PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Anything and Everything AK Related
deadduck357
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:22 am

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by deadduck357 »

Cynicles wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:37 am


Any idea what the difference between the E and the 103 are, functionally speaking....or otherwise.
Basically the 103s 74 type front sight assembly, it has muzzle device threads on it. The E is thread on the barrel.

The 103 has 90° gas block, E has a FS/GB combo.I

The E comes with a NiB BCG, and a ALG AKT trigger.

Funkerman23
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:13 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by Funkerman23 »

no2allstars wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:58 pm
Funkerman23 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:20 am
If possible, could we get any detail pics of the Muzzle brake & FSB they shipped with the 103? I love what I see, but I am still curious.
Image

Image

Sorry for the inside photos. I took them real quick before I boxed it up. PSA has sent me a return label and is going to take care of the loose/wobbly stock.
First: Thank you very very much for the pics!! Bless you!
My God... it looks like they copied the AK-74 brake in true form. I am VERY happy to see that! I'm gonna guess they went with half moon cuts?

Azov_Battalion
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:26 am

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by Azov_Battalion »

Any updates on when the next batch will be released?

andrewmk
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:27 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by andrewmk »

I picked up my 103 and I have an issue with the mag latch i believe.... not accepting most magazines. The first mag I tried inserting was a loaded 40 round surplus which did not click in and got stuck which required a lot of work to get back out. The pmag, pmag metal lips, various surplus dont fit in. It fits Romanian drum and cheap korean mags with thinner locking lugs AND the magazine included which was a regular pmag, which is blowing my mind as my regular pmags do not fit. I have a palmetto gen 3 ak comparing both side to side with the 103 I notice the gen 3 latch is a bit more "filed down" having just a big enough gap to lock in every mag i have and works without issue.

Spoke to my gunsmith and he said we could file down the latch to the same specs as the gen 3s. Really bummed about this , should i try and send back to palmetto or take it to gunsmith so i can have it back within days instead of months ???

Nev
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:04 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by Nev »

andrewmk wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:35 pm
I picked up my 103 and I have an issue with the mag latch i believe.... not accepting most magazines. The first mag I tried inserting was a loaded 40 round surplus which did not click in and got stuck which required a lot of work to get back out. The pmag, pmag metal lips, various surplus dont fit in. It fits Romanian drum and cheap korean mags with thinner locking lugs AND the magazine included which was a regular pmag, which is blowing my mind as my regular pmags do not fit. I have a palmetto gen 3 ak comparing both side to side with the 103 I notice the gen 3 latch is a bit more "filed down" having just a big enough gap to lock in every mag i have and works without issue.

Spoke to my gunsmith and he said we could file down the latch to the same specs as the gen 3s. Really bummed about this , should i try and send back to palmetto or take it to gunsmith so i can have it back within days instead of months ???
Check with Palmetto first, for all of us. Sucks for you, but see what they say or think. Don't like their answer? Work with your gunsmith and report back. Thanks for the info.

no2allstars
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:31 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by no2allstars »

I dont know what they will say, but they won't have it for months if its warranty work. They sent me an overnight prepaid ups label. I shipped it Wednesday at 4pm. They got it today (thursday), said they fixed it, and it is supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow (friday) by noon. Less than 48 hours turn around. Hopefully they took care of the stock and put the smooth dust cover on it. If its fixed, then I'd say thats some good customer service...

andrewmk
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:27 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by andrewmk »

wow thats
no2allstars wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:02 am
I dont know what they will say, but they won't have it for months if its warranty work. They sent me an overnight prepaid ups label. I shipped it Wednesday at 4pm. They got it today (thursday), said they fixed it, and it is supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow (friday) by noon. Less than 48 hours turn around. Hopefully they took care of the stock and put the smooth dust cover on it. If its fixed, then I'd say thats some good customer service...
wow! that's good to hear. Did you try any magazines in yours before you sent it for repair?

Booger68
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:22 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by Booger68 »

Never got the email that it was in stock. Shit

Cynicles
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:03 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by Cynicles »

:!:
Last edited by Cynicles on Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

7mmRemMag
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:14 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by 7mmRemMag »

Got mine during the initial run on Friday, a side-folder.

Cosmetically, it’s about as flawless an AK as I’ve ever owned. It blows my GF3 out of the water, but the GF3 has functioned without issue, so I’m not complaining.

