c0dy33

Re: BIG BOOM in BEIRUT

Post by c0dy33 »

v guy

Post by v guy »

From Wiki:
Reactions

As ammonium nitrate is a salt, both the cation, NH4+, and the anion, NO3-, may take part in chemical reactions.

Solid ammonium nitrate decomposes on heating. At temperatures below ca. 300 C the decomposition is mainly to nitrous oxide and water

NH4NO3 → N2O + 2H2O

At higher temperatures, the following reaction predominates.[7]

2NH4NO3 → 2N2 + O2 + 4H2O

Both decomposition reactions are exothermic. Consequently, when the mass of ammonium nitrate is greater than the critical mass the decomposition is explosive. Many ammonium nitrate disasters, with loss of lives, have occurred. The brown colour in an explosion cloud is due to nitrogen dioxide, a secondary reaction product.

There was a fire going according to the films. Heating the AN, at least part of it by fireworks burning, released Nitrous Oxide, a known O2 factor.

Couple that fantastic 02 supply, and with the rest of the AN heating of the AN......... and kaboom.
ANFO requires only 6% fuel oil, as the AN if pretty good by itself.

I think that we can let IZZY go, and it was probably kids playing with matches.

Mountainman

Post by Mountainman »

Get real more like ammonium perchlorate went kaboom. black smoke probably from the rubber binder used for the solid rocket fuel. Heard that from an aviation prof.

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

Mountainman wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:45 pm
Get real more like ammonium perchlorate went kaboom. black smoke probably from the rubber binder used for the solid rocket fuel. Heard that from an aviation prof.
Oh come on Mountain man,,,,everyone knows none of the tens of thousands upon thousands of Iranian made missiles these people have were stored any where near that blast location. :lol:

It was a simple accident........ :lol:

https://missilethreat.csis.org/country/ ... t-arsenal/

Nev

Post by Nev »

yellowhand wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:53 pm
Mountainman wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:45 pm
Oh come on Mountain man,,,,everyone knows none of the tens of thousands upon thousands of Iranian made missiles these people have were stored any where near that blast location. :lol:

It was a simple accident........ :lol:

https://missilethreat.csis.org/country/ ... t-arsenal/
An expertly if not exquisitely coordinated and executed long-term strategy between a few countries or more??
Wouldn't overly surprise me in this part of the world.
Or even...somewhere else some day?

Pogue_Mahone

Post by Pogue_Mahone »

The size and speed of that shockwave makes me think this was probably another LNG or butane gas enhanced thermobaric truck bomb(s) that Hezbollah and Iran had blow up in their faces. The next big attack that Islam pulls off against the west will involve a device like this....probably masquerading at a legitimate LNG tanker truck or ship. If one of those big LNG ships went up in a big city port like Dubai or LA it would kill 10,000s of people.
Last edited by Pogue_Mahone on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nev

Post by Nev »

That country is literally the center of the world of sectarian proxy wars going on all over the place. Growing hard to believe it was...accidental.

Sierra Nevada Marine

Post by Sierra Nevada Marine »

More comparison pics of bomb site.

https://imgur.com/gallery/NXrporT
It doesn't matter where it is, just so it isn't where you are!

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

Nev wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:00 am
That country is literally the center of the world of sectarian proxy wars going on all over the place. Growing hard to believe it was...accidental.
Hisbalah has run that country for ages now, are always starting crap with Israel.
Israel has been taking out missiles from Iran, headed to Lebanon since the troubles began in Syria, now that they can over fly over that place at will.
I wondered all over Beirut, even around, roughly, where the bomb went off, in the early 70's, and everyone treated me with kindness, very dear people back then, very pretty ladies, :D ,but, that's all changed.
The Marine barracks, then thousands upon thousands dancing in the streets on 9/11, acting as a willing partner of Iran, against Israel, USA, screw them.

Lebanon is broke, Sky news was on this morning, saying that even before this, regular folks could not even buy toothpaste, government is in ruins, and still, they support terror.

Israel offered, a complete large military surgical hospital, ready to receive patients in a few hours, as far as I know right now, the offer was turned down flat.

Any country that turns down help, and allows their own people to die, ain't much of a country.

As for the blast, Hisbalah has been screaming death to Israel, all hyped up about their thousands of missiles ready to be launched, I suspect, they put a ton of them in one place, on the coast, and the blast had some help being set off.
Israel has to deny it, the world would eat them alive if they admitted it.
Lebanon has to say, it was not Israel, because, if they admitted it was, it would mean, they can't protect their own stuff, deep in the heart of their own country.

Hell, none of us will ever know what truly happened there.

2barearms

Post by 2barearms »

Anyone notice the grain silo sent a lot of the energy up....looking at the the 30 gr tall pile of dirt around the base of the silo and the damage sustained by it, I’d say it save a lot of lives. The crater says volumes as well...

Pistolero1911

Post by Pistolero1911 »

Damage at an almost Biblical level.

Half of those concrete grain silos just vaporized.

2barearms

Post by 2barearms »

69Rebel wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:11 am
For the second time, for the illiterate amongst us (most of you, apparently), it was 2750 TONS, or 5.5 MILLION LBS of ammonium nitrate, evidently stored somewhat haphazardly in a warehouse that was also full of fireworks.

