Izzy kits 299.00 at PSA

Anything and Everything FN/FAL related
Invictus77

Re: Izzy kits 299.00 at PSA

Post by Invictus77 »

Only one HG ring is used, not two.

On a side note, I use Izzy HGs on my "race gun" FAL and did not have a ring when I first put them on. I later got a ring, but 3 or 4 years later and probably 4,000 rounds down the pipe, I have never yet seen a need to pull the gas tube and put it on.

Odhinn

Post by Odhinn »

Received an Excellent kit from PSA just about 1 week ago. All parts present and 100% serviceable with the exception of the muzzle device, that being missing. Was informed by PSA that these kits arrived to them "pre-packed" and that they would not be able to supply the missing part. As I understand it the LB existed in two flavors...Officers model WITH muzzle device and Soldiers model without so really no foul for $300.00. Buttstock solid and in great shape with a couple of minor dings and gouges, HGs about the same except one actual chip that I will graft a tiny piece of wood into. All the metal is straight and will easily fall together around a Gear Logo Imbel whenever I get around to it. I do however have a question for those that have travelled this route before..........How tough is it to remove that barrel stub from the gas block??? I finally got the pin loose after breaking one punch (Chi-Junk) and repeatedly bending another via the BFH method. Finally used my bench vise as a press and a stubby Torx bit as a punch....what a job! That stub looks to be REALLY IN THERE!!!!!! Any tips? Tricks? Suggestions? (it's been soaking in Kroil for about 4 days...)

Steve

ismith

Post by ismith »

“Officers model” and “soldiers model” and marketing names created by DSA, nothing more.

JR

Post by JR »

I just received my Izzy kit and I’d like you guys to look at it and tell me if I’m missing anything. I also am wondering why the hand guards look different. Not only the color is off but the drill holes are different as well.
https://imgur.com/gallery/LCE4YBL
Last edited by JR on Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insertmeow

Post by Insertmeow »

Insertmeow wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:26 am
Part kit came in today. Missing multiple major parts, missing BCG, Stock, and wood handguards.
I hope PSA is nice to me and allows me to send it back for a replacement kit (a fellow friend who also got one was missing a small part and was informed they don't have spare parts for the kits). What I received is essentially only half the kit. :cry:

This is all that was sent to me in my kit.
PSA FAL Kit pic.jpg
Update: PSA will allow me to return for refund due to amount of parts missing, but no exchange. Was informed I could re purchase one if I wanted to, but honestly scared to do so. Though from everyone else's (including friends and other groups I'm in) that I've seen thus far, mine seems like it was a fluke.

blkadder

Post by blkadder »

Hey Guys,
FNG here. I was looking for a BBS that would have the info I need, and it looks like you guys are just what I was looking for. I have been on a number of other boards, so some of you guys might have seen me before. I have been wanting an FAL about forever. I had to order one of these kits. I have been building rifles for a while now (Sten, Suomi, PPS, a couple of HKs and a 10/22 sheet metal receiver). I am really looking forward to getting this kit. Mine shipped out today (8/12). I guess now is the time to get my bench cleaned up.
Ron
...Semper Fidelis...

Odhinn

Post by Odhinn »

ismith wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:39 pm
“Officers model” and “soldiers model” and marketing names created by DSA, nothing more.

Officers model, Soldiers model, regular or extra crispy.......The point I was making was that the LB appears to have existed in both configurations so a reasonably accurate clone can be assembled with or without the muzzle device.

Steve
Last edited by Odhinn on Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jam762

Post by jam762 »

Still trying to resist buying one of these kits, you guys are making it tough!

Tattered

Post by Tattered »

Odhinn wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:44 pm
Officers model, Soldiers model, regular or extra crispy.......The point I was making was that the LB appears to have existed in both configurations so a reasonably accurate clone can be assembled with or without the muzzle device.

Steve
Correct. They existed both ways. The flash hider was a later addition. Nothing specific to whom it was assigned, especially the extra crispy model.

Odhinn

Post by Odhinn »

jam762 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:59 pm
Still trying to resist buying one of these kits, you guys are making it tough!

.....and I am trying to resist buying a second one! "Kits' have a magical way of turning into finished rifles and diminished bank account balances! The second I complete kit buy number two, the quest for receiver two inevitably kicks in! It's a sickness....... :D

kev

Post by kev »

Damn you guys,.....can't y'all just shut up once in awhile. I've been holding off for two weeks but every day there's another handful of posts about these kits. I don't want any more kits. I specifically don't have any interest in an Izzy kit.

How long has shipping been on average? Just ordered two.

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Far, have resisted the demonic urge to buy, buy, buy several of these.:)LOL

G-D, remove this evil from thy eyes!!!!!

grahamneall

Post by grahamneall »

Parts are already on GB...so now' the the time to get your missing bits & pieces.

Gas Regulator Spring was missing on mine...I have 4 or 5 spares.
Metal just needs a good de-greasing but I'm very pleased with the wood, especially the Stock...has a nice grain.
Hand Guards are clean, with the exception of a crack, running along the inside of one of them, between the screws.
Have it glued right now, ready to get the Dremmel on it, cut a channel and glue a dowel into place (courtesy of input from YellowHand).

