To the layman

One forum to rule them all.. sort of.
MolonLabe

To the layman

Post by MolonLabe »

For ppl like me who have no idea how or why to hack etc what is the point of someone hacking the files? What do they gain? Or is it just to troll etc

0DARK30

Re: To the layman

Post by 0DARK30 »

Well the ransomware install means they expected to get money in return for the data that was vacated. Or they were just looking for any reason to take the site down and this looks like as good a reason as any.

NDHoJo

Post by NDHoJo »

They are jealous we have a Nails.
"There are two ways to live well, you can be smart or pleasant. I've been smart for years, and I recommend pleasant"

Jen
Site Admin

Post by Jen »

Based on the text file they left behind, they want to gain about $10,000.. Basically they're claiming they are holding our data hostage and that's the ransom, hence ransomware.

bill3542

Post by bill3542 »

Speak of the devil... is he floating around here somewhere?

History

Post by History »

I haven't seen Trollo around in awhile. If he's just put a down payment on a new super car we know who did it.

nalioth

Post by nalioth »

MolonLabe wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:05 am
For ppl like me who have no idea how or why to hack etc what is the point of someone hacking the files? What do they gain? Or is it just to troll etc
Troll primarily, with the potential side benefit of getting a "ransom payment" from dumb webmasters :(

AK-Goose

Post by AK-Goose »

They do realize we have guns, right? We'll get our supersluth SteveTA right on their trail and send in Greek when we get an address. :D
Jeff

v guy

Post by v guy »

This shit has been going on for a while and "he" attacked me for some time over the last 4 years. I am pissed.
I suspect that this is not the first time the board has had problems from this hacker.

I contend that it is a board member who has taken his skill set at hacking, to a new level, out of rage and direction from **&%$**

This is censorship. He will not play nice.
He intends to finish this board once and for all. $10,000 is just a smoke screen; all he wants is an end to the board and its "insults".

I contend that he has been responsible for months, for removing members by hacking them, and getting them to finally give up coming here. Simple Denial of Service shit, and such, back then. We will never know how many had trouble logging in over the last 4 years.

He now has the capability of getting into a "moderator" type of function, (unauthorized) and has gone so far as to hack modems and routers, changing your settings. He used to deliver hundreds of pages of gibberish into my history and cookies. He was simply practicing for this attack to do his dirt.
ONLY AFTER I WOULD VISIT THIS SITE WOULD I GET FILLED UP WITH 2000 PAGES OF COOKIES AND HISTORY, AND I CLEAN IT OUT DAILY OR MORE OFTEN. IT WAS ONLY THIS SITE AND MANY WOULD ATTEST TO THIS FACT IF THEY COULD.

He is a son of a bitch. Something must have set him off yesterday, exposing that he is a maniac ideologue and a fool of the first waters. Cowards always hit from the shadows on defenseless unarmed people and places; and he is a dog shit eating dog.

torquemada055

Post by torquemada055 »

So V, tell us how you really feel.....and what can we as members do to try to protect ourselves against this sort of thing?

El Trollo Mejor

Post by El Trollo Mejor »

History wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:59 am
I haven't seen Trollo around in awhile. If he's just put a down payment on a new super car we know who did it.
Pinche guey, now they all know.

Claymore

Post by Claymore »

It was the commies, OP. I guarantee it.

Probably some punk like Kalashnicommie tipped them off

That One Guy

Post by That One Guy »

Of course it happened on the day that Sig came back after a six month ban.

ddbtoth

Post by ddbtoth »

v guy wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:50 pm
This shit has been going on for a while and "he" attacked me for some time over the last 4 years. I am pissed.
I suspect that this is not the first time the board has had problems from this hacker.

I contend that it is a board member who has taken his skill set at hacking, to a new level, out of rage and direction from **&%$**

This is censorship. He will not play nice.
He intends to finish this board once and for all. $10,000 is just a smoke screen; all he wants is an end to the board and its "insults".

I contend that he has been responsible for months, for removing members by hacking them, and getting them to finally give up coming here. Simple Denial of Service shit, and such, back then. We will never know how many had trouble logging in over the last 4 years.

He now has the capability of getting into a "moderator" type of function, (unauthorized) and has gone so far as to hack modems and routers, changing your settings. He used to deliver hundreds of pages of gibberish into my history and cookies. He was simply practicing for this attack to do his dirt.
ONLY AFTER I WOULD VISIT THIS SITE WOULD I GET FILLED UP WITH 2000 PAGES OF COOKIES AND HISTORY, AND I CLEAN IT OUT DAILY OR MORE OFTEN. IT WAS ONLY THIS SITE AND MANY WOULD ATTEST TO THIS FACT IF THEY COULD.

He is a son of a bitch. Something must have set him off yesterday, exposing that he is a maniac ideologue and a fool of the first waters. Cowards always hit from the shadows on defenseless unarmed people and places; and he is a dog shit eating dog.
Who do you suspect?

v guy

Post by v guy »

It was a member who has a history of hacking the files after negative comments have been made about Islam.

ddbtoth

Post by ddbtoth »

Man, that’s all I got about opinions about Muslims. Never understood the left’s love of them. Guilt I guess.

SethCurry

Post by SethCurry »

I think you should not condemn people without knowing them, even the Yakuza guys can be good, and Islamists generally preach forgiveness.

Badzero

Post by Badzero »

SethCurry wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:04 pm
I think you should not condemn people without knowing them, even the Yakuza guys can be good, and Islamists generally preach forgiveness.
Only when they are sure they don’t have the upper hand.

the gman

Post by the gman »

SethCurry wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:04 pm
Such naivete! We are constantly told the so called "radical" Muslims are the minority and the "moderate" Muslims are good, peaceful and don't want trouble. I have lived in Muslim countries and while some of the latter is partially true, the radicals still have the tacit support of the moderates because they all believe in the same thing which is that Islam is superior to any other religion and unbelievers have to convert. If you don't convert, the radicals want you dead and the moderates want you as 2nd class citizens at best, slaves at worst.

trypcil

Post by trypcil »

$10,000 is not much - but timing is everything. The election is approaching and I can see that the FF & the akfiles are both realms of Free thought and discourse - that is both the enemy of the left, and of certain other factions. It is entirely possible that the "hack" was simply an "inhibitor", at an election time, in a time like no other! Might have some connection to 'actors' portrayed in the "Millie" thread, or just a wild conspiracy and nothing more! There are tho', no coincidences!:-)