Mine is tight all the way around. Everything fits and operates perfectly. Gas tube lever is snug but not crazy tight, gas tube slides up and out with minimal effort. The top cover comes off with just a hint of effort, and is the proper smooth version. Safety has the proper tension. Rear sight leaf has perfect tension. Trigger is a bit long but breaks crisp. Rivets are perfect. Mags are snug but so far everything fits from Magpul to Bulgarian polymer, to Bulgarian steel. Very minimal wobble on the steel even. ZERO wobble on all polys. The piston has a slight wobble. The bolt and carrier slide right in smoothly. My front sight tower is centered at least visually. Lining things up with my naked eye, I see absolutely no cant. And I’m a person who will look at sight towers for an hour looking for the slightest cant (OCD). 74 style brake is fairly snug with juuuust barely any movement. The stock is TIGHT and almost difficult to release. No wobble. Locks up tight when folded.

Trust me, I’m usually the guy that gets the gun with bad QC, and I have no complaints about my 103. Whoever put mine together did a great job, sincerely. I was expecting a couple of minor things to be off, but I am truly impressed with the rifle I got.
Attachments
E053C1BF-AD22-4382-B03B-4CA8B85D5572.jpeg
E053C1BF-AD22-4382-B03B-4CA8B85D5572.jpeg (100.69 KiB) Viewed 411 times

cr445671
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:52 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by cr445671 »

no2allstars wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:26 am
Image

Image

Image

Image

Also not sure about the cutout for the stock release.

I do like the new small logo a lot.

The first thread I ever started was me suggesting they delete the side logos on all their rifles and go to a makers mark on the front trunion, in fact me wanting to suggest that to them is the entire reason I registered for akfiles in the first place. Anyone who remembers that particular thread will remember the files was non too pleased. I guess I don't know whether or not they got the ideas from me, but I'm glad they have now gone with both of them, it looks really good.

7mmRemMag
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:14 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by 7mmRemMag »

cr445671 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:04 pm
no2allstars wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:26 am
Image

Image

Image

Image

Also not sure about the cutout for the stock release.

I do like the new small logo a lot.

The first thread I ever started was me suggesting they delete the side logos on all their rifles and go to a makers mark on the front trunion, in fact me wanting to suggest that to them is the entire reason I registered for akfiles in the first place. Anyone who remembers that particular thread will remember the files was non too pleased. I guess I don't know whether or not they got the ideas from me, but I'm glad they have now gone with both of them, it looks really good.
The new logo is great. It’s my understanding only the side folders got it, at least in the initial batch.

deadduck357
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:22 am

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by deadduck357 »

7mmRemMag wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:43 pm


The new logo is great. It’s my understanding only the side folders got it, at least in the initial batch.
Correct. My 103 doesn't have it :cry:

cr445671
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:52 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by cr445671 »

I wonder if it's going to be a just 103 thing or all of 'em eventually, pending use of old stock.
Kinda like how the no side logo ended up going.

7mmRemMag
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:14 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by 7mmRemMag »

cr445671 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:01 am
I wonder if it's going to be a just 103 thing or all of 'em eventually, pending use of old stock.
Kinda like how the no side logo ended up going.
I could be mistaken, but I think I recall them saying that eventually all AK’s would move to the smaller logo on the trunnion.

That said, I think they should have done it for ALL the 103’s. Non-folding included. Because they literally sell every AK they put online, I’m pretty sure the old stock will be gone regardless.

They’ve already planned to do away with the side logo on the GF3. Mine has it and it’s only about 4-5 weeks old. I don’t mind, but the triangle logo on the trunnion looks way cooler.

no2allstars
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:31 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by no2allstars »

Cynicles wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:40 am
no2allstars wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:02 am
I dont know what they will say, but they won't have it for months if its warranty work. They sent me an overnight prepaid ups label. I shipped it Wednesday at 4pm. They got it today (thursday), said they fixed it, and it is supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow (friday) by noon. Less than 48 hours turn around. Hopefully they took care of the stock and put the smooth dust cover on it. If its fixed, then I'd say thats some good customer service...
"They won't have it for months if its warranty work" followed by "[they] said they fixed it...Less than 48 hours turn around."

Kind of confusing there. We'll take that as you sent it, then got it back in no time.
It's PSA, they use the first few offerings as the testers control group. No surprise they are going to bend over backwards to fix you up pronto.
They are looking to garner a reputation as a top, if not the top, US manufacturer of arms that the market craves (unless they are dense).

