I want my M14

One forum to rule them all.. sort of.
ArtBanks

I want my M14

Post by ArtBanks »

Get this darn thing back on coarse , please.
Need my fix.

01BIRDDOG

Re: I want my M14

Post by 01BIRDDOG »

I know what you mean. Do we all start out again with "0" post after really racking them up?

ArtBanks

Post by ArtBanks »

To me, it's the content of the posts, not the number. Just want to see things stabilized. After the crap going on with the M14forum, I hate to see more changes. I suppose it is a sign of the times, but not welcome at all.

nalioth

Post by nalioth »

01BIRDDOG wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:03 pm
I know what you mean. Do we all start out again with "0" post after really racking them up?
This is a temporary forum, folks.

We'll all soon be back rolling around in our old digs.

Glashaus

Post by Glashaus »

ArtBanks wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:10 pm
To me, it's the content of the posts, not the number. Just want to see things stabilized. After the crap going on with the M14forum, I hate to see more changes. I suppose it is a sign of the times, but not welcome at all.
Upheaval and change is afoot! The Files will get back to normal soon, The M14Forum is dead to me, it was actually the Forum that I have been on the longest but with the complete makeover I have decided to stay away from it. I know that they have changed it but having a M1 Carbine in the banner was ridiculous, it told me all I needed to know about the new owners and administrators of the site. I really despise the new format over there.

ArtBanks

Post by ArtBanks »

Glashaus wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:40 pm
ArtBanks wrote:
Upheaval and change is afoot! The Files will get back to normal soon, The M14Forum is dead to me, it was actually the Forum that I have been on the longest but with the complete makeover I have decided to stay away from it. I know that they have changed it but having a M1 Carbine in the banner was ridiculous, it told me all I needed to know about the new owners and administrators of the site. I really despise the new format over there.
I do spend a lot of time on the M14forum but since they booted Art Luppino, I am on the M14BR way more. Besides I like the way Hawk works.

Tommo

Post by Tommo »

ArtBanks wrote:
Yes, the M14Form has really been FUBARed IMHO!

Pvt.Joker

Post by Pvt.Joker »

Haven't been over there in quite a long time. Sorry to hear about the condition, but places change over time. I used to be non-stop between 1919A4.com and MG42.US, but it has been a few years since I have visited either of those firearms forums and I just kind of faded away as the places changed. Because at the core of it, what makes or breaks a forum is the people there and how/who runs it FAR more so than the technical gun info (although that DOES matter too). Kind of like when English Mike just about ran everyone off from here a few years ago. Moderating IS a tough and usually thankless job, but let the wrong personality have the reigns and you can watch the active participants flee, and then all you have left is trolls and lurkers.

Anyway, glad to see the board here up for now, and hopefully you can get the regular full version running again soon. But I *do* hope that if you decide to upgrade, that you keep what made the old version unique and not go with the latest, most generic software package that has all the charm of this version. Fine for a lifeboat; but the ship we had to abandon was much more visually appealing, IMHO.