Re: I Miss My Akfiles

Post by sigking »

MIG*7.62 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:56 pm
Zemlyak wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:33 pm
Me too, couple of days become two weeks... :(
Like the covid

The longer it takes, the better the launch of the site. It has so many upgrades and features, it will be worth the wait. It would suck to have it open to only have it shut back down again. Even with all the time working out the bugs, it still could happen.

madmanmccoy

Post by madmanmccoy »

It really ought to teach us all a lesson......you don't miss & appreciate something & how good it was until it's gone........

meltblown

Post by meltblown »

I hadn't logged on in over 6 years. :mrgreen:

Savage11

Post by Savage11 »

madmanmccoy wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:07 pm
It really ought to teach us all a lesson......you don't miss & appreciate something & how good it was until it's gone........
Agreed, plus, the files is my source for current events/news. I'd like a tighter restriction on the leftist trolls slinging poo all the time as well.

Invictus77

Post by Invictus77 »

recon-1 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:52 pm
This is killing most of us full time AK Filers. :x
The FAL side of the fence is more than ready for the AK guys to go back to their safe space too!

Sorry AK guys, I stumbled across this photo and could not resist. It came from the uber, super secret site that Jen set up for the FAL guys :twisted:

Really, I suspect we have all gained a few trolls on this temp site that came from neither side, but???

recon-1

Post by recon-1 »

Wow. That is a cheap shot there. But that's okay. We will not miss you FALER's one bit either! :P

sigking

Post by sigking »

The way 2020 is going we may have to live together for many years to come.....lol

2020 has been the year of shit.... New Chinese calendar name....The Year of Shit

Invictus77

Post by Invictus77 »

recon-1 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:43 pm
Wow. That is a cheap shot there. But that's okay. We will not miss you FALER's one bit either! :P
I suppose it is a combination of everyone knowing this is temporary and also the lack of a basement, but I am a bit surprised some of these good natured "pokes" across the fence (from both sides) has not sent has not sent some dickwad into a ranting tizzy yet - LOL

MIG*7.62

Post by MIG*7.62 »

Invictus77 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:37 pm
recon-1 wrote:
The FAL side of the fence is more than ready for the AK guys to go back to their safe space too!

Sorry AK guys, I stumbled across this photo and could not resist. It came from the uber, super secret site that Jen set up for the FAL guys :twisted:

Really, I suspect we have all gained a few trolls on this temp site that came from neither side, but???
Did you just assume our genders lol

MI redneck

Post by MI redneck »

Invictus77 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:56 pm
recon-1 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:43 pm
I suppose it is a combination of everyone knowing this is temporary and also the lack of a basement, but I am a bit surprised some of these good natured "pokes" across the fence (from both sides) has not sent has not sent some dickwad into a ranting tizzy yet - LOL
Don't jinx it! ;)

Broncowilly

Post by Broncowilly »

Invictus77 wrote:
recon-1 wrote:

Funny, I pictured the other way around! :twisted:

madmanmccoy

Post by madmanmccoy »

Show of hands..............how many clicked on that FAL link?

Not I.........

Mr Nobody

Post by Mr Nobody »

The only thing worth missing is the market
Prove me wrong

History

Post by History »

Thems fightin pitchers.
Invictus77 wrote:
recon-1 wrote:

BoatGuyFL

Post by BoatGuyFL »

Broncowilly wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:11 pm
Invictus77 wrote:
recon-1 wrote:

Funny, I pictured the other way around! :twisted:
Leftists always accuse you of exactly what they're doing. POW! :) :D

abbatoys1

Post by abbatoys1 »

No idea it was hacked. I had to set up a new account and new user name...

nalioth

Post by nalioth »

abbatoys1 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:01 am
No idea it was hacked. I had to set up a new account and new user name...
So now nobody knows who you are?

def90

Post by def90 »

Invictus77 wrote:
recon-1 wrote:

Lol! Perfect..

meltblown

Post by meltblown »

Some of the folks here are ok despite commie guns. I've been seriously thinking about getting off any social media after this stint though. It's like trying to wash a smell off that takes awhile. :o Sick of wasting time instead of being productive. Lot's of good stuff, but the tracking and such dunno. This shit is as dialed in as the SPLC dialed into the KKK back in the old days, but now it's even more being a sportsman. The internet is nothing but a tracking/propaganda device. I'll take the tinfoil hat off now.

Northwest 80D

Post by Northwest 80D »

meltblown wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:26 am
Some of the folks here are ok despite commie guns. I've been seriously thinking about getting off any social media after this stint though. It's like trying to wash a smell off that takes awhile. :o Sick of wasting time instead of being productive.
I know the AK files is a wealth of knowledge on far more than AKs, and I'm sure the FAL Files are too. Not to mention the news that you'd probably not see elsewhere without alot of looking....at least on the AK side.

Then there are the people. Be they friend or foe, the interaction and ability to see situations from a variety of viewpoints is always good...... especially the views of our opposition. Remember: Know your enemy.

Point being, forums like this are a far cry from the waste of time you might think.... That is unless you're spending 23 out of 24 hours on here....Then you've got a problem...LOL

Ram Rod

Post by Ram Rod »

I miss the real AKFiles as well. But I'm dealing with things just like the rest of y'all.
I think some are taking it as a break of sorts and to remain anonymous.
I have faith that good things are to come. Sort of an appetizer to a big Trump win in November!
Seeing the doctor end of August. For now I'm holding off on asking for Zoloft. Taking enough pills as it is.

meltblown

Post by meltblown »

Northwest 80D wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:36 am
meltblown wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:26 am
Some of the folks here are ok despite commie guns. I've been seriously thinking about getting off any social media after this stint though. It's like trying to wash a smell off that takes awhile. :o Sick of wasting time instead of being productive.
I know the AK files is a wealth of knowledge on far more than AKs, and I'm sure the FAL Files are too. Not to mention the news that you'd probably not see elsewhere without alot of looking....at least on the AK side.

Then there are the people. Be they friend or foe, the interaction and ability to see situations from a variety of viewpoints is always good...... especially the views of our opposition. Remember: Know your enemy.

Point being, forums like this are a far cry from the waste of time you might think.... That is unless you're spending 23 out of 24 hours on here....Then you've got a problem...LOL
You're missing my point. And agree have met some great folks in person and nice marketplace... on the non-commie files. :D I know jack shit about AKs. Except for that Yugo pap pistol. It just sits in a box with no love. Can't even find a pistol brace that makes sense. Summbich was imported by Century. Thank god they only stamped the receiver.

Lagavulin62

Post by Lagavulin62 »

I'm getting a little sick of this too. Need more. Then what a crappy year to start getting my life back again. Getting ready to finish my refinance, I'm single again with lots of time and soon cash to participate more than just current events. Fortunately on the AR side I have plenty to keep me busy with new builds that have been sitting forever. I want to add to the AK side as well but stock seems to be down for now. I can always work on my knowledge but this limited temp board is no help. I have checked out a few other so called AK forums, pitiful pitiful in comparison. I know it will be worth the wait. Just I'm getting tired of waiting. : )