Re: Well, that was fun..

Post by AKRAGE »

fgw_in_fla wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:18 pm
Jen wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:07 pm
2barearms wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:01 pm
Im fairly sure all they did was delete all the content off the web server, will know over the next few days. As with any hack though, assume any and all data was stolen and will be used and abused. If anyone was using the same password on multiple sites, now would be a good time to change them just in case.
Aaaahhhhhhhh goddammit!
Now I gotta go to every site (about 15 give or take) and change passwords.

Sonofabitch. I say we make reasonable effort to locate said hacker and hang his head on his mother's door knob.
After we cut his balls off and mail 'em to her.

Where's the [Q} autist crew? they're supposed to be good at tracking.
Trace route completed.:geek:
China did it

Logan09

Post by Logan09 »

Well, that sucks. I can already see it now. All my iTrader ratings are gonna disappear like last time.

boatma1

Post by boatma1 »

Jumex Juice

Post by Jumex Juice »

Hopefully it all works out and gets back to normal. My Itrader!

Deerhurst

Post by Deerhurst »

I rather like the new mobile setup showing up on my phone! Much easier to browse at lunch on the phone.
|5.56x45|5.45x39|7.62x39|9x19|7.62x25| and others I've forgotten..

Sigloso

Post by Sigloso »

Jen wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:08 am
Well.. we got hacked. Everything was backed up so we should be good to go moving forward.

This forum is a quick and temporary holding spot until we can get the web server fully upgraded and back online. I apologize, it will likely be a week for us to get everything squared away. Don't panic, we shall return.

I figured you were having a bad day when I saw this:

Jabes0623

Post by Jabes0623 »

Fuck 2020. Just in case nobody else has said it.

Stoned_Oli

Post by Stoned_Oli »

This is what happens when you let Nails become the top poster... :roll: :lol:

Jagick

Post by Jagick »

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
"When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus," or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice. Remember that." -King Baldwin IV (Kingdom of Heaven)

Sparkeyboaz

Post by Sparkeyboaz »

Sparkeyboaz checking in.
I hope you are able to preserve and restore a lot of the good things about the FAL Files.
I was about to have a serious talk with my cell phone/ internet provider!
I hope everybody is coping well with the situation. It doesn't help the current state of the nation.
On a different tangent, I don't know who would want to hack us.
I do know that all the arguments and "poking the bear" attitudes can only lead to pissing off the wrong person.
Often I read the messages posted by some of the same people who "spanked" me when I first joined well over 10 years ago.
I was a bit pissed off but some of you came to my defense and helped me to see the "better side" of the FAL Files.
I have been biting my tongue and minding my own business most of the time.
I can't help but wonder if one of these recent "spankings" to a member didn't push them to the point of screwing this up for everyone.
Just my 2 cents and now it's off my chest.
Sincerely hope we can all get along and play "nice"
Sparkeyboaz

wormraper

Post by wormraper »

Sparkeyboaz...it most likely wasn't personal at all. I work in online marketing and cyber security. Hackerz literally scour the web looking for "weak links" that they can hack and ransom the server back. Mostly likely it was a group looking at our "comparatively" lax security measures (ancient software with known loopholes) and jumped in to see if they could make a quick buck. If we have backups and can reset the servers and the loopholes then they loose. If they're lucky and we're unlucky, we have no major backups and we hopefully pay them to get access to our own site. It's no different than the Nigerian scammers. They skim around looking for unseen entrances and then try and make a few bucks. If they lose they lose, if they win they win. It's a numbers game

Temecula

Post by Temecula »

Sounds like a good business to be in. ;)

NOT-TheGreek!

Post by NOT-TheGreek! »

Fuck the old itrader... what's most important is not getting hacked and ALLLLL the other forums and subforms... Newer software has better features, is facter, and is more secure... All that's needed is a way to reference or transfer ratings from the older software.. Makes no since to keep going through all this headache, extra work, and basically saying fuck the rest of the forum and the members who participate in it in order to keep one section of the forum in tact... Yea it sucks, but it's the common sense thing to do... Those who don't like it will just have tosuck it up and get over it... In a couple of years or so from now, it won't even matter anymore once things in the new itrader gets up and going again... OR a year or so from nor, the site can be be completely down and hacked a dozens more times before then...

AK-Goose

Post by AK-Goose »

Thanks Jen and all the others who keep this place running. It's literally my biggest source for news anymore. I stopped watching the fake nightly news anymore and only watch the local news for the weather. I hope the new site can host photos without going to a hosting site. Another forum I belong to allows you to just upload your pic right from you phone without having to put in links and such. Being amish with a computer, I hope this is part of the upgrade. I NEED this place :shock: , lol. Too much good stuff,info, and good people on here to lose it.
Jeff

Sorryuquit

Post by Sorryuquit »

Stoned_Oli wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:34 pm
This is what happens when you let Nails become the top poster... :roll: :lol:
Wasn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse in Revelations?

A J

Post by A J »

This little hacking episode has caused an inordinate amount of unmitigated bull shit:

1. Vendors accusing the forum of theft
2. Moderator nominees
3. Stupid ideas
4. Stupid questions
5. Stupid requests
6. Reaching out to Jen asking her to solve all life's problems

BrianVedack

Post by BrianVedack »

Hell I thought Jen nuked the site from orbit with all the race posts going on. Glad it wasn't that.

bill3542

Post by bill3542 »

Telling the truth about blacks is verboten in many forum's and frowned upon here.

nalioth

Post by nalioth »

bill3542 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:21 pm
Telling the truth about blacks is verboten in many forum's and frowned upon here.
You can speak your mind, so long as you use your grown up words (leave the gutter argot to swirl into the sewer)

bill3542

Post by bill3542 »

nalioth wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:32 pm
bill3542 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:21 pm
You can speak your mind, so long as you use your grown up words (leave the gutter argot to swirl into the sewer)

But gutter argot is much more fun and descriptive of how they are... you take the fun out of everything Nails.

Pluribus

Post by Pluribus »

Pluribus checking in. I already smarted off in my first two threads in, ya’know like, WTF as I stumbled about heeee-urrh. Seeking solice in what I hoped to be familiar.

I’ll be fine. Is there a general gunsmithing forum yet or, do I just go for it? I got a broken Smitty 6 popper I want to talk about before I proceed and, the Falfiles has a lot of right smart MFers that knows stuff. It’s always about the stuff too, you know.

MI redneck

Post by MI redneck »

Pluribus wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:26 pm
Pluribus checking in. I already smarted off in my first two threads in, ya’know like, WTF as I stumbled about heeee-urrh. Seeking solice in what I hoped to be familiar.

I’ll be fine. Is there a general gunsmithing forum yet or, do I just go for it? I got a broken Smitty 6 popper I want to talk about before I proceed and, the Falfiles has a lot of right smart MFers that knows stuff. It’s always about the stuff too, you know.
There is only general discussion, marketplace, and an AK and FAL sub-forums at the moment. So just go for it in general discussion. ;)

nalioth

Post by nalioth »

Pluribus wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:26 pm

Don't get comfortable.

This temporary board is only gonna be here a few more days.

easttex

Post by easttex »

easttex checking in.

I had just posted photos of my latest AR projects to the AR forum when the whole shiter-roo went dark. I got on Facebook to see if there was anything on the Fal Files' page and seeing nothing, I IM'd the owner (presumably Jen?) about it.

Glad to see this temp site up, even if I have to relearn who a few of you knuckleheads are.
  • Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy
  • Amat Victoria Curam
  • Molon Labe