How to BZO a FAL

Anything and Everything FN/FAL related

How to BZO a FAL

Post by 2336 »

Folks, I might be beating a dead horse, but wanted to verify how to BZO a FAL. I've got a metric FAL, that I need to zero and need your valued input! I know that a lot of BZO methods zero at 25 meters/not the 1000 inch range and wanted to get some info on how to BZO a metric FAL.

Re: How to BZO a FAL

Post by 2336 »

C'mon guys, let me know. I need this rifle sighted in ASAP.

hkshooter

Post by hkshooter »

WTF is BZO? Mall ninja much? Stop trying to be all tactical and shit and speak English.

Mainer

Post by Mainer »

BZO = Battle Zero I assume.

I don't know what the "procedure" is but a FAL sighted to 0.0" at 25 yds will be zero'd at 200 yds, at least according to the trajectory chart.
25 yds. 0.0"
50 yds. 1.1"
100 yds. 2.3"
150 yds. 2.0"
200 yds. 0.0"
250 yds. -3.9"
300 yds. -9.8"

gunplumber

Post by gunplumber »

for the L1A1, it's 1" low at 25 yds with the rear sight at lowest setting (300 yds)

I use the same for FALS with rear sight on 200m lowest setting.

Invictus77

Post by Invictus77 »

I sight almost all rifle calibers in, starting first at zero around 25-30 yards which puts me on paper at 100.

I then sight in about 2.5" high at 100 yards. This puts me +/- 3" or so out to 250ish which will kill a deer or clang a steel plate if I do my part.

Long range paper punching is not my thing. I'm sure guys that do that have better ways, but this works for what I do. YMMV.

Gutshot

Post by Gutshot »

2336 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:16 am
Folks, I might be beating a dead horse, but wanted to verify how to BZO a FAL. I've got a metric FAL, that I need to zero and need your valued input! I know that a lot of BZO methods zero at 25 meters/not the 1000 inch range and wanted to get some info on how to BZO a metric FAL.
http://www.shooterscalculator.com/balli ... eate+Chart+

Hebrew Battle Rifles

Post by Hebrew Battle Rifles »

hkshooter wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:14 pm
WTF is BZO? Mall ninja much? Stop trying to be all tactical and shit and speak English.
In boot camp I was taught that BZO was short for battle sight zero.
There are no such things as enough time, money, or ammo.

Woodpusherpro!

Post by Woodpusherpro! »

hkshooter wrote:
Quit being an asshole if you have nothing helpful.

Google MPBR (maximum point blank range) calculator and a ballistic calculator and you will get some very useful info. Depending on your preferred target size will lengthen or shorten your MPBR.

Here is one:
http://www.shooterscalculator.com/point-blank-range.php

Woodpusherpro!

Post by Woodpusherpro! »

And I see someone nailed it in their post above before I replied.

hkshooter

Post by hkshooter »

Woodpusherpro! wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:27 pm
hkshooter wrote:

Google MPBR (maximum point blank range) calculator and a ballistic calculator and you will get some very useful info. Depending on your preferred target size will lengthen or shorten your MPBR.

Here is one:
I may have had something helpful had your question made sense. Now I see it's more important for you to defend you mall-ninja-ness than offering an explanation for something not everyone has seen. Shows you MUST be an AKFiles member, in great standing, no doubt.
Let's see, mall ninja? Check.
"Tactical" acronyms? Check. BTW, that makes BZO a subject, not a verb.
Red ass over thin skin being breached? Check.
Name calling on the internet? Check.

You're off to a good start, Sparky. Keep it up.

Maxaks

Post by Maxaks »

hkshooter wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:37 pm
Woodpusherpro! wrote:
hkshooter wrote:

Here is one:
I may have had something helpful had your question made sense. Now I see it's more important for you to defend you mall-ninja-ness than offering an explanation for something not everyone has seen. Shows you MUST be an AKFiles member, in great standing, no doubt.

:lol:
Ak files side nice!

OP 50 yards sight in puts you close at 300 yards

I use sterlok app for figuring scope adjustment but I'll have to try the ballistic calculator link that looked slick

Invictus77

Post by Invictus77 »

Woodpusherpro! wrote:
Google MPBR (maximum point blank range)
I would guess if there is a "maximum" it would be around 6 feet, but already I understand the basic concept of "point blank" and don't feel the need to Google every little detail myself. YMMV.

Apparently, your mileage does vary. If you find an official MPBR (maximum point blank range) then please let us know. I'm sure it will be helpful for many.

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

If your battle field,,is a jungle, desert, city/town/rural, heavy forested, lightly forested, six foot tall brush like here,,all have a far different battle field zero.
One size does not fit all.:)LOL
My first in harms way,,40/50 yards, poa, the middle one, 75 yards poa, and the last one, thank G-D, 300 yds poa.
This was all with an M16.

A "deer" or "Javalina" hunting zero here may be 100/150 yards. Standing upright, in a blind, up a tree stand, etc.

A "Battlefield" zero here,,maybe 50/75 yards,,,and how do you determine a "battlefield" zero here,anywhere in fact,walk out your front door about 10 feet, lay flat down on your belly, and see just how far you can see anything,,maybe 50 yards here.
Move down the road 1/2 mile, be prepared to adjust your battlefield zero.

