Post by Jen »

Anyone have any opinions vs the romarm ones? Contemplating keeping one to SBR 😎
US Dracos
US Dracos
IMG_6899.jpg (70.93 KiB) Viewed 4612 times

bondmen

Re: Century US Dracos

Post by bondmen »

Bloody hell Jen that's quite a stash you have there! I think the originals from Romania are better because they are from a military arsenal. But they seem to be in very short supply currently and getting high prices on GunBroke.

frankinnola

Post by frankinnola »

If you find any of the following over a CA clone:
1) Milled SAM
2) Draco
3) Zastava Arms ZPAP92 AK47 1.5MM Pistol
4) WBP Lynx

or see about an AoA pistol kit then wait for a receiver.
https://armsofamerica.com/wbp/headspaced-kits/pistol/

Jen
Site Admin

Post by Jen »

frankinnola wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:15 am
If you find any of the following over a CA clone:
1) Milled SAM
2) Draco
3) Zastava Arms ZPAP92 AK47 1.5MM Pistol
4) WBP Lynx

or see about an AoA pistol kit then wait for a receiver.
https://armsofamerica.com/wbp/headspaced-kits/pistol/
Finding any of those right now is somewhat unlikely :(

frankinnola

Post by frankinnola »

I know maybe try getting on notification list for Atlantic and Arms of America. Atlantic got in some this weekend and they sold out by Sunday night (WBP and Zastava 1.5)

Jen
Site Admin

Post by Jen »

Frank - Kits I have, including two Krinks, it's time to build them I'm lacking :(

Hadn't heard anything bad about the US Draco, other than it's not a Romanian. It actually feels prett good, even Trigger isn't half bad, though I'd throw a ALG in there anyways.

def90

Post by def90 »

If it’s made by Century in the US I’d be leary..

hoovdizzle

Post by hoovdizzle »

i wouldn't risk stamping anything US made by Century. throw a brace on it in case it self destructs.

frankinnola

Post by frankinnola »

before I would go with CA Draco, I would go with a PSA AK pistol

ninjamateo

Post by ninjamateo »

If century made it don't touch it.
If they imported it you are safe.
So another words don't throw your money away.

Jen
Site Admin

Post by Jen »

frankinnola wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:59 pm
before I would go with CA Draco, I would go with a PSA AK pistol
Ouch 🔥 😂

Snipechief

Post by Snipechief »

I've got the Century Arms V2 Classic AK Pistol (milled) for a month now, and I can't put it down. I've had more fun with this thing than any other weapon I've ever owned. I've been into the AR Platform for over 40 years which includes 20 in the Military. I didn't know a thing about AK's, and didn't think I would like them.
I know it's not an East Block gun, but I'm digging it.
I clean and inspect all parts after each range session. I have no wear on the parts that have been exploited as bad all over the internet. I will never subject my pistol to the kind of abuse shown on the internet, and seriously doubt anybody else does either. I've shot a case of rounds through this weapon, and can't wait to shoot more. I'm going to go broke buying ammo. I take care of my weapons, and I'll be real surprised if this pistol let's me down. For a pistol with no brace ( which I don't want), and I know a brace is not a stock , it's pretty darn accurate. If I want a gun with a stock I would have bought the rifle. It goes with me in my SXS , and pickup everywhere. That's what I bought it for, but it also serves has a nice close quarters home defense gun. Fireballs are awesome!

frankinnola

Post by frankinnola »

tombstone has some Zpap with brace in stock for $1K
https://www.tombstonetactical.com/zpap9 ... 30rd-black

giantpune

Post by giantpune »

Not sure if Jen's pulling our leg or not.
The USA made dracos are made by the same people and parts used to make the ras47 and VSKA. Since you have access to the boards, check out the sticky in the AK rifles section with all the century guns shitting a hole right through the bed.

