Anything and Everything FN/FAL related
SmokeEater2

Re: NOS Type 3 FN receiver

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Nursing home? :cry:

aardq

Post by aardq »

Is this the FAL forum, or did I get transferred to barf.com, or the AK forums?

ismith

Post by ismith »

If anyone is planning on listing a decent FN kit for sale when the Files come back online let me know, I’d be interested!

D_Lehrman

Post by D_Lehrman »

I've got a 97% 50.63 kit, should have been where you started - with a bunch of Belgian kit parts on-hand. You don't like my view of things, but truth is the Imbels are finished nicer than Belgian as type IIIs, that can't be avoided. I could lay out a nice 50.00 model kit as well...just not ready at this time. Lemme think it a bit, I've also one last SAR48 receiver it can go on too and may take that route, think, think, think. Due to my medical condition, don't bother with email or PM. I'll drop YOU a line if the think falls your way.

Chuckling as he walks back to his corner. You'll have as much in the build as a real one and never see the value excepting as a keeper for yourself. Have a nice day...you won't fight off many offers like I MAY make. I'm stage four carcinoma and in/out of hospital and if I need references to prove myself it's not worth it at all to deal. I was FALer #10 on this site and been here years and years with never a bad deal in the time. Lot of things to consider selling kits/parts as I'm cleaning up complete guns to save some hastle for my wife. Just the way it is in the last six weeks and it won't get better much. Sorry you got ahead of yourself truly, I've filled the same shoes years ago...none of my comments are meant to be hurtful; just the way it is today.

ismith

Post by ismith »

D_Lehrman wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:02 pm
I've got a 97% 50.63 kit, should have been where you started - with a bunch of Belgian kit parts on-hand. You don't like my view of things, but truth is the Imbels are finished nicer than Belgian as type IIIs, that can't be avoided. I could lay out a nice 50.00 model kit as well...just not ready at this time. Lemme think it a bit, I've also one last SAR48 receiver it can go on too and may take that route, think, think, think. Due to my medical condition, don't bother with email or PM. I'll drop YOU a line if the think falls your way.

Chuckling as he walks back to his corner. You'll have as much in the build as a real one and never see the value excepting as a keeper for yourself. Have a nice day...you won't fight off many offers like I MAY make. I'm stage four carcinoma and in/out of hospital and if I need references to prove myself it's not worth it at all to deal. I was FALer #10 on this site and been here years and years with never a bad deal in the time. Lot of things to consider selling kits/parts as I'm cleaning up complete guns to save some hastle for my wife. Just the way it is in the last six weeks and it won't get better much. Sorry you got ahead of yourself truly, I've filled the same shoes years ago...none of my comments are meant to be hurtful; just the way it is today.
Sorry to hear about the cancer man, my family has been impacted by it in the past and it truly is an ugly sickness. Been quite a few years since I frequented the files, and I have bought and sold numerous interesting FAL/L1A1 rifles and parts. Current events being how they are, I missed my G series and BSA L1A1 and decided to pick up another battle rifle. I agree with you about the Imbels, an Imbel on Imbel is currently my only FAL. I do have a line on a couple of 50.00 kits that I once owned, if I can sweet talk the guy I sold it to out of one.

lockjaw

Post by lockjaw »

Yuri Bezmenov wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:44 pm
The members here who think paying a bunch of money for an actual FN receiver in NOS condition is "wasting dollars" are probably the same folks who think that actually paying a person to put a boiled linseed oil finish on a wood stock - a job even a literal retard with a five dollar can of oil from Lowe's can do - is "money well spent".
Many will would argue that a forged Imbel receiver is just nice, if not nicer than a late cast FN receiver. I have seen multiple examples of both, and the Imbel is the nicer receiver.

With some patience, you can find a nice factory FN for $3K or less.

While we can argue whether the FN receiver is worth $1500, it is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay for it. I think that OP got excited and pushed the button without educating himself, and will eat it. That is what Gunboker sellers do when they offer obscure items are insane high prices... they fish for suckers... and apparently, they do bite.

Obviously you have zero fucking clue what goes into nicely restoring a rifle stock. Sure, a literal retard can spray paint a car too.

ismith

Post by ismith »

lockjaw wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:32 pm
Yuri Bezmenov wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:44 pm
The members here who think paying a bunch of money for an actual FN receiver in NOS condition is "wasting dollars" are probably the same folks who think that actually paying a person to put a boiled linseed oil finish on a wood stock - a job even a literal retard with a five dollar can of oil from Lowe's can do - is "money well spent".
Many will would argue that a forged Imbel receiver is just nice, if not nicer than a late cast FN receiver. I have seen multiple examples of both, and the Imbel is the nicer receiver.

With some patience, you can find a nice factory FN for $3K or less.