All this discussion,,about some, perfect battlefield zero, to engage targets, from zero to 600 yds, ain't really used that much, terrain, how far you can actually see something to kill, sets up your weapon.
On paper it looks good,,but in reality, shot placement, head shots preferably, ends gun battles between men.

For a "battlefield zero" location/terrain determines where to set your sights for POA, not Ponies of America, but point of aim, on some deserving bastards head.

Hunting (game animals) zero's are far different than battlefield zero's (hunting men),,who will shoot back at your ass.

Deer hunting would be great "sport" if Bambi were armed with an M203 grenade launcher. LOL

raubvogel

Post by raubvogel »

When I first read the thread I thought BZO = bisou, which led me to think "why woudl he want to kiss a FAL?". And then the first thing that popped in my mind was

Gw104

Post by Gw104 »

2.5 inches high at 100 yards, good to go.

aardq

Post by aardq »

Hi 2336,

You were EOD? My hat is off to you!

Dan, 2847

def90

Post by def90 »

I always just set the sight on the 200 setting and zero it at 200 which translates roughly to being on target at 25 yds and 200 yds and something like 2 inches high at 100. Then just use the rear sight leaf slider as intended. Why make it any more difficult than that?

AKMStoy

Post by AKMStoy »

Hold your horses everyone I'm an expert at ate up things. Besides if he was EOD there is a possible reason he was put in EOD. The first object of untangling this mess is getting everyone to realize where they went off track into a dead end canyon of echoing wrongs. Okay instead of sitting here laughing about what guys think they learned when muscle failured in basic training for being wrong when everything is wrong except knocking out pushups I'll explain.

Battle Sight Zero doesn't concern any ranges to fire at. It is taking a zeroed rifle sights from zero to their adjustment limits, recording the number of clicks, then dialing them back to what zero should be. The battle sight zero numbers you'd put in your butt plate or elsewhere is so if replacing sights or you want to make sure you are back to regular zero and dismantling or some fool excuse the army give you can dial back to your regular zero. Battle sight zero is the act of being zeroed then jacking your sights up by running them to the adjustment ends and writing the number of clicks down. It is one of the stupidest practices the army has because it wears the parkerizing off screws loosening tolerances and setting front and rear sights up to change zero under recoil.

If you have ever used an AR15 or type sights and wondered why 3 shot groups have 1 flier check your front sight for ability to be diddled a little left and right and how secure your rear sight leaf is. If you do have looseness try sight black to paint the thread areas to lock them tight.

Did I mention battle sight zero isn't the range you fire the rifle for zero? :)
Cry havoc let slip the dogs of war

Gw104

Post by Gw104 »

Sure can tell who is FAL and who is ak. FAL guys give the correct info. AK guys talk mostly crap. HK called it right, mall ninjas

Woodpusherpro!

Post by Woodpusherpro! »

hkshooter wrote:
Woodpusherpro! wrote:
hkshooter wrote:

Here is one:

Im not the op, dumbass. Reading comprehension is critical, and google is easy and fast to look up acronyms that you may not be familiar with. Take your heart pills and calm down, dipshit.
Gw104 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:18 pm
Sure can tell who is FAL and who is ak. FAL guys give the correct info. AK guys talk mostly crap. HK called it right, mall ninjas
Wrong. You have provided no useful information and have interjected on a subject which you have zero wisdom about.
Last edited by Woodpusherpro! on Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Woodpusherpro!

Post by Woodpusherpro! »

Invictus77 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:22 am
Woodpusherpro! wrote:
Google MPBR (maximum point blank range)
I would guess if there is a "maximum" it would be around 6 feet, but already I understand the basic concept of "point blank" and don't feel the need to Google every little detail myself. YMMV.

Apparently, your mileage does vary. If you find an official MPBR (maximum point blank range) then please let us know. I'm sure it will be helpful for many.
MPBR is different for each scenario, by means of trajectory of a particular cartridge and rifle combination, sight over bore, and target radius.

Here's a screenshot of a similiar setup of a typical ar15 using xm193 ammunition, for those who are too lazy and with a bad attitude to educate yourself:

fly

Post by fly »

Maxaks wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:20 am
hkshooter wrote:
Woodpusherpro! wrote:

Here is one:

AKFiler's and Sparky all in one mix ...Blahahahahahhahah

Don't you just love these 2 site's as one for ever ?

:lol:
Ak files side nice!

OP 50 yards sight in puts you close at 300 yards

I use sterlok app for figuring scope adjustment but I'll have to try the ballistic calculator link that looked slick

hkshooter

Post by hkshooter »

oops
Last edited by hkshooter on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

hkshooter

Post by hkshooter »

Woodpusherpro! wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:26 pm
hkshooter wrote:
Woodpusherpro! wrote:

Here is one:

Woodpusherpro! wrote:
Im not the op, dumbass. Reading comprehension is critical, and google is easy and fast to look up acronyms that you may not be familiar with. Take your heart pills and calm down, dipshit.
Excuse me all to hell. :lol:
Doesn't change the fact of what I said which is also reinforced by this most recent additions to the name calling. You really should get our of your momma's basement more and see the sun. It'll put some color in your skin. :D
Ah, and you wanted to feel better to badly you sent me a PM to be sure I'd see your fish flopping attempt to make it so. :lol: Now I feel special.
:D