Should cops actually fear aout their jobs being done away with?

One forum to rule them all.. sort of.
cold_storage

Re: Should cops actually fear aout their jobs being done away with?

Post by cold_storage »

Cypheros wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:31 pm
Watching this debate unfurl has been an absolute horror show. As with everything else, this argument has devolved into 2 asymmetrically opposed sides, and "you must choose one":

Side 1: All cops are evil, racist murderers of black people. We should fire them all....and let's kill them, too.

Side 2: No cop should ever have to worry about losing their job, or prosecution, when doing their job.

My Opinion:
- Not all cops are evil. Some are.

- Very few cops are actually racists. Some are.

- Each use of force is a different situation, with different circumstances. This means that each event should be evaluated individually. Sometimes, the officer's use of force is reasonable. Sometimes, it it not.

- If an officer violates a person's inherent rights, the cop should be afraid. Government exists to be a terror to evil, and that terror should extend to those who commit evil while wearing a badge. If the government won't do the job, then The People should step up to the plate.

- "Just following the law" is never a valid excuse for violating a person's rights. Anyone that uses this excuse should receive swift retribution.

- In this debate over police use of force, too many willingly forget that corrupt politicians/prosecutors/lawyers and (even more-) corrupt Judges are the source of the problem. No solution will have any effect until this is dealt with.
Good post. I agree. No-knocks are a good example of the last part of what you are talking about. Cops get the blame but it is the judges that are approving them like a doctor handing out painkillers circa 2010.

Ram Rod

Post by Ram Rod »

So now here comes something out of left field.
Any of you decent LEOs maybe fixing to retire or relocate for any reasons including the current uprisings, or just getting out of the cities and to some peace and quiet?
I'd honestly support anyone with good moral character, help them find a place, support them within my community, etc.
Truth be known, I (we) need to replace the current asshole county sheriff. He has run unopposed last two elections.
I'll even be a campaign manager top supporter I'll go planting signs etc.
Have got to get this piece of shit out of office for the better of our county.

Thanks. Just email or PM.
If you need me to do a fundraiser, let's talk.
Need to get this done ASAP

Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Cypheros wrote:
Watching this debate unfurl has been an absolute horror show. As with everything else, this argument has devolved into 2 asymmetrically opposed sides, and "you must choose one":

Side 1: All cops are evil, racist murderers of black people. We should fire them all....and let's kill them, too.

Side 2: No cop should ever have to worry about losing their job, or prosecution, when doing their job.

My Opinion:

- Each use of force is a different situation, with different circumstances. This means that each event should be evaluated individually. Sometimes, the officer's use of force is reasonable. Sometimes, it it not.

- If an officer violates a person's inherent rights, the cop should be afraid. Government exists to be a terror to evil, and that terror should extend to those who commit evil while wearing a badge. If the government won't do the job, then The People should step up to the plate.

- "Just following the law" is never a valid excuse for violating a person's rights. Anyone that uses this excuse should receive swift retribution.

- In this debate over police use of force, too many willingly forget that corrupt politicians/prosecutors/lawyers and (even more-) corrupt Judges are the source of the problem. No solution will have any effect until this is dealt with.
Absolutely.
Well said.

I respect cops. I respect authority.
While I don’t like being told what to do (I’m a rebel at heart), I understand that society has rules and for a society to be civil I must abide by them.
Cops are the enforcement arm of these rules.
I think hiding out behind a sign on the highway and pulling people over for speeding is bullshit. You aren’t keeping anybody safe, you’re stealing money under the authority of law.
But when I get yanked for this, I don’t throw a tantrum or act disrespectful to the cop. That’s the law, I broke it, I take my punishment.

Now the enforcing unconstitutional shit like seizing guns, breaking your oath and “standing down” while people riot and deface property, arresting people for defending themselves... these are the things that make a guy like me lose respect for them and not support them.

And I have several family members who are cops, and several friends as well.
And when it comes up I’m not afraid to let them know the way I feel.

Police officers need to wake up and realize who supports them, and act accordingly
I miss my 20 inch spinners

ohlongarm

Post by ohlongarm »

Are dept will not be mask police,thank God for a strong chief.

trypcil

Post by trypcil »

Training of the police - and also of the public! It doesn't matter how you train the police, until the public is educated to a level of manner, behavior - and the importance of individual responsibility (-from an early age) within a society, there will always be variables that will out maneuver any training the police prepare for. Right and wrong have become nuanced, 'grey'd' - new arguments and political forces, media bias's have enabled - dare I say it, the country needs 'Realignment Surgery!' Lessons, in respectable appropriate behavior, and manners - Finishing school!

madmanmccoy

Post by madmanmccoy »

The assholes enforcing mask"laws" are the ones that need to wise up & be afraid....

