NRA Scandal

One forum to rule them all.. sort of.
def90

Re: NRA Scandal

Post by def90 »

Nev wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:52 am
Fuck NRA. All my donations have always gone to NAGR National Association for Gun Rights and GOA Gun Owners of America.

NRA has never been, in my lifetime, about anything beyond their self-sustaining interest. Don't get me started on how much $$$$ they wasted on magazines and shit giveaways and other projects.

Like every other special interest group, all they’ve ever cared about are their clients: politicians they own & their corporate industry puppet masters. They're a PAC for the U.S. gun manufacturing industry -- which is acceptable. But NOT/NEVER an advocate for the rights of law-abiding citizen gun owning 2nd amendment supporters. They’ve eroded and harmed our rights more than helped, which includes stupid mind boggling shitty PR statements after incidents.

And they NEVER gave a shit for or advocated for our sweet imported rifles and cheap ammo. There's a long list of other gun rights NRA capitulations they're guilty of someone else will be able to provide. FUCK NRA. Good riddance.

Maybe the accused can be sent away for good, long time, this historically important organization resurrected? I don't know. It may really need to get blown up. FACT: there are a whole lot Democratic politicians on local/federal level who are NRA members, gun owners, defenders.

Maybe just hang Wayne and his cohorts from an overpass? And then hope they can restructure and move on?
Might want to rethink NAGR, it’s owned/operated by Dudley Brown here in Colorado. If you think Wayne and the NRA are thieves I’m pretty sure that NADR along with Dudley’s other group RMGO has funded his lifestyle more than his lobbying. Dudley just lost his Colorado mag limit lawsuit in a way that doesn’t allow for any kind of appeal. He screwed us out of some other possibilities here in Colorado as well due to his “no compromise” attitude and he has flipped a few seats here in Colorado from Rep to Dem due to him backing candidates that split the vote. He’s not well regarded here in Colorado.

cotter

Post by cotter »

I've never heard one dimwit mention any organization except the nra. That right there is enough to give them minimal $ support.

Not all non-profits are =, clinton foundation anyone... And non-profit doesn't mean the big wigs don't make tons of $. Look at the issues wwp went thru a few years ago. Look up the salaries of the red cross executives, but hurry donate til it hurts!

Nev

Post by Nev »

def90 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:45 am
Might want to rethink NAGR, it’s owned/operated by Dudley Brown here in Colorado. If you think Wayne and the NRA are thieves I’m pretty sure that NADR along with Dudley’s other group RMGO has funded his lifestyle more than his lobbying. Dudley just lost his Colorado mag limit lawsuit in a way that doesn’t allow for any kind of appeal. He screwed us out of some other possibilities here in Colorado as well due to his “no compromise” attitude and he has flipped a few seats here in Colorado from Rep to Dem due to him backing candidates that split the vote. He’s not well regarded here in Colorado.
Thanks.

I found this article interesting. Solid take on what's wrong with the lawsuit at it's core:
Liberals should not want New York’s AG to take down the NRA this way
"...by seeking to dissolve the NRA, the New York attorney general is knowingly creating a narrative that is potentially costly to the rule of law, that may create terrible precedents for other states and that potentially implicates the First Amendment."

Stuntbutt

Post by Stuntbutt »

swohfal wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:13 am
Well, just became a life member and I am looking forward to voting for folks who will vote Wayne out.
Are you sure there is a mechanism in place to achieve that?

Henry Stevens

Post by Henry Stevens »

I am an NRA member but I do believe management of that organization should be replaced. Also, as pointed out, maybe it is not the perfect organization in its design so others may be necessary too.

But, I do not want the Left imposing themselves over anything regarding the NRA. So I want them resisted. This means suing the lying bitch who brought the lawsuit, fine. Sue her and the horse she rode in on. They do not have a prayer in dissolving the NRA so that claim is only going to fuel support for the NRA.

Thorack

Post by Thorack »

swohfal wrote:
Well, just became a life member and I am looking forward to voting for folks who will vote Wayne out.
Never gonna happen. The NRA Polit Buro is is deeply involved with activities with Wayne and wont let him go down or the jig is up for them as well.

