Post by madmanmccoy »

c0dy33 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:27 am
I got some of this:

WHOA.that looks like it will sure get the job done......Rum........yum :lol:

c0dy33

Re: What is everyone drinking?

Post by c0dy33 »

That's for the entire weekend. Had a couple tonight though.

lextech

Post by lextech »

Have done the Kracken rum yet? Its goooood!

c0dy33

Post by c0dy33 »

Kraken is my favorite.

69Rebel

Post by 69Rebel »

Just a little red wine. However, I may need to cap off the evening with some Pikesville rye.

El Trollo Mejor

Post by El Trollo Mejor »

Mango white claw with a chamoy rim, piece of pulparindo, lime, and Tajin.

MURKY1911

Post by MURKY1911 »

I'm drinking a coca cola, and vaping my two heads maui waui pen

0DARK30

Post by 0DARK30 »

a rainier

MACV

Post by MACV »

0DARK30 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:40 am
a rainier
I've been wanting to try Rainier since I binge watched six seasons of Longmier.

rotti

Post by rotti »

Picked me and the old lady up some killians for the weekend. Usually start with a shot and a pop. But all we got is honey Evan's. It's cheap and not that great, but it'll do for now

voron

Post by voron »

Genessee (yea i know usual genny is shit) Ruby Red Kolsch. Out Fucking Standing summer beer
go fuck your mask

easttex

Post by easttex »

I brew my own beer and that comprises 90% of what I drink. The other 10% is whiskey, gin, or rum.
  • Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy
  • Amat Victoria Curam
  • Molon Labe

meltblown

Post by meltblown »

easttex wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:49 pm
I brew my own beer and that comprises 90% of what I drink. The other 10% is whiskey, gin, or rum.
How big are your batches? Do you save money? I start adding up what I'm spending on Miller Lite a year and wonder if it would be worth it. But I'm not really into heavy beers anymore so the craft thing isn't that interesting. I just want to make a decent beer that doesn't taste like Coors or Natty. I also thing the bottle thing would be a PITA. I want a keg.

TowerTopper

Post by TowerTopper »

Taking a break while cutting the grass...

Going to move on to Red Stripe's, and this shortly...

History

Post by History »

Wild Turkey Honey is super good, but expensive. It is the best of the honeys. Ain't gona lie, I like me some natty lite, strawberry lemonade "for those that like drinking beer and strawberry lemonade". Pink colors on the can don't bother me because I know I'm packing what women want.

jtscuba02

Post by jtscuba02 »

Water, water and more water. Cutting grass today and washing cars while it's about 500* outside here and I don't want to end up a heat casualty.

History

Post by History »

jtscuba02 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:34 pm
Water, water and more water. Cutting grass today and washing cars while it's about 500* outside here and I don't want to end up a heat casualty.
Lol, it has been a hot few days for sure.

obsolete

Post by obsolete »

Guinness

Stoned_Oli

Post by Stoned_Oli »

History wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:21 pm
Wild Turkey Honey is super good, but expensive. It is the best of the honeys. Ain't gona lie, I like me some natty lite, strawberry lemonade "for those that like drinking beer and strawberry lemonade". Pink colors on the can don't bother me because I know I'm packing what women want.
Haven't tried the Wild Turkey Honey, but Tennessee Honey is really good.
I' trying to decide between Proper Twelve, Crown Royal Black or busting open that new bottle of Glenlivet.
I found some Bank Note out in Colorado, but it seems to have lost it's pizazz... :roll:

easttex

Post by easttex »

meltblown wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:35 pm
easttex wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:49 pm
How big are your batches? Do you save money? I start adding up what I'm spending on Miller Lite a year and wonder if it would be worth it. But I'm not really into heavy beers anymore so the craft thing isn't that interesting. I just want to make a decent beer that doesn't taste like Coors or Natty. I also thing the bottle thing would be a PITA. I want a keg.
I brew 5 gallons at a time which yields roughly 9 six packs. I keg all my beer and I have a kegerator which makes storage and dispensing easy. I can brew an ale for probably $30 if I skimped on the ingredients and just needed something to drink. You don't need a bunch of expensive equipment to brew beer - I started with a $20 Harbor Freight pot and 7 gallon brew/bottling bucket. However I've invested in equipment over the years and I can safely say that while I've got a lot of money tied up in my hobby, I'm brewing some damned fine beers now. All your brewing equipment is like reloading equipment in that while a lot of represents a high initial investment, you get what you pay for and it you could amortize the value of it over number of batches you brew. Most of the equipment I use now won't wear out until well after the guy I sell it all to gives up the hobby decades from now.

The caveat here is that in order to brew pilsners and light lagers like Miller and Budweiser, you have to refrigeration and a lot of patience. I don't really have either so I don't really brew those styles of beer. That doesn't stop me from brewing some highly drinkable light ales, though.
  • Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy
  • Amat Victoria Curam
  • Molon Labe

meltblown

Post by meltblown »

^^^thanks sir. I am not an aficionado with beer anymore. If it's wet and cold, put it to my lips as long as long as it's not total swill. The refrigeration makes sense for a pilsner. I used to like Stella when I would travel in that area. It tastes like horse piss after it gets here. Same as Heinken. But Heinken sucks over there as well the next morning in Amsterdam at the tap. Gives me migraines even when I drank it in Vietnam or wherever.

ByronF

Post by ByronF »

Kraken and Coke.

ByronF

Post by ByronF »

History wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:21 pm
Wallet? Pension?