TRX

Post by TRX »

jaxxas wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:18 pm
Cops are facing a real sh!t storm right now, I don't envy them.
I've run into enough bad cops to know it's because they brought it on themselves. And the "good cops" couldn't *not* know what their co-workers were doing, yet did nothing. Which makes them bad cops too.

Most of the cops I've dealt with were probably the ones who knocked little kids down and took their lunch money in elementary school. And they've been turned loose on the public with guns, badges, qualified immunity, and "expert witnessing."

Do we need police? Yes, we do. But the guys wandering around in their not-quite-SS uniforms and mirrored sunglasses are the kind of people real police would be protecting us from...

jaxxas

Post by jaxxas »

TRX wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:31 pm
jaxxas wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:18 pm
Cops are facing a real sh!t storm right now, I don't envy them.
I've run into enough bad cops to know it's because they brought it on themselves. And the "good cops" couldn't *not* know what their co-workers were doing, yet did nothing. Which makes them bad cops too.

Most of the cops I've dealt with were probably the ones who knocked little kids down and took their lunch money in elementary school. And they've been turned loose on the public with guns, badges, qualified immunity, and "expert witnessing."

Do we need police? Yes, we do. But the guys wandering around in their not-quite-SS uniforms and mirrored sunglasses are the kind of people real police would be protecting us from...
I've never ran into a 'bad' cop, a couple of asshole types though!

And I'm all for de-militarizing police forces. I think no-knock warrants are complete bullsh!t and should be totally illegal.

ymmv

aardq

Post by aardq »

Ram Rod - The Sheriff is an elected position. Don't like the Sheriff, get out the vote and throw him/her out of office.

silverAKM

Post by silverAKM »

It started to go downhill when they lower the qualification bar for increased POCs recruitments/hires.:|
"It's easier to fool people than it's to convince them they been fooled." Samuel Clemens(Mark Twain)
"Life is hard, life is even harder if you're stupid and lazy." Marion Morrison(John Wayne)
Black Rifles Matter!

c0dy33

Post by c0dy33 »

Yes, they should be worried. City councils are voting to cut their budgets which means layoffs. They will have to move and apply to other departments.

silverAKM

Post by silverAKM »

hebie82 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:37 am
Nope. Let the place burn. Fuck it.

Edited to say: I do not measure penises and compare them so no syndrome here
^Funny, I thought fem cops "measured" via cup size and/or "wizard sleeve" length or lack thereof. :lol:
"It's easier to fool people than it's to convince them they been fooled." Samuel Clemens(Mark Twain)
"Life is hard, life is even harder if you're stupid and lazy." Marion Morrison(John Wayne)
Black Rifles Matter!

nalioth

Post by nalioth »

silverAKM wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:17 am
hebie82 wrote:

^Funny, I thought fem cops "measured" via cup size and/or "wizard sleeve" length or lack thereof. :lol:
I would say something about "boors", but this is where the AK Files membership currently resides . .

The actual answer is "Kegel lifts"

(no, I'm not explaining it)

El Trollo Mejor

Post by El Trollo Mejor »

hebie82 wrote:

I agree. Cops stand down, go home, enjoy a restful month with the family. Let the militias clear the streets of the scum.

BoatGuyFL

Post by BoatGuyFL »

It's been coming for awhile, the 'expose' of Police in general;

Kid shooting up a school?? Stand down. (The cowards of Broward)

Riot breaking out and statutes being destroyed?? Stand down. (Anywhere USA)

Not wearing a mask?? ARREST THAT FUCKER!! We just following orders...

Me personally, I'm done 'supporting' the police. While this may not be true in Backwoods Jerkwater USA, the majority of police are 'govt employees', wildly overpaid for wildly mediocre service.

"But theres some good cops" says Not-Paying-Attention Guy.....

Yeah?? If they were 'good', why are they not breaching the 'thin blue line' and stepping out and speaking up when another cop VIOLATES THE CONSTITUTION???? Or a politician who oversteps their bounds and Leo's say, "we're not doing that and enforcing that upon We The People." It happens, but it's the exception not the rule.

Police protect and serve their paycheck and pension,little else.

Think about this, had the Asian Minneapolis Cop who stood their while that 'gentle giant' was being carotid-choked by Officer Bees Knees, smacked Officer Bees off the subdued Wakandan, shit would be a lot different. Remember, 'video evidence' is a mere peak into how often and how severe the 'average'cop acts towards citizens, and its awful.

The solution is a monolithic culture, but that's gone now. We have Multi-culturalism now....

Mebsuta

Post by Mebsuta »

Ram Rod wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:33 am
Should cops actually fear about their jobs being done away with?
Maybe, but I don't think we'll like what replaces them very much.

Most everyone will be better off if public order does not collapse.