Thorack

4markk

Post by 4markk »

New York AG claims felonious activity yet sues on behalf of New York NRA Members. Not a single criminal charge filed.

Someone stated above, yeah because lawsuits are easier. Yeah, the burden of proof is lower, but that is not the way our judicial system is supposed to work. Either there is proof of wrong doing or there is not. The government is not allowed to go on a fishing expedition through a civil lawsuit.

Let's summarize:
The media wants the NRA gone because they believe they are too effective at countering their message to rally gun owners.
Bloomberg wants the NRA gone because they believe they are too effective at getting gun owners to vote.
Democrats want the NRA gone because they believe they are too effective at lobbying politicians against gun-control.

So, what does that say about gun owners that join forces with those above to damage the NRA????

BillT

Post by BillT »

4markk wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:12 pm
New York AG claims felonious activity yet sues on behalf of New York NRA Members. Not a single criminal charge filed.

Someone stated above, yeah because lawsuits are easier. Yeah, the burden of proof is lower, but that is not the way our judicial system is supposed to work. Either there is proof of wrong doing or there is not. The government is not allowed to go on a fishing expedition through a civil lawsuit.

Let's summarize:
The media wants the NRA gone because they believe they are too effective at countering their message to rally gun owners.
Bloomberg wants the NRA gone because they believe they are too effective at getting gun owners to vote.
Democrats want the NRA gone because they believe they are too effective at lobbying politicians against gun-control.

So, what does that say about gun owners that join forces with those above to damage the NRA????
Shows they are smart enough to recognize a thief?

4markk

Post by 4markk »

BillT wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:35 pm
4markk wrote:

Let's summarize:

Do you have evidence that even the NY AG doesn't appear to have? Please present it, we'd all love to see it.
Or are you only spewing Leftist Propaganda?

meltblown

Post by meltblown »

4markk wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:24 pm
BillT wrote:
4markk wrote:

Let's summarize:

Do you have evidence that even the NY AG doesn't appear to have? Please present it, we'd all love to see it.
Like it has been mentioned before, nothing done about the Clinton Foundation taking in money for Haiti and distributing 5% of it to Haiti. I'm not beholden to the NRA anymore. They gave in too many times, and I think WLP is about the worst type to present to gun owners. If I give any it's to the GOA. But I'm not going to relinquish the field to the gun grabbers. Why they kept their charter in NYS and stay incorporated up in the heart of gun grabber land is beyond me.

cotter

Post by cotter »

Besides once you donate to an prganization, or politician, it is no longer your money. You have less than zero say in how/where/why it is spent. The NRA may not be the best game in town but they are the most hated by the left. Where can I donate?

4markk

Post by 4markk »

meltblown wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:00 pm
4markk wrote:
BillT wrote:

Like it has been mentioned before, nothing done about the Clinton Foundation taking in money for Haiti and distributing 5% of it to Haiti. I'm not beholden to the NRA anymore. They gave in too many times, and I think WLP is about the worst type to present to gun owners. If I give any it's to the GOA. But I'm not going to relinquish the field to the gun grabbers. Why they kept their charter in NYS and stay incorporated up in the heart of gun grabber land is beyond me.
Any strategic fight requires a combined arms attack.
1) The NRA is the leviathan. The 800 lbs gorilla to distract and contain the gun grabbers.
2) GOA is the no compromise that can force people to the table, like Tier 3 & 4 SOF.
3) The 2nd Amendment Foundation is the surgical strike, like Tier 1 & 2 SOF.
4) Gun owners, we are the foundation in which they receive their strength.

NONE of us can do it on our own. Our opponent is too sophisticated. If any one is destroyed or severely damaged, SO IS OUR CAUSE. It can cause a setback that could take years to recover.

So gun owners can whine and cry that the bad NRA didn't do what I told them to do .... Or LaPierre looks weird .... Or that he is a crook because the Leftist Media says so (which I don't believe anything else they say, but I believe this). All the while giving in to the divide and conquer technique the gun grabbers are counting on.