If PSA does it right, by producing a top grade USA made AK while maintaining an established reputation for backing up their product, they will soon own the US marketplace. That's what I would do If I was in the drivers seat, alas I am not. 8-)
Mine was in response to andrewmk asking about whether or not he should send his back and wait months to get it back. I should have quoted him. I meant that I don't know what psa will say about his magwell being to tight, but it won't take months to get warranty work back from PSA. Mine took less than 36 hours

no2allstars
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:31 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by no2allstars »

andrewmk wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:55 pm
wow thats
no2allstars wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:02 am
I dont know what they will say, but they won't have it for months if its warranty work. They sent me an overnight prepaid ups label. I shipped it Wednesday at 4pm. They got it today (thursday), said they fixed it, and it is supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow (friday) by noon. Less than 48 hours turn around. Hopefully they took care of the stock and put the smooth dust cover on it. If its fixed, then I'd say thats some good customer service...
wow! that's good to hear. Did you try any magazines in yours before you sent it for repair?
I have it back already. The proper serialized smooth dust cover is with it, but the stock is still a little loose. I have tried different mags and they all fit in mine just fine. Bakelite and surplus steel have a little play, but are perfectly fine. The pmags fit the snuggest

andrewmk
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:27 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by andrewmk »

no2allstars wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:53 pm
andrewmk wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:55 pm
no2allstars wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:02 am


I have it back already. The proper serialized smooth dust cover is with it, but the stock is still a little loose. I have tried different mags and they all fit in mine just fine. Bakelite and surplus steel have a little play, but are perfectly fine. The pmags fit the snuggest
nice, wish my mags fit my pmags wont even lock in except the one that came with it lol

Cynicles
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:03 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by Cynicles »

no2allstars wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:37 pm
Cynicles wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:40 am
no2allstars wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:02 am
I dont know what they will say, but they won't have it for months if its warranty work. They sent me an overnight prepaid ups label. I shipped it Wednesday at 4pm. They got it today (thursday), said they fixed it, and it is supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow (friday) by noon. Less than 48 hours turn around. Hopefully they took care of the stock and put the smooth dust cover on it. If its fixed, then I'd say thats some good customer service...
"They won't have it for months if its warranty work" followed by "[they] said they fixed it...Less than 48 hours turn around."

Kind of confusing there. We'll take that as you sent it, then got it back in no time.
It's PSA, they use the first few offerings as the testers control group. No surprise they are going to bend over backwards to fix you up pronto.
They are looking to garner a reputation as a top, if not the top, US manufacturer of arms that the market craves (unless they are dense).

If PSA does it right, by producing a top grade USA made AK while maintaining an established reputation for backing up their product, they will soon own the US marketplace. That's what I would do If I was in the drivers seat, alas I am not. 8-)
Mine was in response to andrewmk asking about whether or not he should send his back and wait months to get it back. I should have quoted him. I meant that I don't know what psa will say about his magwell being to tight, but it won't take months to get warranty work back from PSA. Mine took less than 36 hours
Yeah, I caught that after I posted.

Cynicles
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:03 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by Cynicles »

andrewmk wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:35 pm
I picked up my 103 and I have an issue with the mag latch i believe.... not accepting most magazines. The first mag I tried inserting was a loaded 40 round surplus which did not click in and got stuck which required a lot of work to get back out. The pmag, pmag metal lips, various surplus dont fit in. It fits Romanian drum and cheap korean mags with thinner locking lugs AND the magazine included which was a regular pmag, which is blowing my mind as my regular pmags do not fit. I have a palmetto gen 3 ak comparing both side to side with the 103 I notice the gen 3 latch is a bit more "filed down" having just a big enough gap to lock in every mag i have and works without issue.

Spoke to my gunsmith and he said we could file down the latch to the same specs as the gen 3s. Really bummed about this , should i try and send back to palmetto or take it to gunsmith so i can have it back within days instead of months ???
New Bulgarian and all plastic pmags no problem.
My one korean mag worked. The mag is junk (shitty product), relegated to collecting dust now.
The steel reinforced pmags will not lock. Same issue that you mentioned.

The kick is laughable, there is next to none (for an AK). Likely the 74 break.

The action is smooth, so smooth. Breezed through around 200 rounds yesterday.
About half way through there was a problem, a shell stovepiped. The shell was not ejected, the next round chambered.

Problem with the ejector?

Have had stovepipes before, but never with a round being chambered.

andrewmk
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:27 pm

Re: PSA AK103 Friday at 4pm

Post by andrewmk »

palmetto got back to me so im hoping i get a shipping label soon and they figure it out , i really want to shoot this and feel that non existent kick lol. IMO all pmags should fit in USA made AKS without issue , that should be the standard . If snug pmags fit, everything should fit after that is figured out.

Post Reply