Have 300 rds chinese copper washed 308, will CETME eat it?

One forum to rule them all.. sort of.
EinheitElfV2

Have 300 rds chinese copper washed 308, will CETME eat it?

Post by EinheitElfV2 »

Hey guys, got 300 rds of chinese 308 copperwashed ammo on mg belt, i delinked them and magnet tested. Definitely steel core and the cases seem magnetic,steel BUT where the copper wash is scratched off there appears to be brass color(?). Anyway i know this stuff is supposed to be corrosive primed(powder is not(?))). If on links corrosive,if it was in boxes,non corr..?

Anyway,i am not putting this through my fals since it is corrosive and steelcase ,so wondering if my century cetme will feed it without issue or if the fluted chamber may cause unforeseen issues.

I have no other 308 rifles..

Thanks for replies.

Ps,scored a couple rounds of malaysian 308 tracer in the belt ;)

nalioth

Re: Have 300 rds chinese copper washed 308, will CETME eat it?

Post by nalioth »

It will run fine in a standard CETME or G3, but with Century being involved in the build, who can really say how it'll act?

ArtBanks

Post by ArtBanks »

Used a ton of the stuff over the years both Norinco and China Sport. Pretty good ammo other than the smell of the burned powder. Not as bad as the arab junk.

TRX

Post by TRX »

> smell

I have a few mags of Lake City 5.56 that stank too bad to finish shooting up at the indoor range. They smell like burning cat shit. I was gagging after the first few rounds, and so were people on the lanes to either side after a few more.

The sulfur in BP is one thing, but this stuff smelled like a skunked sewer.

EinheitElfV2

Post by EinheitElfV2 »

Thanks guys. My cetme had a boltgap of 45 but was not ground and it functioned great. Having said that i did send it to fairfax firearms back east and the guy there,firget his name right now, repressed the barrel,made sure sight not canted and gapped it to the 19 thou(?) And its fine. Not nearly as ergonomic to me as the fal but for what i paid for it back when with like 10 steel mags and the gap work, im in it for 500... so im good...and it is actually not bad looking with the wood. Good camp or whatever rifle... but fals rule!!!

hagar

Post by hagar »

If I had that junk, I'd shoot it in my Cetme. I bought a cheap Cetme on this board to shoot the corrosive ZV ammo I have 1000's of (bought cheap for 10c/round years ago). It actually shoots pretty darn good and so far no issues with corrosion,