OR we can all unite in our fight and support those in that fight. As a great patriot once said, "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. "

4markk

Post by 4markk »

cotter wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:52 pm
Besides once you donate to an prganization, or politician, it is no longer your money. You have less than zero say in how/where/why it is spent. The NRA may not be the best game in town but they are the most hated by the left. Where can I donate?
+1

Invictus77

Post by Invictus77 »

4markk wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:51 am
Any strategic fight requires a combined arms attack.
1) The NRA is the leviathan. The 800 lbs gorilla to distract and contain the gun grabbers.
2) GOA is the no compromise that can force people to the table, like Tier 3 & 4 SOF.
3) The 2nd Amendment Foundation is the surgical strike, like Tier 1 & 2 SOF.
4) Gun owners, we are the foundation in which they receive their strength.

NONE of us can do it on our own. Our opponent is too sophisticated. If any one is destroyed or severely damaged, SO IS OUR CAUSE. It can cause a setback that could take years to recover.

So gun owners can whine and cry that the bad NRA didn't do what I told them to do .... Or LaPierre looks weird .... Or that he is a crook because the Leftist Media says so (which I don't believe anything else they say, but I believe this). All the while giving in to the divide and conquer technique the gun grabbers are counting on.

OR we can all unite in our fight and support those in that fight. As a great patriot once said, "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. "
^^^^THIS^^^^

None of them are perfect, but they are all on our side of the fence. I join/donate to them all and recommend you all do the same.

Nev

Post by Nev »

4markk wrote:

The government is not allowed to go on a fishing expedition through a civil lawsuit.

Agree. And an extraordinarily important point. I suspect over the head of many here, as it applies to precedent* when it comes to how it WILL BE USED by another/any party in the future. If the Democrats win executive and senate...Jesus Fucking Christ anyone here capable of comprehending how the legal shit Republicans currently approve of and legitimize under Trump can and will be used against their interests in the future????? EVERYTHING Barr does to empower the executive branch, cut his own dick off running the DOJ, the way Trump works to...ah fuck it. Nevertheless...all this shit applies if, when, one day Democrats are running the show. Have fun mopping up your own brains when your heads explode when the democrats play by the rules today's GOP and Trumpers have legitimized.

*Precedent: an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered acceptable** in subsequent similar circumstances.

**acceptable My addition to internet definition

MACV

Post by MACV »

4markk wrote:
BillT wrote:
4markk wrote:

Let's summarize:

Me! Me! I've got my hand up! I know this one!

Nigel Quarterbrain

Post by Nigel Quarterbrain »

Nev wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:24 am
4markk wrote:

The government is not allowed to go on a fishing expedition through a civil lawsuit.

Agree. And an extraordinarily important point. I suspect over the head of many here, as it applies to precedent* when it comes to how it WILL BE USED by another/any party in the future. If the Democrats win executive and senate...Jesus Fucking Christ anyone here capable of comprehending how the legal shit Republicans currently approve of and legitimize under Trump can and will be used against their interests in the future????? EVERYTHING Barr does to empower the executive branch, cut his own dick off running the DOJ, the way Trump works to...ah fuck it. Nevertheless...all this shit applies if, when, one day Democrats are running the show. Have fun mopping up your own brains when your heads explode when the democrats play by the rules today's GOP and Trumpers have legitimized.

*Precedent: an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered acceptable** in subsequent similar circumstances.

**acceptable My addition to internet definition
What are the alternatives to our current unconstitutional climate against the house of criminals?

Shall we dither and dally as the left takes the country down into communism and sloth/theft and destroy decency while replacing it with bedlam and degeneracy and murder of all that is good? Shall we allow them to bring us all to the level of Somalia?

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country instead of typing it, isn't it?

I say we should put away our typewriters of days gone bye and make from them the tools that will restore . . .

Who am I kidding.

We need a dictator to counter the diktats and juvenile delinquents currently trying to destroy this place otherwise we are all finished.

Where are the responsible adults?

OH, we have an 80 YO speaker of the house acting like a retarded 3 YO with the power of the congressional retarded criminals

It will be OK if we just let them have their way, right?

swohfal

Post by swohfal »

Stuntbutt wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:37 am
swohfal wrote:
Are you sure there is a mechanism in place to achieve that?
I'm eligible to vote for the board and I would think a majority vote of the board would be what is required.

