Forum Status Updates

One forum to rule them all.. sort of.
User avatar
nalioth
Posts: 594
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:30 pm

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by nalioth »

Fjordforder wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:35 pm
So, when are we scheduled to go live?
There is no schedule.

As soon as you make a schedule, Mr. Murphy comes along and defaces it.


It will happen when it happens.

User avatar
Jen
Site Admin
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:08 am

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Jen »

Fjordforder wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:35 pm
So, when are we scheduled to go live?
As per my most recent update - as soon as we get the feedback system issue resolved.

User avatar
Christopher67
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:34 am
Location: Maine

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Christopher67 »

Fjordforder wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:35 pm
So, when are we scheduled to go live?
This ^^

Image
Image

User avatar
Christopher67
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:34 am
Location: Maine

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Christopher67 »

Jen wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:43 pm
Fjordforder wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:35 pm
So, when are we scheduled to go live?
As per my most recent update - as soon as we get the feedback system issue resolved.
Awesome!

Image
Image

Fjordforder
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:14 am

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Fjordforder »

Makes sense to me. Every day that passes is another day closer, right?

Mr Nobody
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:19 pm

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Mr Nobody »

nalioth wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:27 pm
Cypheros wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:23 pm
Mr Nobody wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:06 pm
I’m on a couple of forums that have been updated ... it’s actually a good thing but most of you are going to bitch.
This one has been super old style for a long time with things that didn’t work right ... by five years ago standards.
If it’s going to be what I expect it will
Auto photo resize and - load photos derect from your device - like buttons - alerts when your quoted and liked ....... stuff like that.
On the ones Iv seen the list of posts on each page is hard to read for some reason ... there’s a setting for dark and light mode that makes that issue for me much better.
Wait! Does this mean we get Tags back???
No.
Oh really
What then smarter than everyone guy?
Some lame five year old version instead of the ten to fifteen year old one we’ve had here?
You should get out more and see what up to date forums look like before you speak

User avatar
nalioth
Posts: 594
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:30 pm

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by nalioth »

Mr Nobody wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:27 pm
nalioth wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:27 pm
Cypheros wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:23 pm


Wait! Does this mean we get Tags back???
No.
Oh really
What then smarter than everyone guy?
Some lame five year old version instead of the ten to fifteen year old one we’ve had here?
You should get out more and see what up to date forums look like before you speak
Not sure what you're rambling on about, but the "tags" functionality isn't coming back.

Is is included in the new software? Yep.


When the discussion board devs figure out how to hook the tagger's name to their work, then we can have tags back.


. . . but not before.

Mr Nobody
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:19 pm

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Mr Nobody »

What I’m talking about? ... you know very well
Iv been saying it for years that the Files is antiquated compared to other forums that have updated their junk
Every time I say it you pretend like I don’t know what I’m talking about ... what if you weren’t a condescending prick all the time?

Invictus77
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:08 pm

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Invictus77 »

Jen wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:27 pm
We are VERY close to reopening AK Files at this point with FAL Files to follow shortly behind.
I was initially surprised when I read this thinking you would have prioritized the superior side of the fence first, but then I realized you probably wanted to use those AK clowns as the guinea pigs, and save the best for last. Makes perfect sense. You were already a step ahead of me!

Thank you Jen, you are obviously a very smart lady. Please carry on :D

User avatar
Jen
Site Admin
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:08 am

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Jen »

Invictus77 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:54 pm
Jen wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:27 pm
We are VERY close to reopening AK Files at this point with FAL Files to follow shortly behind.
I was initially surprised when I read this thinking you would have prioritized the superior side of the fence first, but then I realized you probably wanted to use those AK clowns as the guinea pigs, and save the best for last. Makes perfect sense. You were already a step ahead of me!

Thank you Jen, you are obviously a very smart lady. Please carry on :D
:lol: I've had a few folks ask me why AK was first - The databases were smaller, required less error checking and moved over quicker. That's it, no other reason. The AK Guys are also a younger crowd and adjust to change quicker and with less bitching, so there is that ;)

Invictus77
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:08 pm

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Invictus77 »

Jen wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:22 pm
Invictus77 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:54 pm
Jen wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:27 pm
We are VERY close to reopening AK Files at this point with FAL Files to follow shortly behind.
I was initially surprised when I read this thinking you would have prioritized the superior side of the fence first, but then I realized you probably wanted to use those AK clowns as the guinea pigs, and save the best for last. Makes perfect sense. You were already a step ahead of me!

Thank you Jen, you are obviously a very smart lady. Please carry on :D
:lol: I've had a few folks ask me why AK was first - The databases were smaller, required less error checking and moved over quicker. That's it, no other reason. The AK Guys are also a younger crowd and adjust to change quicker and with less bitching, so there is that ;)
I saw a comment on arfcom a few years ago basically stating that the FALfiles were a bunch of men in their 50s and 60s, trading 50 and 60 year old rifles, and both the men and the rifles were all made in the '50s and '60s.

Like most "generalizations" there is some truth there LOL. I know. I are one :D

yellowhand
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:39 am

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by yellowhand »

Invictus77 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:34 pm
Jen wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:22 pm
Invictus77 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:54 pm


I was initially surprised when I read this thinking you would have prioritized the superior side of the fence first, but then I realized you probably wanted to use those AK clowns as the guinea pigs, and save the best for last. Makes perfect sense. You were already a step ahead of me!

Thank you Jen, you are obviously a very smart lady. Please carry on :D
:lol: I've had a few folks ask me why AK was first - The databases were smaller, required less error checking and moved over quicker. That's it, no other reason. The AK Guys are also a younger crowd and adjust to change quicker and with less bitching, so there is that ;)
I saw a comment on arfcom a few years ago basically stating that the FALfiles were a bunch of men in their 50s and 60s, trading 50 and 60 year old rifles, and both the men and the rifles were all made in the '50s and '60s.

