Sights for urban warfare

One forum to rule them all.. sort of.
nalioth

Re: Sights for urban warfare

Post by nalioth »

"control on full auto" - you are doing it wrong

Full auto is for you (the trained rifleman) to pull off controlled bursts - not empty every magazine you've got as fast as they can be reloaded

TV rots your brains

Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

nalioth wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:15 pm

Full auto is for you (the trained rifleman) to pull off controlled bursts - not empty every magazine you've got as fast as they can be reloaded
TV rots your brains
Whhaaaat?

Next you’ll try and tell us that every clippazine doesn’t actually hold a near infinite amount of ammo, bullets actually go through car doors instead of making sparks and bouncing off, and you can’t use a sofa or other house hold items as effective cover.
I miss my 20 inch spinners

guzzimike1

Post by guzzimike1 »

Irons on the MAK90 and handguns.

Burris Fast Fire II on the AMD65.

-

madmanmccoy

Post by madmanmccoy »

If I can see it, it's in BIG fkn trouble ,period.................

MutilatedWalker

Post by MutilatedWalker »

Fixed irons and a flashlight. Fixed Irons are always ready to go, practically break proof and won't run out of batteries.

Optics are way over rated unless you are shooting long range and need magnification.

VALMET_M76

Post by VALMET_M76 »

MutilatedWalker wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:28 am
Fixed irons and a flashlight. Fixed Irons are always ready to go, practically break proof and won't run out of batteries.

Optics are way over rated unless you are shooting long range and need magnification.
You have clearly never heard of USPSA have you?

https://uspsa.org/magazine

Snipechief

Post by Snipechief »

Crimson Trace grip laser on my Colt 1911 .45

Henry Stevens

Post by Henry Stevens »

Ultradyne irons. Durable, flip down and you can drag them through the thickest brush. Flexible, point blank to 500 yards. Quick, quicker than mil spec irons and many optics (I don't care what you say). Longer sight radius. Lighter than any optic. Put a white light at 6:00 and it silhouettes the front sight perfectly. Long battery life.

As to clearing houses, I am using a bullhorn and a flare---giving them one minute to come out before burning it down. I am hoping for millions of flares and mass introduction of this technique in San Francisco. Keep the docks and docking facilities though.

MeatAxe556

Post by MeatAxe556 »

nalioth wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:15 pm

TV rots your brains
Like I say, I have no full auto, nor even a simulation device thereof anymore. So these days, "full auto" is just for grins at the rental range.

Trvrswsr1234

Post by Trvrswsr1234 »

Eotech would be my first choice

firejunkie

Post by firejunkie »

ninjamateo wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:12 pm
PK-A Venezuela for my AK.
Ditto.

MutilatedWalker

Post by MutilatedWalker »

VALMET_M76 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:04 pm
MutilatedWalker wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:28 am

You have clearly never heard of USPSA have you?

https://uspsa.org/magazine
I have shot a couple local USPSA pistol matches and I shoot with my daily carry- Beretta 92x compact with night sights.

Like I said, optics are overrated. I don't need to read an advertisement from a magazine telling me I can't protect myself unless I have an optic. Or using an optic will turn me into Jerry Miculek.

I train with irons and I am proficient with them. USPSA is not urban warfare, I think you are in the wrong thread.

Henry Stevens

Post by Henry Stevens »

I have excellent vision so perhaps that is why I feel so confident with irons but for those who do not have good vision, Trijicon is coming out soon with an optic in braile.