BillT

Post by BillT »

Good news!! The FAL Files Law School is turning out graduates who can refute all those lefty theft investigators.

4markk

Post by 4markk »

There's probably more here than you might realize. Unfortunately nowhere near as many as the ne'er-do-wells. The critics who seem to take joy in pointing out how the strong man stumbles, yet himself never willing to raise a finger themselves to help. But whine the loudest when the effort fails.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” Theodore Roosevelt

Get involved!!!!! Ours is a fight of eternal vigilance.
1) Donate to the NRA, no matter how much, it will help send a message.
2) Donate to the GOA, they are currently unmarred , but next in the sights.
3) If you buy from Amazon, sign up for their SMILES program and assign your contributions to the 2nd Amendment Foundation. So a portion of what you spend will go to them.
4) If you have a few dollars more we could use your help here in Virginia where we are now on the frontlines of the fight: https://www.gofundme.com/f/1v38qzeq9c

In addition to that, talk to all your gun owner friends to make sure they are registered to vote. Give them links to local election authorities. Here's the website we use in the Military, it is well designed to get you to the right place. https://www.fvap.gov/

Strive to get 5 friends to vote. Ask them to do the same, and to tell those they sign up to do the same.

the gman

Post by the gman »

BillT wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:57 pm
Good news!! The FAL Files Law School is turning out graduates who can refute all those lefty theft investigators.
You weren't missed when you got banned off the previous board and nothing you're posting now is any kind of evidence you should be allowed back when the board eventually gets rebuilt. You were and are, nothing more than an asshole with a serious side of socialist douchebag. In other news, WLP is a thief and should be fired, charged, imprisoned and made to repay his ill gotten gains to the NRA.

Thorack

Post by Thorack »

def90 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:45 am
Nev wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:52 am
Fuck NRA. All my donations have always gone to NAGR National Association for Gun Rights and GOA Gun Owners of America.

NRA has never been, in my lifetime, about anything beyond their self-sustaining interest. Don't get me started on how much $$$$ they wasted on magazines and shit giveaways and other projects.

Like every other special interest group, all they’ve ever cared about are their clients: politicians they own & their corporate industry puppet masters. They're a PAC for the U.S. gun manufacturing industry -- which is acceptable. But NOT/NEVER an advocate for the rights of law-abiding citizen gun owning 2nd amendment supporters. They’ve eroded and harmed our rights more than helped, which includes stupid mind boggling shitty PR statements after incidents.

And they NEVER gave a shit for or advocated for our sweet imported rifles and cheap ammo. There's a long list of other gun rights NRA capitulations they're guilty of someone else will be able to provide. FUCK NRA. Good riddance.

Maybe the accused can be sent away for good, long time, this historically important organization resurrected? I don't know. It may really need to get blown up. FACT: there are a whole lot Democratic politicians on local/federal level who are NRA members, gun owners, defenders.

Maybe just hang Wayne and his cohorts from an overpass? And then hope they can restructure and move on?
Old Dudley Brown stepped down recently after most of his supported candidates got shellacked in the primaries
https://www.denverpost.com/2020/07/08/r ... or-rhodes/

Thorack

BillT

Post by BillT »

the gman wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:44 pm
BillT wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:57 pm
You weren't missed when you got banned off the previous board and nothing you're posting now is any kind of evidence you should be allowed back when the board eventually gets rebuilt. You were and are, nothing more than an asshole with a serious side of socialist douchebag. In other news, WLP is a thief and should be fired, charged, imprisoned and made to repay his ill gotten gains to the NRA.
Glad we agree on WLP. As to the rest of your story, meh.

Douglas S Graham

Post by Douglas S Graham »

BAN DABTL, or BillT. No un-banning allowed. POS as he always is.

BillT

Post by BillT »

Douglas S Graham wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:07 pm
BAN DABTL, or BillT. No un-banning allowed. POS as he always is.
You working for Wayne Laierre? I think if he steals from a trust, corporation or individual he should be jailed. You seem to think otherwise.