While we can argue whether the FN receiver is worth $1500, it is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay for it. I think that OP got excited and pushed the button without educating himself, and will eat it. That is what Gunboker sellers do when they offer obscure items are insane high prices... they fish for suckers... and apparently, they do bite.

Obviously you have zero fucking clue what goes into nicely restoring a rifle stock. Sure, a literal retard can spray paint a car too.
You have cancer too, or are you just a crayon eating asshole?

lockjaw

Post by lockjaw »

I maybe an asshole, but you are the dumbass that doesn’t have enough balls to admit that he made made an unwise spontaneous purchase.

We have all done it... but at least most of us have the capacity to own it rather than make excuses and attack those who provide constructive criticism.

Good luck dude. I was about to offer you a hand with some parts, but I’ll put them back in the drawer with my crayons. There are plenty of guys here who could help you out. The thing is, most of these guys are set in life, and they don’t have to. Showing up and acting like a punk might get you a beat up Imbel kit for $650 though. Good luck buddy and enjoy your $1500 paper weight.

ismith

Post by ismith »

I’ve bought and sold on the files plenty of times in the past. I don’t recall ever dealing with you though, you seem like more of the AK type. Enjoy your crayons, and thanks, but I’m not interested in AK parts right now.

D_Lehrman

Post by D_Lehrman »

Really no need to be put out about personal decisions and such....I only meant to point out the Imbel when built every bit as good and nice finish as opposed the Belgian and much easier to make dollars and sense of in the longer view. Folks fall all over themselves and yes, we may have all done so. We're all just "enthusiasts" that need to reign in that enthusiasm once in a while too.

Me, I've always been a guy that it needs to make sense in dollars and cents first; move out when it does and do the thing. This one will surely make a nice gun, but to equal up it's going to be a safe queen and tie up the investment longer. There's someone out there that'll buy for the all Belgian construct too, just not optimum to take the same route. It may sound like it'll be around "forever"; but invaiably you'll not likely die with it and line your coffin, it'll sell at some point.

The board stuff and re-signin here still sux. (As an aside.) Les' not be too hard on each other - we're all we've got.

Jollyrogerf14

Post by Jollyrogerf14 »

Wow. What a giant pile of garbage this thread is!

Whatever happened to saying nothing at all if you can't say something nice? Who cares what he spent, it isn't your money.

I own a Crossman 760 pump master, and have traded several Stevens and Coast to Coast bolt action 22's for the last 25 years, so I know quality, and I once had a friend with a Hesse and we both know that those are the best FAL's out there! Everyone that likes anything that costs more than my Hi Point carbine is an idiot! It throws bullets and makes noise too, what more do you want?!

I say well done. It might seem expensive now, but it won't before long. Sure wish I'd bought more DS receivers and tucked them away at the outrageous $350 they once were. Or $85 Brit L1A1 kits, or $800 SPAS 12's, or $3.95 Halbeck devices. The list goes on and on...

Someday I'll hit it big with my pump master!

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Jollyrogerf14 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:04 am
Wow. What a giant pile of garbage this thread is!

Whatever happened to saying nothing at all if you can't say something nice? Who cares what he spent, it isn't your money.

I own a Crossman 760 pump master, and have traded several Stevens and Coast to Coast bolt action 22's for the last 25 years, so I know quality, and I once had a friend with a Hesse and we both know that those are the best FAL's out there! Everyone that likes anything that costs more than my Hi Point carbine is an idiot! It throws bullets and makes noise too, what more do you want?!

I say well done. It might seem expensive now, but it won't before long. Sure wish I'd bought more DS receivers and tucked them away at the outrageous $350 they once were. Or $85 Brit L1A1 kits, or $800 SPAS 12's, or $3.95 Halbeck devices. The list goes on and on...

Someday I'll hit it big with my pump master!

You just hadda' bring up the Brit kits and Halbeck's dinja'? :cry:

the gman

Post by the gman »

Yuri Bezmenov wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:09 am
def90 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:42 pm
Yuri Bezmenov wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:16 pm

Yeah this is like saying "The only REAL difference between an Anderson and a Colt AR lower is the engraving".
Imbel is an FN licensed manufacturer and FN actually sourced parts from Imbel towards the end of the production of the FAL. Your comparison is a joke.
Yeah this is like saying, "All the AR companies use the same aluminum castings!".

A legit FN will always be more desirable than an IMBEL. Some nugget of information like what you are spouting only known by 0.0001% of FAL enthusiasts who frequent this nursing home of a forum isn't going to change that.
Dean Lerhman is one of the most knowledgeable and respected members on this board. You, on the other hand are just a blowhard. If your remarks are taken in the context you intended then if it were you with the receiver, you'd build a rifle up which might deceive an unwary, ignorant fool into thinking that just because it has the magic FN rollmark on it, it should be valued at a comparable price to a true factory rifle. Your comment reveals you to be nothing more than a tool and a wannabe thief. :roll:

If you somehow think this is so superior to an Imbel receiver, you are just showing how ignorant you are. If the "legit FN" receiver had so much more appeal, why then was there only one bid? The market spoke and only one person out of many well informed FAL cognoscenti decided to drop $1520 inc shipping on it. Surely, if it was sooooo much more desirable than a forged Imbel receiver, there should have been bidders lined up, panting to bid?