Right next to one of the largest causes of explosions in the world...a grain silo....

davedude

Post by davedude »

New video plainly shows the missile that set it off. From a couple angles. Its on twitter.
Trump was right. It was an attack.

69Rebel

Post by 69Rebel »

davedude wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:10 pm
New video plainly shows the missile that set it off. From a couple angles. Its on twitter.
Linky?

davedude

Post by davedude »

🇧🇷LUCKYDUCKY🇺🇲 (@LuckyDuckyBr) Tweeted:
Imagens em Ultravioleta dão conta de um míssil atingindo o local da explosão em Beirute.
#Missile #Explosion #Beirut #Lebanon #Attack #Fire https://t.co/9VYDjbh6Ig https://twitter.com/LuckyDuckyBr/status ... 74852?s=20

If the link does not work search twitter for luckyduckybr and you will find it there.

Mountainman

Post by Mountainman »

:?: Looks like the missile struyck after the smoke was pluming????

riversidesports

Post by riversidesports »

Well lot's of speculation from Clown Cars everywhere...

1st, let's cover a few points:

What was used at Oklahomo City wasn't merely "ANFO"
it was a binary better known as Astrolite
Amonium Nitrate with powdered Aluminum mixed with Nitromethane racing fuel

The goofball in Norway built a similar device adding nano level Carbon micro spheres as I recall
There are a variety of fomulations of Astrolite
some were deployed as a spray during the Vietnam War turning earth to literal HE

Okay, ANFO is pretty low velocity but you can play with it and build insane shit
mostly is great for pushing shit like bridge abutments.

Fertilzer grade AN is not that explosive plus its insanely hydroscopic. More water it absorbs, lower its yield
six years sitting in a warehouse on the water front ?
should have been sludge and nearly inert
still fine for agriculture, for shit as HE but I really dont know humidity well there or how it was packaged/stored

Generally you needed to purify the ag grade AN for serious explosives work and thats a bit of tricky business
remember in all the explosions folks a citing it was factory fresh AN, at least one case it was the highly purified HE grade crap

It has interesting properties
if you use 40% dynamite to detonate it it cycles at that speed
you use say RDX it will move MUCH higher

I am kinda leaning toward some raghead munitions factory/dump myself where they were processing large quantities of AN either as HE or rocket fuel.
Just my opinion
probably for Syrian fighters, maybe elsewhere

nope Izzys didnt do this shit
stupid assholes trying to flip stored ag AN probably did accidently

JohnnyReb

Post by JohnnyReb »

2barearms, I think your slighty under.

2750 METRIC TONS = 2750 x1000 = 2,750,000 Kg.

2,750,000 Kg. x 2.2 = 6,050,000 Lbs.

That a SHIT TON of BOOM!

Please check my math.

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

davedude wrote:
Its not shown up on any of the other videos,,,suspect, fake.

And since the place was burning before the big explosion, hundreds of videos were taken.

A missile can be tracked, and tracked back to wherever it originated from.

davedude

Post by davedude »

yellowhand wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:43 pm
davedude wrote:

And since the place was burning before the big explosion, hundreds of videos were taken.

Have you seen all the other videos with the missile in them? Quite a few now because plenty folks was filming the fire before the explosion. I guess they could all be fake though, right?
I'll bet it was tracked. Some folks know where it came from.
Nobody can say it wasn't a coordinated attack because they do not know for sure. The fire was set to cover and then the missile called in. They know that fertilizer was there, it had been there years.

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

davedude wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:18 am
yellowhand wrote:
davedude wrote:

Have you seen all the other videos with the missile in them? Quite a few now because plenty folks was filming the fire before the explosion. I guess they could all be fake though, right?
Nobody can say it wasn't a coordinated attack because they do not know for sure. The fire was set to cover and then the missile called in. They know that fertilizer was there, it had been there years.
Don't get me wrong, I expect that blast was done on purpose.
Just not with a missile.
Right on the water front, perfect job for them navy types.
Why use a missile, when a few guys in scuba gear, some det cord, and a timer leaves nothing behind?

davedude

Post by davedude »

yellowhand wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:37 am
davedude wrote:
yellowhand wrote:

Just not with a missile.
Why use a missile, when a few guys in scuba gear, some det cord, and a timer leaves nothing behind?
I hear ya. Missile is pretty obvious.
Some of the other vids are fakes for sure.
I'm still thinkin missile though. Easy for me to believe hezbolla had a weapon shop right there using civilians of Beirut as human shields. And there is chatter that says the hezbolla boys was planning something soon to be executed too. And you know the izzys are not gonna sit around and wait to get hit.

yellowhand

Post by yellowhand »

davedude wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:16 am
yellowhand wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:37 am
davedude wrote:

Just not with a missile.
I hear ya. Missile is pretty obvious.
Some of the other vids are fakes for sure.
I'm still thinkin missile though. Easy for me to believe hezbolla had a weapon shop right there using civilians of Beirut as human shields. And there is chatter that says the hezbolla boys was planning something soon to be executed too. And you know the izzys are not gonna sit around and wait to get hit.
hezbala a couple weeks back, was screaming death to Israel, claiming they were about to shoot off K's of missiles.
Its well known, they store these missiles among civilians, to prevent Israel from taking them out.
This was perfect for Israel, if they did it, right on the coast, all that crap stored there, set off the missiles, then sit back, deny everything, blame it on Russian fertilizer and the stupidity of the Arabs.