Izzy kits 299.00 at PSA

Anything and Everything FN/FAL related
CTW

Re: Izzy kits 299.00 at PSA

Post by CTW »

Sigmund99 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:19 pm
Mine came today and was disappointing. I realize it was $299.00 so no complaining here, the metal is usable but the handguards are a bit bent and truly awful, smooth with no ridges left. The stock is black with significant gouges although it mine clean up better. Most of the metal seems functional at least. No muzzle brake either, which I wanted for another gun.

But clearly some of these are bottom of the barrel type of kits.
I’ll sell a combo device if you need one. Just let me know.

TacticalMallNinja

Post by TacticalMallNinja »

the chief wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:52 pm
TacticalMallNinja wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:20 pm
Does anyone know if a SA58 traditional profile barrel will accept the Izzy brake that comes with these kits?
9/16-24LH threads, yes it should fit just fine. However, those DSA barrels have bipod provision and would not be 'correct' for an Israeli build...
And no one except us nerds will know the difference 😎.

I’ll mostly just be happy to have a FAL with a CL barrel built off a genuine parts kit with a Hebrew marked receiver and trigger group with proper furniture for under $1200.

As much as I love my precision AR10s, Galil, etc, it’ll be nice to have a rifle with just irons on it, not really caring where I hit as long as it’s minute of man, just to blow off some steam.

Briar

Post by Briar »

mine has a yellow sticker on the stock with this on it

מקחש"ר
יחידת בחינה
כושר,.ס"

using online translator, it would appear that it states that it passed operational checks... can anyone translate or confirm please?

TacticalMallNinja

Briar wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:48 am

מקחש"ר
יחידת בחינה
כושר,.ס"

using online translator, it would appear that it states that it passed operational checks... can anyone translate or confirm please?
Mine has pieces of that sticker left on the stock also.

Is your trigger housing serialized?

Briar

Post by Briar »

yep, only part that is numbered though
SN 4216

bolt has a brand new extractor in it, and carrier looks like it is a replacement (prior number was scrubbed and then refinished)
Evidence suggest butt stock had been changed.

Appears some were overhauled and tested for somebody's use somewhere...

Mine also came with a combo device...

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

yellowhand wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:20 pm
SmokeEater2 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:20 pm
My Izzy kit arrived today, How do you say HOLY SHIT! in Yiddish?

This is one of the better kits I've gotten my mitts on since the days of Dan's grade 1 Imbel's and the DSA STG kits. It has finish wear and handling dings but the bolt and hammer don't have a mark on them and look unfired. The wood looks to be in very nice shape from what I can tell (haven't cleaned/degreased yet) and as far as I can tell every piece promised is present.

It looks like it was never issued and spent it's life being moved from one storage area to another or was issued for a very short time. I'm so damn happy I just ordered another kit while they're available. I'll take some pics once I have the parts cleaned up.

הייליק דרעק
Thanks! :lol:

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Briar wrote:

מקחש"ר
יחידת בחינה
כושר,.ס"

Mine has the yellow sticker too, Sounds like an inspectors sticker from your translation.

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

TacticalMallNinja wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:59 am
Briar wrote:

מקחש"ר
יחידת בחינה
כושר,.ס"

Mine has pieces of that sticker left on the stock also.

Is your trigger housing serialized?
My IDF buddy says, its what they slam on stuff that's been taken out of service and can be sold as surplus.
That its been inspected and can be sold.
He's seen it, but can't remember exactly what it all means....

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

SmokeEater2 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:56 am
yellowhand wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:20 pm
SmokeEater2 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:20 pm
My Izzy kit arrived today, How do you say HOLY SHIT! in Yiddish?

This is one of the better kits I've gotten my mitts on since the days of Dan's grade 1 Imbel's and the DSA STG kits. It has finish wear and handling dings but the bolt and hammer don't have a mark on them and look unfired. The wood looks to be in very nice shape from what I can tell (haven't cleaned/degreased yet) and as far as I can tell every piece promised is present.

It looks like it was never issued and spent it's life being moved from one storage area to another or was issued for a very short time. I'm so damn happy I just ordered another kit while they're available. I'll take some pics once I have the parts cleaned up.

הייליק דרעק
Thanks! :lol:
;) ;)

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

IDF/Hebrew "slang" just initials, is like what we use in the US Military, if ya weren't there, its hard/impossible to translate, Hebrew to English.
PX, BX, class six, POL, S1, S2, CIC, CINPAC,CO, how many manhole covers are there on Riley Road, Bragg, Benning, Hood, would make zero sense to a native Hebrew speaker/Israeli once translated to English.
Most American GI's here know exactly what all that means.

Akshooter

Post by Akshooter »

I am new to the fal. I ordered 2 kits. Both in pretty good shape. Delivery was very quick for psa. Got 6 mags also. Just trying to find info if the Israeli type 1 from dsa is the reciever I need to order and will work with both kits. Any info would be helpful before i spend money on a couple recievers. Any info on which barrel too please. Thanks.

