Izhmash Saiga from European Union

Anything and Everything AK Related
tAKticalOperatorCRO

Izhmash Saiga from European Union

Post by tAKticalOperatorCRO »

Hey folks. I was active on AK47 subforum of original AK Files from where I was getting my knowledge about some things regarding AKs I couldn't get over here in Europe since AK community is somewhat smaller, 28 different languages in official use in the Union and nothing similiar like you folks over the pond. Since I know you all like original Russian armament I'll post some pictures of my Saiga project you could say. I'll start with some older pictures and go to present, I could say present day since I'll finally got my last parts ordered from Russia almost 3 months ago.

Some general info: EU Saigas come in few dozen configurations. I got version Saiga M3-Exp 01 which is 1:1 copy of original Izhmash produced AK-103 chambered in 7.62x39. CHF chrome lined barrel, gas block and chamber. Full auto safety. From the factory it excepts all AK mags. I tried Magpul MOEs and Gen 3s, Zastava steel mags, original Saiga mags and new 103s polymer mags. Fitment of the mag of any kind is with zero wooble, I mean it, it's tight as an virgin If you know what I mean. Side folding polymer buttstock and 74 type brake identical to full auto military version. Bayonet lug is not milled all the way to except bayonets but it can be done without any problem. Only small difference is that end of gas piston is not milled but is left rounded.

esh21167

Re: Izhmash Saiga from European Union

Post by esh21167 »

My eyes are turning very green, lol.

We'll never see those on this side of the pond in the land of 'shall not be infringed.'

Kalashnikovologist

Post by Kalashnikovologist »

Beautiful rifle! What did this cost you?

FloridaAKM

Post by FloridaAKM »

Thanks for posting the pictures for those of use who will never be able to see one in person.

allesennogwat

Post by allesennogwat »

If possible, please post a well lighted photo or two of the riveted bullet guide.

Solidsnack

Post by Solidsnack »

That looks like 2 different rifles. The top pics have no mag well dimples but the bottom one does have one. That's odd. What's up with that?

deadduck357

Post by deadduck357 »

Solidsnack wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:30 pm
That looks like 2 different rifles. The top pics have no mag well dimples but the bottom one does have one. That's odd. What's up with that?
Yep two different rifles.

Micropeenus

Post by Micropeenus »

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.