Gave it all a light sanding 380 grit, 600 then 800.
Going to throw 5 or 6 coats of Pure Tung Oil on it.
Not steaming out what minor bumps & bruises are on it, so it will still maintain BFPU look.

And of course, I did order another kit last Friday...fingers crossed.
Graham

Invictus77

Post by Invictus77 »

kev wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:53 pm
I don't want any more kits. I specifically don't have any interest in an Izzy kit.
Well said Kev, me too, which is why I only ordered one kit (whistling).

Seriously, the only other FAL I have even a casual interest in getting is a HB, but if that changes for some reason down the road, or if one of my boys developed enough FAL interest to want their own, I doubt there will be any more $300 kits out there later.

Speaking of my boys, I do have five of them. Maybe one spare kit is really not enough????

kev

Post by kev »

yellowhand wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:02 pm
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Far, have resisted the demonic urge to buy, buy, buy several of these.:)LOL

I thought with the regular board being down and me not visiting here much,......even avoided registering here for a week or so,......well I just figured that by now the filthy things would be out-of-stock and I wouldn't be bothered by them anymore. But noooooo,.......quantity in stock has outlasted my disinterest. And from the sounds of it quantity two(2) is the minimum order to assure getting something worth having.

You'll regret it if you do and you'll regret it if you don't, but if you don't you won't have the kits. I've always gotten over the pain/shame of having kits but the pain/shame of missing out carries on forever.

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

kev wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:53 pm
Damn you guys,.....can't y'all just shut up once in awhile. I've been holding off for two weeks but every day there's another handful of posts about these kits. I don't want any more kits. I specifically don't have any interest in an Izzy kit.

How long has shipping been on average? Just ordered two.

All 3 of mine (ordered at different times 'cause I'm stoopid) shipped the same day I ordered them. Surprised the heck outa' me, I'm used to slow shipping from PSA but they've stepped up their game lately.

My 3rd and maybe last one is supposed to be here tomorrow.

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

kev wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:13 pm
yellowhand wrote:

I thought with the regular board being down and me not visiting here much,......even avoided registering here for a week or so,......well I just figured that by now the filthy things would be out-of-stock and I wouldn't be bothered by them anymore. But noooooo,.......quantity in stock has outlasted my disinterest. And from the sounds of it quantity two(2) is the minimum order to assure getting something worth having.

You'll regret it if you do and you'll regret it if you don't, but if you don't you won't have the kits. I've always gotten over the pain/shame of having kits but the pain/shame of missing out carries on forever.
I've looked at the Izzy kits and rifles dozens of time,,,,,,,,,,,finally gave up and admitted, I'm a loyal subject of the crowd, Brit and Aussi SLR's call my name, called my name a half dozen times or so they did, with one STg that slipped into the woodpile in a moment of weakness............. :lol:

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

yellowhand wrote:

Come to the dark side yh, Resistance is futile. 8-)

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

SmokeEater2 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:25 pm
yellowhand wrote:

Be gone, you tempter of innocence and all that is good with America. :lol:
Smite from thy eyes you demon spawn!

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

yellowhand wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:31 pm
SmokeEater2 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:25 pm
yellowhand wrote:

Be gone, you tempter of innocence and all that is good with America. :lol:
Smite from thy eyes you demon spawn!

:twisted: :lol:

Invictus77

Post by Invictus77 »

yellowhand wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:23 pm
I've looked at the Izzy kits and rifles dozens of time,,,,,,,,,,,finally gave up and admitted, I'm a loyal subject of the crowd, Brit and Aussi SLR's call my name, called my name a half dozen times or so they did, with one STg that slipped into the woodpile in a moment of weakness............. :lol:
Now Paul, I've explained this before and you should be ashamed I have to say it again!

You need:
A G1 and/or an STG
A Rhodie
A heavy barrel of some flavor
A para of some sort
An Argy (or at least something from South America)
A Brit (the most elegant of all the beasts)
A couple of shooter "FrankenFALs" for race-guns and/or truck-guns
A real factory FN

Nine is only the baseline from which to start collecting FALs bro :D

SmokeEater2

Post by SmokeEater2 »

yellowhand wrote:
kev wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:13 pm
yellowhand wrote:

I'm a commonwealth 'Ho myself and prefer them over anything metric but three hunnert dollar FAL kits pulled me back in.

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

Invictus77 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 pm
yellowhand wrote:
Now Paul, I've explained this before and you should be ashamed I have to say it again!

You need:
A G1 and/or an STG
A Rhodie
A heavy barrel of some flavor
A para of some sort
An Argy (or at least something from South America)
A Brit (the most elegant of all the beasts)
A couple of shooter "FrankenFALs" for race-guns and/or truck-guns
A real factory FN

Nine is only the baseline from which to start collecting FALs bro :D

The only light at the end of that tunnel, is a fast moving freight train!!!!! :lol:

L1A1's,,,things just look and feel right to me.

And, I just sprinkled some ice tea on this message, no holy water, so be gone with you, you demon seed!!!! :lol:

JR

Post by JR »

I just received my Izzy kit and I’d like you guys to look at it and tell me if I’m missing anything. I also am wondering why the hand guards look different. Not only the color is off but the drill holes are different as well.
https://imgur.com/gallery/LCE4YBL

grahamneall

Post by grahamneall »

Hand guard spacer ring....maybe ?