Ice chest smell!

One forum to rule them all.. sort of.
Broncowilly

Re: Ice chest smell!

Post by Broncowilly »

madmanmccoy wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:08 pm
Worse than any stench.........I HAD a 110 qt Coleman,bought it for $40 from a Buddy & used it all the time in FLA . fishin' wrecks................
Mrs.Madman had a yard sale one weekend & I was in a drift boat on the Delaware..............came home & my 110qt cooler was MIA.......
"Well you haven't used it much lately"..... almost asked DEE-vorce lawyer if THAT was good grounds ..........still PO'd writing this........
I bought a NOS WWII jeep jack that still had the paper tag on it from May of 1944. It was sitting in a FedEx box on the dryer in the laundry room. My ex threw it away. $200.00 20 years ago! I went so far as go to the dump site looking through the dumpsters and then off to the recycle sort station looking for it. Never did find it. I'd been looking for the correct jack for my restored 1944 Willys MB for at least 5 years!

I did divorce her!

madmanmccoy

Post by madmanmccoy »

Broncowilly wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:19 pm
madmanmccoy wrote:
Worse than any stench.........I HAD a 110 qt Coleman,bought it for $40 from a Buddy & used it all the time in FLA . fishin' wrecks................
Mrs.Madman had a yard sale one weekend & I was in a drift boat on the Delaware..............came home & my 110qt cooler was MIA.......
"Well you haven't used it much lately"..... almost asked DEE-vorce lawyer if THAT was good grounds ..........still PO'd writing this........
I bought a NOS WWII jeep jack that still had the paper tag on it from May of 1944. It was sitting in a FedEx box on the dryer in the laundry room. My ex threw it away. $200.00 20 years ago! I went so far as go to the dump site looking through the dumpsters and then off to the recycle sort station looking for it. Never did find it. I'd been looking for the correct jack for my restored 1944 Willys MB for at least 5 years!

I did divorce her!
Willy,I'm still hitched , but there are times.........................here's one...out with the buddys...pull my Baush& Lomb wraps out of the HARDCASE & put 'em on.....look like 'someon' sat on them ...."Im gonna do a 187"........
Get home..."What happened to my Sunglasses? How'd they get bent?"

Answer: " IDK....you are always leaving them laying around"...GUILTY!!! Sure as Hell.........

madmanmccoy

Post by madmanmccoy »

Broncowilly wrote:
madmanmccoy wrote:

I did divorce her!
Willy,I'm still hitched , but there are times.........................here's one...out with the buddys...pull my Baush& Lomb wraps out of the HARDCASE & put 'em on.....look like '"someone" ' sat on them ..............."I'm gonna do a 187"........

Answer: " IDK....you are always leaving them laying around"................GUILTY!!! Sure as Hell.........

Broncowilly

Post by Broncowilly »

madmanmccoy wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:26 pm
Broncowilly wrote:
madmanmccoy wrote:

I did divorce her!
Willy,I'm still hitched , but there are times.........................here's one...out with the buddys...pull my Baush& Lomb wraps out of the HARDCASE & put 'em on.....look like '"someone" ' sat on them ..............."I'm gonna do a 187"........

Answer: " IDK....you are always leaving them laying around"................GUILTY!!! Sure as Hell.........
That's not why I divorced her but that's a whole other story! :lol:

ByronF

Post by ByronF »

Would you say your Yeti stinks like Bigfoot's dick?

Travish

Post by Travish »

hebie82 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:35 pm
First use 1 cup of white vinegar to 8 cups of water. Let it soak overnight in it. Then, use 1 tsp of blue dawn, 4 TBSP of hydrogen peroxide and 2TBSP of baking soda mixture. Add the amount that would be able to handle that size. Scrub the shit out of it. Rinse. Repeat if necessary. Vinegar mixture should remove the smell and the baking soda mixture should keep it away.
We’re still talking about coolers right? 🤐

sigking

Post by sigking »

hebie82 wrote:
First use 1 cup of white vinegar to 8 cups of water. Let it soak overnight in it. Then, use 1 tsp of blue dawn, 4 TBSP of hydrogen peroxide and 2TBSP of baking soda mixture. Add the amount that would be able to handle that size. Scrub the shit out of it. Rinse. Repeat if necessary. Vinegar mixture should remove the smell and the baking soda mixture should keep it away.