PolishX

Post by PolishX »

Not happy with mine at all
Attachments
image10.jpeg
image10.jpeg (86.12 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
image8.jpeg
image8.jpeg (117.68 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (104.01 KiB) Viewed 1752 times

PolishX

Post by PolishX »

Nothing is bent but the hand guards not being anywhere close and the torn box in 2 spots was garbage
Attachments
image4.jpeg
image4.jpeg (88.59 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
image0.jpeg
image0.jpeg (74.07 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
image6.jpeg
image6.jpeg (102.32 KiB) Viewed 1752 times

def90

Post by def90 »

Akshooter wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:38 am
I am new to the fal. I ordered 2 kits. Both in pretty good shape. Delivery was very quick for psa. Got 6 mags also. Just trying to find info if the Israeli type 1 from dsa is the reciever I need to order and will work with both kits. Any info would be helpful before i spend money on a couple recievers. Any info on which barrel too please. Thanks.
Any metric receiver type will work, the different receiver types are just different variations as they evolved over the years and the changes were pretty much just cosmetic. The Israeli type 1 receiver being sold by DSA is a copy of what these rifles would have been built on originally.

def90

Post by def90 »

PolishX wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:57 am
Nothing is bent but the hand guards not being anywhere close and the torn box in 2 spots was garbage
The metal all looks good, that’s the important part. In general you can assume that the wood in any surplus kit is going to be well used/abused, some times you can clean it up nicely. Your buttstock looks like it would clean up well if you know what you are doing, if you don’t, send it off to yellowhand over at the falfiles, he does great work. Basically that kit parted out would probably bring you at least twice what you paid for it so it is what it is. You can get NOS Israeli buttstocks cheap from numerous vendors.

TacticalMallNinja

Briar wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:30 am
yep, only part that is numbered though
SN 4216

bolt has a brand new extractor in it, and carrier looks like it is a replacement (prior number was scrubbed and then refinished)
Evidence suggest butt stock had been changed.

Appears some were overhauled and tested for somebody's use somewhere...

Mine also came with a combo device...
I think we got kits from a similar grab bag. 4370. No other serials.

Bolt looks good, mirror finish wear on contact surfaces but everything else is good. Lots of parts looked near immaculate and couldn’t find corrosion on anything. Only thing missing was front sling swivel.

munchoman

Post by munchoman »

Some kits are missing parts, anyone get extras? or are the errors always in PSAs favor?

Briar

Post by Briar »

I'd buy another but knowing my luck, i would get trash second time around.
I don't think i will roll the dice twice.

CTW

Post by CTW »

munchoman wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:05 pm
Some kits are missing parts, anyone get extras? or are the errors always in PSAs favor?
Always missing no extra in my experience.

tnjeb

Post by tnjeb »

Briar wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:51 pm
I'd buy another but knowing my luck, i would get trash second time around.
I don't think i will roll the dice twice.
I rolled em again, if it's terrible I'll keep bolt and carrier plus the charging handle and sell the rest, this is a hard to pass up deal

Embatp

Post by Embatp »

I think it’s important for people who are considering buying these kits to note, based on the personal experiences posted here and also the pictures, that these kits aren’t showpieces and may not be able to be turned into showpieces.....these are all used kits in good serviceable shape....they are perfect to be built as is into a BFPU clone....especially since they probably saw combat anyway....or maybe cleaned up a bit and turned into something a little better....most are standard Izzy kits, with a few gems (type B stocks, type A lowers etc) thrown in to make things interesting....

def90

Post by def90 »

The metal on most looks good, easy to replace the buttstock, handguard wood not so much. I’ll likely be refinishing mine, the internals look excellent, I think these were humped around a lot but fired little.

jonoaf1980

Post by jonoaf1980 »

Embatp wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:30 pm
I think it’s important for people who are considering buying these kits to note, based on the personal experiences posted here and also the pictures, that these kits aren’t showpieces and may not be able to be turned into showpieces.....these are all used kits in good serviceable shape....they are perfect to be built as is into a BFPU clone....especially since they probably saw combat anyway....or maybe cleaned up a bit and turned into something a little better....most are standard Izzy kits, with a few gems (type B stocks, type A lowers etc) thrown in to make things interesting....
Is there a reference to be able to see what kind of lower you have?

Embatp

Post by Embatp »

The lowers that have a serial number have mostly been standard type 1 with a few type A lowers mixed in...all of the ones I’ve seen unnumbered appear to be type 2 lowers...

Invictus77

Post by Invictus77 »

jonoaf1980 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:20 pm
Is there a reference to be able to see what kind of lower you have?
Assuming the real board does come back with all the old history, there is much there on this and many other details of the FAL.