Mr Nobody

Post by Mr Nobody »

I really only have one problem with the cops right now and all cops should be concerned for the same reason.
What we’re all seeing in these commie run city’s.
LEOs blindly following the orders from mayors to not enforce the commonsense rule of law.
IMO
LEOs in Portland for example .... should of taken the mayor into custody and put down the rioting.

LEOs in st. Louis Missouri should take the District attorney into custody

LEOs in MN should take that senator Omar into custody

AKyle

Post by AKyle »

El Trollo Mejor wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:56 am
hebie82 wrote:

I agree. Cops stand down, go home, enjoy a restful month with the family. Let the militias clear the streets of the scum.
This is actually the way the forefathers intended it. Modern police departments have morphed into a work around of the “standing army” prohibited by the constitution. Not saying they are all bad so mouth breathers need not reply , lord knows we have plenty.

Porsche914ls6

Post by Porsche914ls6 »

Cops run the entire spectrum between being really good folks to being outright assholes and everywhere in between... just like regular folk you see/meet on a regular basis.

I live in a rural WI town and my local police have been pretty decent I must say. I haven't run into one I didn't like for over 10 years now. Now, if I were to take a short drive and visit Mpls... that's a different story. There, I've run into all manner of rotten bastards... still some decent ones but a much higher percentage of Grade AAA assholes.

madmanmccoy

Post by madmanmccoy »

AKyle wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:35 pm
El Trollo Mejor wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:56 am
hebie82 wrote:

This is actually the way the forefathers intended it. Modern police departments have morphed into a work around of the “standing army” prohibited by the constitution. Not saying they are all bad so mouth breathers need not reply , lord knows we have plenty.
YES, Let the Cops take a break, rest up , recharge, [there's good/bad there just like every facet of human existence] Let the Citizen 'Militias' throw down , unrestricted warfare vs the marxists from top to bottom ,
When the smoke clears America will be AMERICA ,again........

cavalryman

Post by cavalryman »

Cypheros wrote:

My Opinion:

Touché,

End of thread.... And I have NOOOOOO problem de-funding.... Properly....

panzertruppe

thumper

Post by thumper »

Some guys are going to get laid off.
LE has to hire from the same population as everyone else.
Every place that hires people has their 10% assholes; some of whom are complete and total assholes.
The problem for the dedicated, conscientious LE organization is the disrepute brought down upon them by the fuckups.
Those fuckups would fuck up regardless of where they work.
The main issue evolves when the individual LEO is a complete fuckup.
Folks get pissed. Hate the cops. Play politics in areas they have zero knowledge or experience in. Men & women get laid off. Result: risk to the relative safety of the public at large.
Proof: The politicians are dictating to physicians how they will administer to their patients.
What a fuckin' mess.

madmanmccoy

Post by madmanmccoy »

Cypheros wrote: "- In this debate over police use of force, too many willingly forget that corrupt politicians/prosecutors/lawyers and (even more-) corrupt Judges are the source of the problem. No solution will have any effect until this is dealt with."
Don't forget , also...if any of us had to deal with the ignorant, disrespectful,dishonest, eternally out for trouble,racist , never -ending criminal behavior & BS of thug ghetto rats, 8-12+ hrs a day for up to 25years, it's going to affect anyone's opinion of the group no matter how reasonable & objective one tries to be..........

hebie82

Post by hebie82 »

God I want to see some of you handle some real shit and laugh when you cant handle it. If you think you can handle seeing a 2 year old drown and try to unsucessfully resuscitate her while her mom is screaming in your ear and then go home to your kids like nothing happened I have a job application for you. How about seeing two teenagers your kid knows dead with body parts laying in two lanes because they decided to play frogger. You think that would not effect you? How about if you hear on the radio a rookie you trained scream he has been shot in the face by someone he was trying to stop and you were racing to get to him before those shots rang out and not take that to heart I have an application for you. If you find out someone you went to training with died on the job and dont take it personally I have a job application for you. Or if you are just shooting the shit talking to another co-worker and someone starts out of the blue shooting at you and you laugh and you continue with drinking your coffee I have a job application for you. If you never been shot at, in a fight for your life, helped someone and then they fought you, literally busted your face up, or do your job when every motherfucker hates you SHUT THE FUCK UP. Seriously. Some of you all cant take posting a pic of yourself on the internet because you “might be” harassed by a Russian....Yes bad cops exist. Just like shitty gun owners. Im down for defunding. By the time its said and done our population will be slimmer, Ill have had a vacation and get hired with better pay doing something else. And if anyone thinks good guys dont say something about bad ones I have a whole file about an inch thick on what happens when you file a complaint. I still will fucking say something. Im not hear to violate rights or be a dick. Im not here for the pay because honestly I can make more. I started in my career years ago because someone has to run to those who need help. Not everyone can run away. If that makes me labeled bad, well, suck my tit and time for a drink.
One of them girls that peels off the Bud Light label

MI redneck

Post by MI redneck »

Cheers hebie! :D