Anything and Everything FN/FAL related
Invictus77

Re: Izzy kits 299.00 at PSA

Post by Invictus77 »

SmokeEater2 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:42 pm
Invictus77 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:12 pm
My PSA Izzy kit showed up today. Seems to all be there and condition is not bad at all, other than a lot of "character" carved into the butt stock. I'm still not sure if or when I will build it, but for 300 shekels, I like it.

It did show up with a gas block which I did not expect. Maybe I should have, but it is the first kit I bought without a barrel and I assumed w/o barrel would also be w/o gas block. Apparently a poor assumption.

You got a stock with trench art?
I had not looked at it that way, but yes!!!!

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

I always thought the stocks that were carved or decorated by the soldiers that carried them were very cool. Nice little slice of history there.

Hardheaded

Post by Hardheaded »

My kit showed up today , it is a keeper
Real nice unserialized lower with a pristine recoil plate
The finish is 90%+
The only place the finish is worn is on the forward assist knob and the top edge of the rear sight
No numbers bolt and carrier
Unlike my last LB this one has a combo device
The wood is intact but it looks like it has been through 2 wars

I am really pleased with this kit , it blew the one I bought from APEX right out of the water
Now I can complete that HB with some nicer parts

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

Hardheaded wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:38 am
My kit showed up today , it is a keeper
Real nice unserialized lower with a pristine recoil plate
The finish is 90%+
The only place the finish is worn is on the forward assist knob and the top edge of the rear sight
No numbers bolt and carrier
Unlike my last LB this one has a combo device
The wood is intact but it looks like it has been through 2 wars

I am really pleased with this kit , it blew the one I bought from APEX right out of the water
Now I can complete that HB with some nicer parts
Or, four or five wars, half dozen incursions, and G-D only knows, how many rides in a beat to shit Jeep. :lol:

Sparkybond007

Post by Sparkybond007 »

Got mine in the mail today. I’m very pleased. No cracks anywhere in the stock. Good amount of finish remaining on the metal. As far as I know, everything is there. Thinking about ordering another one.

Here’s a link to the pictures if the attaching didn’t work: https://imgur.com/a/2NlpgVD
Attachments
6E2815AC-971C-46F5-9E45-232F888CA0EE.jpeg
6E2815AC-971C-46F5-9E45-232F888CA0EE.jpeg (127.42 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
B4B003CD-1E33-47F1-849F-7AC05D37CB91.jpeg
B4B003CD-1E33-47F1-849F-7AC05D37CB91.jpeg (114.63 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
32535A08-0CB8-4C4D-8C29-D3D140707773.jpeg
32535A08-0CB8-4C4D-8C29-D3D140707773.jpeg (102.17 KiB) Viewed 1800 times

def90

Post by def90 »

^^ nice! another type B stock.

bubs

Post by bubs »

Just ordered one of these kits, but I have a few questions. I have an extra Imbel barrel laying around and I'm wondering if I can install the gas block from the kit on the Imbel barrel? Are the Imbel barrel threads compatible the DSA Izzy receivers? Will the kit combo device work on an Imbel barrel? Is there a difference between the DSA Izzy receiver and their type 1 receiver other than the Israeli markings?

Thanks,
Bubs

chefbeef

Post by chefbeef »

The Combo devise is correct for the IMBEL barrel, gas block should be interchangeable, As for the threads to the receiver I only know that the Heavy Barrels had to be chased to match the receiver. The Original light barrel I use to have 1-70 date matted up to the DSA receiver I used to build it out 10 years ago, with out any issues.

swedishmauser

Post by swedishmauser »

I received a nice looking parts kit with flash hider and type C stock. The wood was weathered but without cracks. The grip was shaved below the horizontal locking lever. It was missing two small parts-the hinge pin washer and gas tube retaining pin. Of the ten magazines, all were metric, one was rusty, and four had the Israeli stamp.

CTW

Post by CTW »

CTW wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:02 pm
Guys if you’re on the fence about getting these kits I would act fast. They are an absolute bargain for the price of $299. Granted some small parts were missing from the kits I ordered. I know PSA is not gonna replace those parts. I’m missing two gas tube pins. One sling swivel. Two gas regulator springs. And this one hurts the most one pivot pin. I bought four kits. One of them was the older kit that didn’t come with a flash hider. The other three came with combo devices. None of my kits have serial numbers anywhere on the receivers or bolt carrier groups. I don’t think you can beat these for the value right now. The three newer kits that I bought all have the original finish still on the lower receivers and the stocks are in very good shape. I might’ve just been the lucky one.
Last edited by CTW on Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antkiller

Post by Antkiller »

Hello everyone this is my first post on any forum type website! I was lured into buying the Israeli parts kit from PSA. I have never done any type of build or even touched an FAL. I have gone to far into the FAL rabbit hole now and want to build this thing. After reading I have decided to buy a DSA Israeli receiver and their Israeli light barrel when it comes back into stock. Now I am stuck with the hard part:(these are my choices on what to do)
1. Can I build this myself?
2. If I can not build this myself can I send it to any normal gunsmith?
3. After reading a lot about Arizona Response Systems, if I send it to them will I have to do anything else?
Thanks anyone who wants to help and I hope I can get this build done. I will also post pictures when my parts kit comes in! Thanks everyone!

