleaning. I notice that on my kit there are no serial numbers anywhere. I guess the upper is the only part that really needs a serial. I have never held one of these, but I can see where this is a very stout rifle.
Attachments
FAL3.jpg
FAL3.jpg (51.29 KiB) Viewed 4976 times
Ron
...Semper Fidelis...

CTW

Post by CTW »

kev wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:07 pm
Kev I did too. Ended up with 6 and they are all nice.

schmii

Post by schmii »

Got my parts kit in this week and I’m very happy with it, everything’s there and even the wood is in decent condition. All the parts from the upper are covered in grime and shavings from the demolish process but that’s no problem.

Only thing is- I was playing with my lower receiver and was switching around the selector to get a feel for it, and when I switched it to the pictures position(I think it’s auto), and now the trigger won’t pull, and even worse, the selector won’t move back to R or S. Do I have to take apart the whole lower to get it out of this state?

kingsman

Post by kingsman »

schmii wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:19 pm
Got my parts kit in this week and I’m very happy with it, everything’s there and even the wood is in decent condition. All the parts from the upper are covered in grime and shavings from the demolish process but that’s no problem.

Only thing is- I was playing with my lower receiver and was switching around the selector to get a feel for it, and when I switched it to the pictures position(I think it’s auto), and now the trigger won’t pull, and even worse, the selector won’t move back to R or S. Do I have to take apart the whole lower to get it out of this state?
Try pushing in on the selector, then try to turn.

Boyscout775

Post by Boyscout775 »

kingsman wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:43 pm
schmii wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Try pushing in on the selector, then try to turn.
You've turned it past auto to the disassembly point. Like mentioned above, push in and rotate back at the same time

Rastajacob

Post by Rastajacob »

Got my second kit in and I must say, I am very happy with it. It is a horizontal take down, Type C stock, Wood is good, everything seems to be there. One issue and that is with the pivot pin hole on the left side of the rifle. It was bent slightly inwards to the point that I had to carefully bend it back so that it will eventually be able to mate with the upper. Is the bend something that I should be concerned about? It seems like it will be able to function once I mate it..not expecting a beauty queen, just don’t want it to affect a good lock up between the two halves of the firearm. Seriously thinking about getting another kit, but I dunno. I’m happy with my Two as well.

kev

Post by kev »

Having the ears pinched in a bit won't give you any trouble. Crescent wrench adjustment tool.

Rastajacob

Post by Rastajacob »

kev wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:15 pm
Having the ears pinched in a bit won't give you any trouble. Crescent wrench adjustment tool.
Sounds great. I didn’t think so, just didn’t know if marring the metal would cause it to weaken over time. Thanks for the response...!

But Its A Dry Heat

Post by But Its A Dry Heat »

Sarco has some bits and pieces/parts if you guys don't want to go the gunsmoker route.
Nuke China Now. Make the world a better place.

ismith

Post by ismith »

159 kits left for those on the fence.

JR

Post by JR »

So on my stock I have two weird small rectangle indents in the same position on both sides of the stock. There was this weird wood filler covering it but when I touched it, it fell off. That's when I saw the weird rectangle indents. Does anyone know why those would be on my stock? Answer if you have any ideas why they are there!

FN74

Post by FN74 »

I ordered 10 mags, they are IZZI marked and in good condition. Servicable, about 80% finish.

PolishX

Post by PolishX »

DSArms out of receivers and no ETA on return ...FML

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

PolishX wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:47 pm
DSArms out of receivers and no ETA on return ...FML

This is the word from Mike at DSA today-

"Barrels are expected end of this month/ early next month and will be on a continuous production cycle for the foreseeable future.

Receivers... should have another batch by the end of September. The secondaries and heat treat lag time kills us on these.

Both receivers and barrels though will be a continuous production item as long as the demand exists."

blkadder

Post by blkadder »

ismith wrote:
Mine has eight notches cut into the top of the stock. Either someone got bored, or they were keeping count. Knowing how long these served I would imagine there is a body or two on most of these rifles.

Finally got the ejector piece taken out of the receiver scrap. Looking forward to getting me a shiny new receiver. Does anyone aside from DSA sell a decent quality receiver?

Thanks for any thoughts, suggestions or if you just want to make fun of me.
Ron
...Semper Fidelis...

ismith

Post by ismith »

blkadder wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:35 am
ismith wrote:
Mine has eight notches cut into the top of the stock. Either someone got bored, or they were keeping count. Knowing how long these served I would imagine there is a body or two on most of these rifles.

Finally got the ejector piece taken out of the receiver scrap. Looking forward to getting me a shiny new receiver. Does anyone aside from DSA sell a decent quality receiver?

Thanks for any thoughts, suggestions or if you just want to make fun of me.
I can only think of one reason to carve notches on a stock, what does the lower receiver look like?