Forum Status Updates

One forum to rule them all.. sort of.
Invictus77

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Invictus77 »

4markk wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:02 pm
Besides we still got some of those AKFiles types lurking here. They may learn something.
I would not bet on it, but I admire your optimism :D

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Any updates to the 'Files status Jen?

nalioth

Post by nalioth »

SmokeEater2 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:29 pm
AK Files members are still being experimented on.

When they stop finding shit to break, it's nothing to flip the same settings on the FAL Files side.

hkshooter

Post by hkshooter »

nalioth wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:08 am
SmokeEater2 wrote:

When they stop finding shit to break, it's nothing to flip the same settings on the FAL Files side.
Might take a while, I get the impression the average random akfiles guy could break an anvil.

MI redneck

Post by MI redneck »

hkshooter wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:00 am
nalioth wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:08 am
SmokeEater2 wrote:

Might take a while, I get the impression the average random akfiles guy could break an anvil.
With a Q-tip no less! ;)

FTH61

Post by FTH61 »

Given the demographic of the falfiles members I was going to make a funny about how many members we 'lost' during this outage. But given how long its been maybe not ...

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

FTH61 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:15 pm
Given the demographic of the falfiles members I was going to make a funny about how many members we 'lost' during this outage. But given how long its been maybe not ...
Martin is our canary in the coalmine, and he popped in here the other day, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :lol:

CTW

Post by CTW »

Sooo ready for the General forum to be back on line...

BarnOwlLover

Post by BarnOwlLover »

Well, if crap stops messing up on the AK Files board and that stabilizes, we'd probably get general access to the FAL Files within a day or two of that.

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

CTW wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:02 pm
Sooo ready for the General forum to be back on line...

+1000!! I've been unbelievably spoiled over the years by being able to search up the answer to almost any FAL question I couldn't remember.

Try a Google search on most any FAL related topic and one of the page 1 hits will be a FALfiles discussion. Unfortunately those results are a dead link now. :cry:

oldmangraybeard

Post by oldmangraybeard »

Any new updates that I have missed? Possible date for coming back online?

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

The "thing" about being in purgatory, after a while, it ain't so bad.:)LOL

MI redneck

Post by MI redneck »

yellowhand wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:06 am
The "thing" about being in purgatory, after a while, it ain't so bad.:)LOL
That's the spirit!

The key to happiness, is being content with where you are. ;)

hkshooter

Post by hkshooter »

oldmangraybeard wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:50 pm
No update/excuses in days, not back home. Seems no shits are given. Get used to forum hell. Went from outdated to antiquated. Nice upgrade.

idsubgun

Post by idsubgun »

hkshooter wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:22 pm
oldmangraybeard wrote:
No update/excuses in days, not back home. Seems no shits are given. Get used to forum hell. Went from outdated to antiquated. Nice upgrade.
I'm sure there's room for one more at ArfCom if you're that unhappy here.

Jen will work it out. Give her time.

oldmangraybeard

Post by oldmangraybeard »

Plenty of withdrawal, but patiently waiting......Jen will git-'r-done!

hkshooter

Post by hkshooter »

idsubgun wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:49 pm
hkshooter wrote:
oldmangraybeard wrote:

She's had a month and a half. I have patience but this is plain stupid. Sorry if there are those who disagree, dont intend to hurt their delicate feelings. You won't find me insulting those who don't agree.

Hopdevil2020

Post by Hopdevil2020 »

I guess she is knee deep and feels the same non update-update is just more frustrating? If it were a pay site only I could be more chapped too, but it's a great free source we all have come to love.

Pretty Please get it fixed. :)

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

hkshooter wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:06 pm
idsubgun wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:49 pm
hkshooter wrote:

She's had a month and a half. I have patience but this is plain stupid. Sorry if there are those who disagree, dont intend to hurt their delicate feelings. You won't find me insulting those who don't agree.
Relax, the lady works a regular job, I suspect she has a family, this is a side job, which provides a very nice service for a whole lotta of folks and has for a long time.
Just think of it as a 12 month combat tour, one where your plt daddy comes along one day out of the blue and tells you to get your narrow little ass on the copter and go home early.
The one nice thing about this, the marketplace will be full of goodies people have not sold over the last few weeks, ones they found while home on this virus hoax shit.
I found a lotta of wood for sets, picked up some nice stuff, taking my time, getting ready to get stuff out to folks once we reopen up normal.
Like everyone else, I click on the site, hoping it reopens back to normal, but this is what we got, it will get back to normal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,one day.:)LOL

tac-40

Post by tac-40 »

One thing we all need to remember, she has two web sites to fix and not just one. She got one back up and running and from what I understand, she is knee deep in fixing issues that keep popping up. Seems the AK guys CAN break an anvil. Nothing major, but those "little issues" do add up to a lot of time to identify the cause and fix it. Plus, she has a regular bill paying job that takes most of her time.

The Falfilers are lucky. We only have one thing to bitch about and that is when is the "new" Files coming back on line?. The AK guys are said to be complaining about everything. The nice thing about this whole mess is we won't have to deal with the starts and stops of the "new" FalFiles, because all of the problems will have been corrected on the AK side.

MI redneck

Post by MI redneck »

tac-40 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:22 pm
One thing we all need to remember, she has two web sites to fix and not just one. She got one back up and running and from what I understand, she is knee deep in fixing issues that keep popping up. Seems the AK guys CAN break an anvil. Nothing major, but those "little issues" do add up to a lot of time to identify the cause and fix it. Plus, she has a regular bill paying job that takes most of her time.

The Falfilers are lucky. We only have one thing to bitch about and that is when is the "new" Files coming back on line?. The AK guys are said to be complaining about everything. The nice thing about this whole mess is we won't have to deal with the starts and stops of the "new" FalFiles, because all of the problems will have been corrected on the AK side.
👍

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

This ain't that bad, some of them AK folks seem like pretty good sorts, never would have met up with them had this not happened, and nope, will never go onto AK files, hanging out here, made a lotta of folks appreciate WEG more and more everyday.:)LOL

MI redneck

Post by MI redneck »

The new software is a huge upgrade over the old board. I hope you guys will find it worth the wait.

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

MI redneck wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:51 pm
The new software is a huge upgrade over the old board. I hope you guys will find it worth the wait.
Some of the guys here, are still looking for the "on" button for their lap tops!!!!!! :lol:

MI redneck

Post by MI redneck »

yellowhand wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:55 pm
MI redneck wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:51 pm
Some of the guys here, are still looking for the "on" button for their lap tops!!!!!! :lol:
Same guys that still have a VCR with the clock flashing. :mrgreen: