Property taxes to increase in local gov due to Covid

One forum to rule them all.. sort of.
jason4473

Property taxes to increase in local gov due to Covid

Post by jason4473 »

Knew this was coming. So we get to pay or lose property because they didn't get their way in the election. Isn't too far now.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/local- ... shortfalls

Lagavulin62

Re: Property taxes to increase in local gov due to Vivid

Post by Lagavulin62 »

Property taxes have been rising everywhere for a long time. They don't need another excuse but they will take it, why not? Home ownership has been under attack in this country for some time. When the standard deduction is a better deal than itemizing your real estate that's not because a politician gave us a tax break.

Babalu

Re: Property taxes to increase in local gov due to Covid

Post by Babalu »

My home’s value is not even back to what it was pre-‘08. With what I’ve paid in interest,taxes, insurance, maintenance, and home improvements, I really would have been better off renting. I could have put the $80,000 I’ve sunk in improvements and maintenance alone into retirement savings, and now that I’m retired and looking to relocate in the next couple of years, I wouldn’t be saddled with trying to sell in this shitty state.

madmanmccoy

Post by madmanmccoy »

One of the reasons our Founding Fathers & Southern Kin fought 2 Wars over was being taxed ,WAY OVER taxed & under represented,not represented at all....
& we're 0 & 1 on that score........How many of us are being represented AT ALL in any government, city, town, county , state or fed?

jason4473

Post by jason4473 »

My wife and I bought this house and land then paid outright. It was considered a "knock down" paid just for the land. We rebuilt one side so far by ourselves aside from a few systems we subbed out. It has been a long time and a lot of work. Footing/ foundation up. If they think they are ever taking this place from my daughter. This is where I will die.

Sierra Nevada Marine

Post by Sierra Nevada Marine »

Sorry to burst yousa bubble but you dont own sheeeat if you have to continuously pay on it.

Paying property taxes to put some illegal aliens crotch fruit thru school WTF!!!
It doesn't matter where it is, just so it isn't where you are!

TheGreek!

Post by TheGreek! »

We don't have a right to own property here in the USSA, we have a right to pay an extortion fee to the government to live on some property that we bought but don't own. If you think you own your property see what happens if you don't pay the yearly extortion fee (property taxes). The government kicks you off of it and takes it from you.
Happiness, is a road, lined with wooden crosses with liberals nailed to them

TangoUniform

Post by TangoUniform »

Babalu wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:24 pm
My home’s value is not even back to what it was pre-‘08. With what I’ve paid in interest,taxes, insurance, maintenance, and home improvements, I really would have been better off renting. I could have put the $80,000 I’ve sunk in improvements and maintenance alone into retirement savings, and now that I’m retired and looking to relocate in the next couple of years, I wouldn’t be saddled with trying to sell in this shitty state.
Which is a big reason I've been renting the last couple of years. My son is a senior in HS this year and once he goes to college, the wife and I are buying a small house on some land out in the country.

Babalu

Post by Babalu »

TheGreek! wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:27 pm
We don't have a right to own property here in the USSA, we have a right to pay an extortion fee to the government to live on some property that we bought but don't own. If you think you own your property see what happens if you don't pay the yearly extortion fee (property taxes). The government kicks you off of it and takes it from you.
I always chuckle when I hear someone say they own their home outright. You may not owe the bank, but you’ll always be just a renter to .gov.

toys

Post by toys »

i think that was sort of a no brainer.

as far as who will be teflon , write in some loophole, or find some tax preparers to play in the gray/black area, or pass some law wiggling their way out of paying ,....who knows...

then there are always people that wont pay any tax no matter what.

madmanmccoy

Post by madmanmccoy »

Radio News had : "Costs of covid 19'setbacks' can be added to Goods & Services" ...on yesterday.........looking for links

bigdkf

Post by bigdkf »

There is lots of areas to cut in local government and especially the schools. There is zero need to raise property taxes. Doing so will just help to put put the economy in the trash faster and any "recovery" slowed.

Savage11

Post by Savage11 »

I wonder if there are tax exceptions for Appalachian caucasians, or a red neck tax loophole?

Weaponmark

Post by Weaponmark »

Trump won't bail cities out that promoted destruction, so they will tax residents and claim it's Trumps fault.

Henry Stevens

Post by Henry Stevens »

They should decrease. If the government is closing businesses, there is a reduction of enforcement accompanying this. If they are closing schools, there is less need for funding. Closed businesses means less highway use, again, this should mean less tax need.

We all should be pushing state representatives for an income tax rebate!!!!