Hebrew Battle Rifles

Post by Hebrew Battle Rifles »

Antkiller wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:31 pm
Hello everyone this is my first post on any forum type website! I was lured into buying the Israeli parts kit from PSA. I have never done any type of build or even touched an FAL. I have gone to far into the FAL rabbit hole now and want to build this thing. After reading I have decided to buy a DSA Israeli receiver and their Israeli light barrel when it comes back into stock. Now I am stuck with the hard part:(these are my choices on what to do)
3. After reading a lot about Arizona Response Systems, if I send it to them will I have to do anything else?
Thanks anyone who wants to help and I hope I can get this build done. I will also post pictures when my parts kit comes in! Thanks everyone!
Where are you located? (city/state)
There are no such things as enough time, money, or ammo.

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

My Izzy kit arrived today, How do you say HOLY SHIT! in Yiddish?

This is one of the better kits I've gotten my mitts on since the days of Dan's grade 1 Imbel's and the DSA STG kits. It has finish wear and handling dings but the bolt and hammer don't have a mark on them and look unfired. The wood looks to be in very nice shape from what I can tell (haven't cleaned/degreased yet) and as far as I can tell every piece promised is present.

It looks like it was never issued and spent it's life being moved from one storage area to another or was issued for a very short time. I'm so damn happy I just ordered another kit while they're available. I'll take some pics once I have the parts cleaned up.

the chief

Post by the chief »

TacticalMallNinja wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:20 pm
Does anyone know if a SA58 traditional profile barrel will accept the Izzy brake that comes with these kits?
9/16-24LH threads, yes it should fit just fine. However, those DSA barrels have bipod provision and would not be 'correct' for an Israeli build...

Antkiller

Post by Antkiller »

Hebrew Battle Rifles wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:17 pm
Antkiller wrote:
Where are you located? (city/state)
In Florida

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

the chief wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:52 pm
TacticalMallNinja wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:20 pm
Does anyone know if a SA58 traditional profile barrel will accept the Izzy brake that comes with these kits?
9/16-24LH threads, yes it should fit just fine. However, those DSA barrels have bipod provision and would not be 'correct' for an Israeli build...

In all fairness though, Neither is a US made receiver, Any replacement barrel other than original Izzy or the 922 parts.

Invictus77

Post by Invictus77 »

Antkiller wrote:

1. Can I build this myself? Yes but you will need a couple hundred bucks worth of special tooling and a lot of patience. It is not really cost effective (or time efficient) for only one build.
2. If I can not build this myself can I send it to any normal gunsmith? No, most "normal gunsmiths" are not set up for FALs
3. After reading a lot about Arizona Response Systems, You would not go wrong with ARS, Mark's work is impeccable and his re-finish work is beautiful. There are other great options as well, but you will not regret using Mark as the builder
My two cents

Antkiller

Post by Antkiller »

Invictus77 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:13 pm
Antkiller wrote:

1. Can I build this myself? Yes but you will need a couple hundred bucks worth of special tooling and a lot of patience. It is not really cost effective (or time efficient) for only one build.
2. If I can not build this myself can I send it to any normal gunsmith? No, most "normal gunsmiths" are not set up for FALs
3. After reading a lot about Arizona Response Systems, You would not go wrong with ARS, Mark's work is impeccable and his re-finish work is beautiful. There are other great options as well, but you will not regret using Mark as the builder
My two cents
I think I am going to buy the DSA receiver and barrel and send it to him. Thanks everyone!

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Antkiller, I just ordered another of the DSA Izzy receivers and they are currently in stock. They may run out since the word on these kits is getting out and guys are snapping up build parts.

jonoaf1980

Post by jonoaf1980 »

IMG_20200805_151115_2 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20200805_151115_2 - Copy.jpg (115.09 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
Hi folks! I found this forum while researching FAL rifles and after I was seduced into buying one of the PSA parts kits. Everything appears to be in good shape in mine! If anyone sees parts missing or has build suggestions, I would appreciate it. Info on any parts I have that are different would be appreciated as well. I'm brand new to the FAL world other than what I've googled so far. No markings on the mag, unfortunately. But I did order two more so we'll see with them.

lockjaw

Post by lockjaw »

Antkiller wrote:

1. Yes. Tools will cost you some cash up front. If you enjoy your first build and want to build again, there is nothing holding you back... how do you know unless you try? If you decide that you don't want to build, resale value for build tools is high, you should easily get 75% of your investment back.

Hi Mark

Post by Hi Mark »

Does anyone have advised on how to install the gasblock? Is there someone I can send my gasblock, and a barrel to have it installed and threaded?

Antkiller

Post by Antkiller »

lockjaw wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:28 pm
Antkiller wrote:

1. Yes. Tools will cost you some cash up front. If you enjoy your first build and want to build again, there is nothing holding you back... how do you know unless you try? If you decide that you don't want to build, resale value for build tools is high, you should easily get 75% of your investment back.
So what part do I have to assemble. Will it not slip in like an AR.

Sigmund99

Post by Sigmund99 »

Mine came today and was disappointing. I realize it was $299.00 so no complaining here, the metal is usable but the handguards are a bit bent and truly awful, smooth with no ridges left. The stock is black with significant gouges although it mine clean up better. Most of the metal seems functional at least. No muzzle brake either, which I wanted for another gun.

But clearly some of these are bottom of the barrel type of kits.

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

SmokeEater2 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:20 pm
My Izzy kit arrived today, How do you say HOLY SHIT! in Yiddish?

This is one of the better kits I've gotten my mitts on since the days of Dan's grade 1 Imbel's and the DSA STG kits. It has finish wear and handling dings but the bolt and hammer don't have a mark on them and look unfired. The wood looks to be in very nice shape from what I can tell (haven't cleaned/degreased yet) and as far as I can tell every piece promised is present.

It looks like it was never issued and spent it's life being moved from one storage area to another or was issued for a very short time. I'm so damn happy I just ordered another kit while they're available. I'll take some pics once I have the parts cleaned up.

הייליק דרעק