OP, if this doesn't work, just throw some cucumbers in there and in a week or two you will have some blue pickles. :lol:

It does sound like the best combination of all the good natural cleaners though.

meltblown

Post by meltblown »

I hated drinking beer out of an ice chest that a fisherman had used. Never have liked the smell of fish. When I did fish I learned from an old woman to wash my hands in toothpaste to get rid of the smell.

hebie82

Post by hebie82 »

Travish wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:31 pm
hebie82 wrote:
We’re still talking about coolers right? 🤐
Sure.
One of them girls that peels off the Bud Light label

RG Coburn

Post by RG Coburn »

I cannot understand paying a $100 for a perfect new yeti cooler,let alone a used one that smells like ass. What exactly makes them so supposedly awesome?
If I need a cooler, I can usually just score a decent one from goodwill for 3 or 4 dollars. Coolers are expendable.

def90

Post by def90 »

Broncowilly wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:35 pm
Guys and gals, I picked up a used Yeti 50 a while back for $100.00. When I got it I didn't notice any smell but it sat in the shop with the lid closed and when I got it out to use it the inside smelled pretty bad. I poured 2 gallons of Clorox bleach in it and the rest water and let it sit for a couple of days then scrubbed it with Dawn dish soup and a scrubby.

Yesterday I got it out and it smelled bad again! Do any of you have a suggestion to get rid of of the smell? Some industrial deodorant or some trick? TIA
Leave it out in direct sun with the lid open for a day or two, sunlight does wonders for getting rid of anything that has a little bit of a funky smell to it.. moldy coolers, that army surplus smell and so on..

Nev

Post by Nev »

+1 Baking Soda. Get a big bag at Costco. Use all of it. Fill with water. Let it sit.

Broncowilly

Post by Broncowilly »

def90 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:11 pm
Broncowilly wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:35 pm
Guys and gals, I picked up a used Yeti 50 a while back for $100.00. When I got it I didn't notice any smell but it sat in the shop with the lid closed and when I got it out to use it the inside smelled pretty bad. I poured 2 gallons of Clorox bleach in it and the rest water and let it sit for a couple of days then scrubbed it with Dawn dish soup and a scrubby.

Yesterday I got it out and it smelled bad again! Do any of you have a suggestion to get rid of of the smell? Some industrial deodorant or some trick? TIA
Leave it out in direct sun with the lid open for a day or two, sunlight does wonders for getting rid of anything that has a little bit of a funky smell to it.. moldy coolers, that army surplus smell and so on..
Out in the 90° sun right now. It is said the sun is the best disinfectant.

boutcha

Post by boutcha »

Thumps up on the baking soda.
HOW CAN THE LEFT LEAD A COUNTRY THEY HATE?

89grand1

Post by 89grand1 »

RG Coburn wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:11 pm
I cannot understand paying a $100 for a perfect new yeti cooler,let alone a used one that smells like ass. What exactly makes them so supposedly awesome?
If I need a cooler, I can usually just score a decent one from goodwill for 3 or 4 dollars. Coolers are expendable.

I'm stunned by this myself. I don't care how over priced it was new, $100 for a new cooler sounds like insanity, let alone one that is used and smells like Hillary's filthy cunt after Michelle Obama's dick unloaded in it.

Mebsuta

Post by Mebsuta »

I had stinky outdoor trash can and the only thing that helped was scrubbing it with straight Fabuloso. I don't know if you want your ice chest to smell like lavender though.

guzzimike1

Post by guzzimike1 »

I guess that Yeti Coolers are considered a Status Symbol to some people.

One of my neighbors has a "Yeti" Sticker on the back window of his Pickup truck.

89grand1

Post by 89grand1 »

guzzimike1 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:11 am
One of my neighbors has a "Yeti" Sticker on the back window of his Pickup truck.

What a fag.

silverAKM

Post by silverAKM »

89grand1 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:57 am
guzzimike1 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:11 am

What a fag.
^ Guzzler or guzzler's neighbor or both? :twisted: :lol:
"It's easier to fool people than it's to convince them they been fooled." Samuel Clemens(Mark Twain)
"Life is hard, life is even harder if you're stupid and lazy." Marion Morrison(John Wayne)
Black Rifles Matter!

MACV

Post by MACV »

Ask the wife what she uses to keep the stink off her box.
When you wake up and get a ice pack on your head she may feel sorry and tell you.

Hardheaded

Post by Hardheaded »

Go fishing
Put the fish in it
It will smell different

BoatGuyFL

Post by BoatGuyFL »

Crumpled up newspaper with some white vinegar sprinkled/poured on it, close lid for a day or 2.

K98al

Post by K98al »

After you clean it and let it air out for a few days, put a couple chunks of charcoal in it before closing it up again.

1biggun

Post by 1biggun »

K98al wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:29 am
After you clean it and let it air out for a few days, put a couple chunks of charcoal in it before closing it up again.
Then some charcoal lighter fluid and a lite match.