Should cops actually fear aout their jobs being done away with?

One forum to rule them all.. sort of.
But Its A Dry Heat

Re: Should cops actually fear aout their jobs being done away with?

Post by But Its A Dry Heat »

I think some of them need to be re-trained or kicked out. I think they need to be held accountable for their actions. I think they need to able to do their jobs without someone always looking over their shoulder. I think they need to be paid a real salary. I also think the job is getting harder and harder to do and there is no way in hell I could do it without being prejudice or letting my emotions get in the way. I would have a heart attack or a stroke within a year.
Nuke China Now. Make the world a better place.

madmanmccoy

Post by madmanmccoy »

But Its A Dry Heat wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:52 am
I think some of them need to be re-trained or kicked out. I think they need to be held accountable for their actions. I think they need to able to do their jobs without someone always looking over their shoulder. I think they need to be paid a real salary. I also think the job is getting harder and harder to do and there is no way in hell I could do it without being prejudice or letting my emotions get in the way. I would have a heart attack or a stroke within a year.
Same here.....you know it's a damn shame we've "progressed" as a Society the way we have , the old saying" An armed Society is a polite society" holds true.......... too bad we've gone way beyond Antebellum America....................

Porcupine

Post by Porcupine »

Beef Supreme wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:52 pm
Cypheros wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:31 pm
Watching this debate unfurl has been an absolute horror show. As with everything else, this argument has devolved into 2 asymmetrically opposed sides, and "you must choose one":

Side 1: All cops are evil, racist murderers of black people. We should fire them all....and let's kill them, too.

Side 2: No cop should ever have to worry about losing their job, or prosecution, when doing their job.

My Opinion:
- Not all cops are evil. Some are.

- Very few cops are actually racists. Some are.

- Each use of force is a different situation, with different circumstances. This means that each event should be evaluated individually. Sometimes, the officer's use of force is reasonable. Sometimes, it it not.

- If an officer violates a person's inherent rights, the cop should be afraid. Government exists to be a terror to evil, and that terror should extend to those who commit evil while wearing a badge. If the government won't do the job, then The People should step up to the plate.

- "Just following the law" is never a valid excuse for violating a person's rights. Anyone that uses this excuse should receive swift retribution.

- In this debate over police use of force, too many willingly forget that corrupt politicians/prosecutors/lawyers and (even more-) corrupt Judges are the source of the problem. No solution will have any effect until this is dealt with.
Absolutely.
Well said.

I respect cops. I respect authority.
While I don’t like being told what to do (I’m a rebel at heart), I understand that society has rules and for a society to be civil I must abide by them.
Cops are the enforcement arm of these rules.
I think hiding out behind a sign on the highway and pulling people over for speeding is bullshit. You aren’t keeping anybody safe, you’re stealing money under the authority of law.
But when I get yanked for this, I don’t throw a tantrum or act disrespectful to the cop. That’s the law, I broke it, I take my punishment.

Now the enforcing unconstitutional shit like seizing guns, breaking your oath and “standing down” while people riot and deface property, arresting people for defending themselves... these are the things that make a guy like me lose respect for them and not support them.

And I have several family members who are cops, and several friends as well.
And when it comes up I’m not afraid to let them know the way I feel.

Police officers need to wake up and realize who supports them, and act accordingly
Other than having family in LE I’m 100% in the same place.

As for the part I bolded, I hope many are being thoughtful and aren’t surprised when they find themselves forced into a time of choosing. They’ll need to choose wisely.