Like most "generalizations" there is some truth there LOL. I know. I are one :D
Damn,,,that left a mark!!!!! :lol:

Pluribus
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:25 pm

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Pluribus »

Words hurt sometimes. ☹️


Just being a smarty. Thanks Jen!

Well there may be some truth to the Falfiles guys bitching more, the jack ass factor is far far less. That’s why I let my AK files account drown itself years ago on one of the other crashes and didn’t renew due to too many Neanderthals and narrow mind.

Nothing personal to all the Neanderthals though. Kong on dude!

A J
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:05 am

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by A J »

Jen wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:22 pm
Invictus77 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:54 pm
Jen wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:27 pm
We are VERY close to reopening AK Files at this point with FAL Files to follow shortly behind.
I was initially surprised when I read this thinking you would have prioritized the superior side of the fence first, but then I realized you probably wanted to use those AK clowns as the guinea pigs, and save the best for last. Makes perfect sense. You were already a step ahead of me!

Thank you Jen, you are obviously a very smart lady. Please carry on :D
:lol: I've had a few folks ask me why AK was first - The databases were smaller, required less error checking and moved over quicker. That's it, no other reason. The AK Guys are also a younger crowd and adjust to change quicker and with less bitching, so there is that ;)
To summarize Jen's comments... Mom likes us best! :)

hkshooter
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:16 am

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by hkshooter »

I figured AKs were first because they would bitch soonest and loudest, never figured it the other way around. Now I feel old. And grumpy. Thanks Jen. :)

EinheitElfV2
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:27 am

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by EinheitElfV2 »

Thank you Jen and the behind the scenes people for all the hard work!

Oh and yea,smart to use the AK people as test cases and besides simpler minds need simpler forums... ;)

User avatar
TheGreek!
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:20 am

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by TheGreek! »

Jen wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:22 pm


The AK Guys are also a younger crowd and adjust to change quicker and with less bitching, so there is that ;)
Yeah I've heard that in order to own an FAL you have to be old enough to qualify for social security... :lol:
Happiness, is a road, lined with wooden crosses with liberals nailed to them

User avatar
Jen
Site Admin
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:08 am

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Jen »

Quick update posted. Lot of stuff to work on still.

Sierra Nevada Marine
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:30 pm

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Sierra Nevada Marine »

I first owned a 50.63 when I was 26 years old, no clones no licensed L1A1's the real deal, so that blows your theory all to hell and back.

TheGreek! wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:57 pm

Yeah I've heard that in order to own an FAL you have to be old enough to qualify for social security... :lol:
It doesn't matter where it is, just so it isn't where you are!

User avatar
TheGreek!
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:20 am

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by TheGreek! »

Sierra Nevada Marine wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:59 am
I first owned a 50.63 when I was 26 years old, no clones no licensed L1A1's the real deal, so that blows your theory all to hell and back.

TheGreek! wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:57 pm

Yeah I've heard that in order to own an FAL you have to be old enough to qualify for social security... :lol:
Wow talk about no sense of humor, you must be real fun at parties...
Happiness, is a road, lined with wooden crosses with liberals nailed to them

RKHarm24
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:08 am
Location: North of the DFW Metromess

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by RKHarm24 »

TheGreek! wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:57 pm
Jen wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:22 pm


The AK Guys are also a younger crowd and adjust to change quicker and with less bitching, so there is that ;)
Yeah I've heard that in order to own an FAL you have to be old enough to qualify for social security... :lol:
Pretty much. I am SS age and back in mid 80's I was involved where a drunk driver turned in frontof me, headed to the beer store. After the settlement I was laying around looking through a SHotgun News. Had prices posted back then. 1 store had an FAL and FNC for sale. Both were less than $2000.00.
I almost bought both but wife wanted a boat. So a boat we bought. Everytime I think about it, I want to kick my own ass.

IIRC, H&K G6 was a grand and the HK 94, was that the long barrel 9mm carbine?? It was less than a GRAND. Those Dayz ARE GONE.

Mebsuta
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Mebsuta »

teh FAL is easier to assemble than an AK, and for years it was less expensive to do it. It's also more powerful than the AK, so that's why I have FALs instead of AKs.

Other than that I think it's like Horde vs Alliance; same people playing both sides.

idsubgun
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:40 am

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by idsubgun »

Invictus77 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:34 pm

I saw a comment on arfcom a few years ago basically stating that the FALfiles were a bunch of men in their 50s and 60s, trading 50 and 60 year old rifles, and both the men and the rifles were all made in the '50s and '60s.

Someone should tell that member of ArfCom that the AR was developed in the 50's so their rifle is going on 70 years old.

User avatar
Jen
Site Admin
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:08 am

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Jen »

idsubgun wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:23 pm
Invictus77 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:34 pm

I saw a comment on arfcom a few years ago basically stating that the FALfiles were a bunch of men in their 50s and 60s, trading 50 and 60 year old rifles, and both the men and the rifles were all made in the '50s and '60s.

Someone should tell that member of ArfCom that the AR was developed in the 50's so their rifle is going on 70 years old.
hes-right-you-know.jpg
hes-right-you-know.jpg (66.29 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
(And this image should have it's own BB code :lol: )

But Its A Dry Heat
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:29 pm
Location: Hot, real fricken Hot

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by But Its A Dry Heat »

I have versions of both but I call the AK files my home. I belong to other boards but the boys on the AK files I can identify with most.

That also their is something seriously wrong with me. :mrgreen:
Nuke China Now. Make the world a better place.

Post Reply