Grandsons are better than real sons!!!!

One forum to rule them all.. sort of.
Invictus77

Grandsons are better than real sons!!!!

Post by Invictus77 »

Don't get me wrong, I loved raising my 5 boys. We had and still have great times together, but I now have a plethora of grandkids, mostly boys.

The two boys here this weekend are 9 y/o step-brothers who have been raised together since they were about 3. Definite "partners in crime", but different as night and day.

As always, about the time it gets daylight (around 5:30 now) the dark haired one will stick his head in the door of my shop and see if I am out here and what I am doing. By 7-ish the blond haired one will wake up as well and the three of us head off to Shoney's for the breakfast buffet.

Get back home, ride the Mule (UTV) around the hayfield, ride bicycles in the woods, swim in the pool, feed the horses, paddle the johnboat around the lake and fish, ride scooters in the pole barn, play with the dogs, shoot the BB gun, wash, rinse, repeat. They can bounce between different things every 10 or 15 minutes and have an unbelievable amount of energy. It hard to keep up with them. They have finally settled in the pool for a while with Blondzilla and a girlfriend.

Really they are not any different than my own boys at that age, so why are they "better"???

Because their Mom is on the way here now to pick them up and take them home!!!!

Last edited by Invictus77 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meltblown

Re: Grandsons are better than real sons!!!!

Post by meltblown »

Looks like wifey has some more mowing to do.

Randall

Post by Randall »

Sugar them up and then send them home. Payback for all the stuff you didn't catch your kids doing growing up.

Invictus77

Post by Invictus77 »

meltblown wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:10 pm
Looks like wifey has some more mowing to do.
That's hay not yard you are seeing, but yes she mows that too. Just need a stretch of dry weather in the next couple or three weeks.

MI redneck

Post by MI redneck »

Good times with Grandpa.
Lucky boys! 8-)

cotter

Post by cotter »

Looks like a beautiful Kentucky afternoon for you all to enjoy.

hebie82

Post by hebie82 »

Randall wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:20 pm
Sugar them up and then send them home. Payback for all the stuff you didn't catch your kids doing growing up.
Just dont do what my dad did once and time it wrong. He gave my oldest (at the time 3) foot-long pixie sticks and let him go to town. I came to get them and my mother was cleaning wet pixie dust from her cream-colored couch. Apparently, he got caught jumping on the couch while flinging pixie dust in the air and then licking it off thr couch. It just smeared blue and pink all over.
One of them girls that peels off the Bud Light label

Broncowilly

Post by Broncowilly »

I sure miss my grandsons! 2700 miles makes it difficult to interact with them much. :(

Travish

Post by Travish »

“and the three of us head off to Shoney's for the breakfast buffet. Get back home, ride the Mule (UTV) around the hayfield, ride bicycles in the woods, swim in the pool, feed the horses, paddle the johnboat around the lake and fish, ride scooters in the pole barn, play with the dogs, shoot the BB gun, wash, rinse, repeat”

Are you adopting? I’m only 57. 😉

Broncowilly

Post by Broncowilly »

I'll be 60 too soon and no, when my son discharged from the Marine Corps he took a job and the VA in Canandaigua, NY as a police officer. He keeps saying he's going to transfer out this way or at least closer but it hasn't happened as of yet.

A J

Post by A J »

Those are some lucky grandsons. My grandparents lived right down the street but never did anything with us other than having us rake leaves, pull weeds, cut grass, and bitch about their latest medical maladies.

Ol Okie

Post by Ol Okie »

I love mine. He loves to come to popas. I’ve got a son aged 7 and he’s like a grandson. Boy, does he keep me hoping!!!