That's without beating you across the face with a 2x4 for being so ignorant as to think AR receivers are machined from castings. :roll: :shock: They are usually made from forgings you muppet. Some are machined from billet and the last castings I was aware of were the old stainless castings DPMS had done on the Superior Arms molds over a decade ago. A much more accurate comparison is FN receivers as they received the TDP (that's Technical Data Package FYI) from the US military which means their receivers are machined to the exact same mil-spec as any Colt. Imbel stuck with forgings long after FN had gone to castings on their Type 3 receivers as a cost cutting measure and for other reasons. This receiver with all correct FN parts on it might be expected to bring more money than an Imbel with either all Imbel parts or the same FN parts on it but not to the extent of it being $1500 more if the buyer knows his stuff.

Posturing and running your ignorant mouth isn't doing anything except indicating some people on the board have forgotten more about the FAL than you will ever know.

Sure, the OP can spend his money however he chooses and I hope the receiver plus whatever parts he chooses to put on it will bring him happiness but that doesn't mean it was money well spent...

blkadder

Post by blkadder »

This back and forth sounds just the same at car forums. I have a 65 MGB that I purchased in 84. Served me well for many years, but the issues started lining up. So I started welding some new steel where it needs to. I also tore out the wiring harness with the amazing two fuse system. The left half of the car runs on left harness. Right wire harness runs the other side. I decided to cast out Lucas King of darkness and build a modern equivalent to the system. I am adding fuses, relays and propperly wired. Hell I took a class on doing wiring. Gonn be epic. With all this in in it couldn't sell it for what I have in it, but that is not really where my interests lie. I like to do things my way . The car will run, be lots of fun having the top down.
Ron
...Semper Fidelis...

ismith

Post by ismith »

Receiver looks awesome, well worth the price of two Imbel or Greyslake receivers IMHO. Date mark looks like 1985.

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

ismith wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:11 pm
Receiver looks awesome, well worth the price of two Imbel or Greyslake receivers IMHO. Date mark looks like 1985.

The pics aren't showing up in your post.... ;)

ismith

Post by ismith »

SmokeEater2 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:15 pm
ismith wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:11 pm

The pics aren't showing up in your post.... ;)

ismith

Post by ismith »

Matches the dark park on this Israeli lower pretty darn good!

Southern 762

Post by Southern 762 »

Congrats on your purchase. Regardless of any opinions, it is a nice piece of FN FAL history. If you can find a nice 50.00 kit to build it on, even better.

gunplumber

Post by gunplumber »

The only reason I'd want an FN is to sell it and buy two IMBELs.

I've owned dozens of FNs and none shot as well as my SAR-48s. The value difference is entirely spiritual. But just because it's spiritual doesn't mean it's not there.

Maybe that's why I paid twice as much for a used HK MP5 bolt carrier, as an RCM would cost. Because it's for a German MP5. Were it a POF or MKE, I might not have cared. The gun doesn't care, but I had the money and it made me feel satisfied. Spiritual value.

Too bad on the timing, I sold 3 commercial FN kits last month at $1k each. My last commercial lower group is a type 2

https://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/ ... fn-type-2/

Hopdevil2020

Post by Hopdevil2020 »

gunplumber wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:41 pm
The only reason I'd want an FN is to sell it and buy two IMBELs.

I've owned dozens of FNs and none shot as well as my SAR-48s. The value difference is entirely spiritual. But just because it's spiritual doesn't mean it's not there.

Maybe that's why I paid twice as much for a used HK MP5 bolt carrier, as an RCM would cost. Because it's for a German MP5. Were it a POF or MKE, I might not have cared. The gun doesn't care, but I had the money and it made me feel satisfied. Spiritual value.

Too bad on the timing, I sold 3 commercial FN kits last month at $1k each. My last commercial lower group is a type 2

https://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/ ... fn-type-2/
Curious if you painted that lower in the link Gunplumber? Looks Imbel-ish. :D

As far as a $1500 FN Receiver goes.....I'm just not into type 3 that SAR 48 didn't perfect.

Embatp

Post by Embatp »

GP getting a weird message when I try that link and your website...

ismith

Post by ismith »

Embatp wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:05 pm
Same here.

ErickKeF

NOS Type 3 FN receiver

Post by ErickKeF »

I just mounted a new Bushnell 6x18x50 on my gun using a ATI bolt to receiver rail and weaver rings...it looks good but... it seems to
flex when I push on the scope...hope it will shoot

Embatp

Post by Embatp »

ismith wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:44 pm
Embatp wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:05 pm
Same here.
Working now....