Barrel is like 10.5" on the US one rather than 12.5"on the import. Initial fit and finish will look better than the romanian guns. But I think after you start shooting them, the romanian guns will keep looking the same, the Century made one will beat itself to death and important parts will break. If century knew how to make a trunnion and a bolt, we would have have seen it by now.

nalioth

Post by nalioth »

giantpune wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:48 pm
I know, right?
giantpune wrote:
The USA made dracos are made by the same people and parts used to make the ras47 and VSKA. Since you have access to the boards, check out the sticky in the AK rifles section with all the century guns shitting a hole right through the bed.
With Kalashnikovs, import beats domestic almost every single time (there are niche cases)

Jen
Site Admin

Post by Jen »

giantpune wrote:

Barrel is like 10.5" on the US one rather than 12.5"on the import. Initial fit and finish will look better than the romanian guns. But I think after you start shooting them, the romanian guns will keep looking the same, the Century made one will beat itself to death and important parts will break. If century knew how to make a trunnion and a bolt, we would have have seen it by now.
:lol: Not pulling your leg, was just looking for a quick opinion before I drop some NFA paperwork. Honestly, I just want a beater to throw in the car. Didn't even think to look on the forum since I actually have access and such :lol:

nalioth

Post by nalioth »

Jen wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:29 pm
giantpune wrote:

:lol: Not pulling your leg, was just looking for a quick opinion before I drop some NFA paperwork. Honestly, I just want a beater to throw in the car. Didn't even think to look on the forum since I actually have access and such :lol:
If you go with a Century-built "Draco", you'll very likely end up with a nicely machined cudgel.

giantpune

Post by giantpune »

If you were only asking about a disposable saturday-night-special type of gun, I'm sure the US draco would be fine. Probably easily good for 500 or a thousand rounds.

I wouldn't pick one for an NFA item. If you started shooting the thing now, by the time your stamp came in in a month, the gun would be right about at the end of its service life.

El Trollo Mejor

Post by El Trollo Mejor »

With respect, I would rather throw rocks than use anything built by Century

Japanese Type 97

Post by Japanese Type 97 »

Jen wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:27 am
Frank - Kits I have, including two Krinks, it's time to build them I'm lacking :(

Hadn't heard anything bad about the US Draco, other than it's not a Romanian. It actually feels prett good, even Trigger isn't half bad, though I'd throw a ALG in there anyways.
Well if you’re not gonna build em you can sell em for probably 3 times what you have into them like everyone else.

boutcha

Post by boutcha »

I honestly thought Jen's OP was a joke.

I been so busy, I hadn't checked AK availability/prices for a couple months....Ouch!
HOW CAN THE LEFT LEAD A COUNTRY THEY HATE?

Jen
Site Admin

Post by Jen »

boutcha wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:35 am
I honestly thought Jen's OP was a joke.

I been so busy, I hadn't checked AK availability/prices for a couple months....Ouch!
No, was just looking at that us draco because it was 1. Available and 2. Cheaper than the other options I'd prefer, especially right now. Just don't have any experience with them and was hoping the newer production stuff had improved. I still remember that abortion of an HK 91 Receiver that you literally used a dremel to modify it to assemble your HK91 kit. 🤢 I generally stay away from century stuff, but that pile was calling to me.

I will say that while they may be steaming piles of 💩 , that they are very nicely polished piles of 💩

0DARK30

Post by 0DARK30 »

Fwiw, my century draco is now on year four, no fails no bad signs/odd wear, and appropriately accurate w micro rds/railed gas tube setup.

Snipechief

Post by Snipechief »

My Century V2 Classic AK Pistol runs good. No wear problems. I've got a range on my property, and it gets used a lot. I use Lucas Red tacky bearing grease lightly applied to most parts. I've got buckets full of spent 39 case's. If this Century is a POS, it's a POS that runs, and shoots well.
I'd like to see some pictures of bolts on E. Block guns that have 1K or more of rounds through it. I'd post some pictures, but for some reason I can't. Maybe it's because im newb on the forum. IDK. I'll share some pics of mine as soon as I can figure this out.

nalioth

Post by nalioth »

Snipechief wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:23 pm
My Century V2 Classic AK Pistol runs good. No wear problems. I've got a range on my property, and it gets used a lot. I use Lucas Red tacky bearing grease lightly applied to most parts. I've got buckets full of spent 39 case's. If this Century is a POS, it's a POS that runs, and shoots well.
I'd like to see some pictures of bolts on E. Block guns that have 1K or more of rounds through it. I'd post some pictures, but for some reason I can't. Maybe it's because im newb on the forum. IDK. I'll share some pics of mine as soon as I can figure this out.
A broken clock is right twice a day.